What would you want to see in a Metroid Movie?

Posted by Drewboy64

I'd want to see lots of the history or whatever of Metroid revealed. I think it'd be cool to have a scene where, say, samus and weavel fight before he gets his power suit and becomes a hunter.

Posted by GameMiestro

I'd like to see Samus.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'd like it to never see the light of day.

That, or barely any dialogue or supporting characters.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

A power suit that doesn't look like sh*t.

And the X.

:cool:

Posted by Klarth

****ing good music.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Vampiro: I'd like it to never see the light of day.

[spoiler].[/spoiler]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Klarth: ****ing good music.

What genre(s)?

I'd imagine most producers would fill a Metroid movie with Matrix-esque techo/rock crap.

:(

Posted by Dog

metroid wouldn't make a good movie.

Posted by Zeta

Honestly, I'd be all for it if the director put as much effort into it as Christophe Gans put into Silent Hill.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: What genre(s)?

I'd imagine most producers would fill a Metroid movie with Matrix-esque techo/rock crap.

Ambient/Atmospheric.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting The X: What genre(s)?

:(

Orchestral **** and ambient electronic. Soundscapes are fine - Check [url=http://www.ocremix.org/songs/Super_Metroid_BrinstarDreamsInRed_OC_ReMix.mp3]this[/url] for what'd make me sticky.

Also: http://imdb.com/title/tt0407989/

Posted by PhlyntheKT

Metroid...Its a good game but I don't think the story would make a good movie...then again they did make DOOM...and Mortal Kombat

Posted by Linko_16

I'd rather the movie biz left it alone, but if they were going to, I'd want to see it completely in CG like Advent Children. I would also hope they would refrain from retelling any stories... I wouldn't mind them starting from the beginning, detailing Samus's loss of her parents and how she grew to be who she was in the first game.

Posted by Dexter

Hey, if John Woo is really going to be directing, all I care to see is the dove.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Dexter: Hey, if John Woo is really going to be directing, all I care to see is the dove.

Agreed, but how are they gonna be able to work it in?

Posted by Zeta

Replace dove with a white Dachora?

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Klarth: Agreed, but how are they gonna be able to work it in?

I'd say he throws it in a dream sequence. Something about Samus once having a family back on Earth, then the doves flying away, representing the coming of danger, then her entire family getting destroyed by the master villain. She was only a child when it happened, but it was the inspiration that brought her to her destiny and every time she thinks about the doves, she gets an extra kick of motivation to destroy some buggy life forms, like a power up.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Dexter: I'd say he throws it in a dream sequence. Something about Samus once having a family back on K-2L, then the doves flying away, representing the coming of danger, then her entire family getting destroyed by the Ridley. She was only a child when it happened, but it was the inspiration that brought her to her destiny and every time she thinks about the doves, she gets an extra kick of motivation to destroy some buggy life forms, like a power up.

Fix'd for inaccuracy issues, or whatev.

Posted by Dexter

She wasn't born on K-2L though, was she? She went there later on in her life, I'm sure of it. And I somehow doubt that Ridley will be the master villain. They'll probably go with something more human like, something with a personality that one could easily disapprove of. Starship Troopers lacked a decent lead villain. Even Doom had to make the final fight with a human. I don't think Samus will be called out on a mission that she doesn't relate to much, but instead she'll have some sort of personal reason behind what she's going to be doing in the film. She's got to be connected, not distant.

Posted by Zeta

It would be better if she was born on K-2L. Being born on Earth is too cliche.

I put Ridley there because he's the one that killed her parents... unless one of those Space Pirates got to them first. And she would have a personal reason: avenge her parents' deaths.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/FusionEnd.png[/IMG]
Alternatively, go find the Metroid manga; I hear it's canon.

Posted by Dexter

If there are no doves on K-2L, then she can't possibly be born there. Maybe it would be a good idea if all the sudden when she's out on some freakish, bug-filled planet she sees a dove fly by, perhaps giving the idea that there is a greener, more gentle side to the planet and that the dove lost its way. IDK, I'm sure John will think of something.

Posted by Zeta

Humans could have brought other animals with them to K-2L. idk

Posted by Dexter

I actually wouldn't really care for John Woo to direct this. I don't dislike his taste or style, but this seriously doesn't seem like his type of film. I liked Face/Off and Broken Arrow, but what I liked about those films don't seem to go along with or fit with Metroid too well. Maybe he's looking to do something a bit different though, something darker. Methroid doesn't seem like the type of film that one would be able to mix emotions in with very well, like John seems to do with his films. Samus is more of a loner, without any true connections or feelings towards anyone in the present. Metroid should be quiet, isolated, and terrifying. The music must be eerie instead of actiony or intense, unless the moment really called for it, like a huge end battle. I'd really love for the battle/fighting scenes to be like the bug killing scene in King Kong. Now that was splendid cinema. I wanted it to last for hours because I thought it was that good. Is John Woo really capable of doing this project and giving it justice?

Posted by Linko_16

I agree with Dexter on what a Metroid movie should be like; it should be quiet and tense most of the time, like the game often is, and intense during fights... the bug attacks in King Kong really are a pretty good example of what a fight scene in this movie should be like.

As far as accuracy goes, as long as they keep things more or less the same, I don't mind if they took some creative liberties. The origin story was kind of basic to begin with.

Posted by echoes3200

well i think that all of the suits that samus has wolud come to life including sa_x and they wolud become one so in a way she wolud be a super samus so whan that happens she starts with every weapon that she has got in the past and use them all to kill all the bosses she has beaten in the past OH the beat thing wolud be whan the beams come as one at the end to kill dark samus I wolud call this beam super beam so if any one has any replys or problems with this just let me know

Posted by Drewboy64

Samus, naked.

I wouldn't want much talking, at least from samus/ridley and such. And I would want it to be animated rather than live actors.