Having A Problem Loading Game

Posted by Nickd009

Ok heres whats going on, my friend burned me a copy of GTA III in 2 discs. I loaded them onto my computer and put them both together. Then I try and load the game but theres a problem I tell it to start and it says "Please insert the correct CD-Rom, select OK and restart application" So i try with both Cds i have and neither work. So im like or ill just download a program to let me play without the CD and that doesnt work either. I cant figure it out, its frusterating :mad: , can you please help? :)

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Nickd009: "Please insert the correct CD-Rom, select OK and restart application"

Yes, do just that.:D

Posted by Nickd009

I did do that it doesnt work, i tried cd 1 and 2

Posted by Klarth

I'm pretty sure a legit copy of GTA3 comes on one disc. Basically, there's a set of files on the disc that overlaps the entire contents - if one file is moved or altered, the disc won't work.

Go get a real copy (or a better backup).

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I had the same problem when I installed the Sims 2 over five discs. It simply cannot work - although there's a possibility using a DVD copy may fool the computer.. Otherwise, you'll have to go straight, and get a legal copy.

:(

Posted by loony636

For $15 on ebay you can get a LEGIT version of GTA 3, which will definately work. Either that or convince your 'friend' to burn you another copy for you, on one cd. Obviously he's not very friendly if he burns you a copy of a game that he knows wont work. If he actually did install it, and it works, then ask him how he did it.

Posted by Atomicgames

OR you could convince him to burn you an ISO and FTP it to you or something.