Mercenary ~ The Hours That Remain

Posted by Klarth

[quote]We’ve been waiting for this moment for a long time, and now it’s finally here.
The new Mercenary album – the follow up to “11 Dreams” – is done.
The recordings ended on Friday, April 7th. We’re also finally able to spill out some more details that we’ve had on the tip of our tongues for several months:

The new album title is: “The Hours that Remain”

The album will contain 10 brand new songs – about 60 minutes of playing time. Some track titles are; “The Year of the Plague”, “My world is Ending”, “Obscure Indiscretion” & “Lost Reality”.

We’re very happy with the result – and if you like “11 Dreams” you’ll definately like this as well. “The Hours that Remain” has the custom Mercenary riffs and sound, but a lot more heavy, speedy and melodic at the same time. We’ve gone even further in mixing the different styles as we like them into a nice “Mercenary” type blend.

“The Hours that Remain” will also include special guests, that we keep a secret for now.

As for the art work, we’ve decided to go another round with Travis Smith (Nevermore, Testament, SYL etc.).
Travis also did the “Everblack” artwork for us and we’re very happy with the layouts he has done for “The Hours that Remain” so far.

“The Hours that Remain” –was recorded at Jacob Hansen Studios from march 11th - April 7th.
The mixing will take place 5th - 15th of May. Mastering will once again be handled by Ziggy.at zigzound Studios.
So it should be all over the internet by June. I hope the special guests are interesting! *crosses fingers for Anders Fridén*

"Year of the Plague" might be my favourite song just judging by the title. Omg I am excited :(

Posted by Shade

No official release date? :(

I refuse to get leaked internet files.

Posted by Klarth

Psh, as far as I care it's legal if you're planning to buy it. I had half of 11 Dreams before I ordered it, and I downloaded Octavarium a week before I got it in the shops.

Posted by Shade

It's not about legality.

I just don't want to.

Posted by Klarth

Cover art and new bandshot. Release date is August 21st. Tracklist is as follows:

01. Redefine Me
02. Year Of The Plague
03. My World Is Ending
04. This Eternal Instant
05. Lost Reality
06. Soul Decision
07. Simplicity Demand
08. Obscure Indiscretion
09. My Secret Window
10. The Hours That Remain

New bassist is René Pedersen from Communic.

****ing PSYCHED.

Posted by x-brobot

how do you know that

Posted by Hyper

[QUOTE=Klarth]New bassist is Ren

Posted by Klarth

k, apparently Pedersen was never in Communic and the source I got it from is horribly wrong, wtf?

He's not listed as being in any other bands in the MA so he's totally new by the looks of things.

Posted by Shade

[quote=Official Website]
"The Hours That Remain" is scheduled for release on August 21 via Century Media Records.

Thought that might be important, too.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Klarth]Release date is August 21st.
hi