Five years old.

Posted by Jesse Smith

The vgchat.com site is five years old!!!!

http://web.archive.org/web/20010422100644/http://www.vgchat.com/

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.vgchat.com/

It looks like it was set up on the 18th, based on the oldest post shown on the index.

So is any one still here that was here when this domain was set up, or have all the intelligent members scared all da oldies away!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Klarth

Wait, Netters modded Zelda?

And ADMIRAL ANTHRAX modded ANIME?!

Posted by GameMiestro

No, it looks like it's 514 years old, considering the copywright date.

Posted by Last Fog

I heard this place used to be good back then. Hard to believe.

Posted by Klarth

I keep thinking this is a thread announcing Jesse's mental age when I see it on the index.

I can dream.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I actually thought is was older.

Posted by Ant

Well, the site itself is this old. But there was the old won boards. That's probably what you are thinking of!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VGC

Posted by junior senior

awwwww happy birthday

Posted by The Judge

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM ALL OF US TO YOU WE WISH IT WAS OUR BIRTHDAY SO THAT WE COULD PARTY TOO DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS

Posted by Dog

:birthday:

Posted by Zeta

VGC can't drive yet? :(

Posted by mis0

VGC is loli.

WoN is what's older; I remember arsing about it back in 1999.

Posted by NES Queen

i have no idea when i stumbled upon vgc, but i bumped into WoN back in 98 or 99 when i was working at the library in college.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Angelwing: I actually thought is was older.

On June 13th the original site where it all started will be 10 years old!! er does any one even go there any more!!! :D

Posted by Xenos

Huh, I don't recognize anyone there--well, of course, except for a few people. Chica Aburrida ... it's somewhat strange to thing she was alive and well browsing the forum, now dead. 'never really knew her, but its just an odd feeling.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Xenos: true.

Man, I only joined a month or two after VGC was created? That's hot.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Does anyone remember who Foppy D was/ is now? Just curious. I remember someone got ****ed along time ago about his name or something. Heh it was fun skimming those old threads. I had a few laughs at soem of the trash I used to post way back then. Good times. :cool:

Posted by Xenos

Yeah, I remember that guy. I don't know why he left--it was pretty abrupt. I heard someone else ... I forgot who it was ... that he had no internet or something. A pretty fun guy.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Xenos: Yeah, I remember that guy. I don't know why he left--it was pretty abrupt. I heard someone else ... I forgot who it was ... that he had no internet or something. A pretty fun guy.

One of our awesome members I do recall. Then I see Laminator and go "whoa where is did he go?" Or is he under a different name here?

Posted by Zeta

We need some sort of thread with username history...

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yeah, I remember Foppy D. Neat guy, as far as I can recall.

Posted by maian

Ha, I remember when it was like that. Well, early 2002, which is close enough.

I miss those days. =/ When we only had 18 smilies, and there was intelligent people and good boards!

Posted by Zeta

Quoting maian: When we only had 18 smilies, and there was intelligent people and good boards!

Wouldn't that be 'there were'?

Posted by maian

Quoting Zeta: Wouldn't that be 'there were'?

..SHUT UP. I'm not even going to edit that, just so people can know how stupid I am. :(

The irony is killing me!

Posted by Dexter

Felix T.C. should return. He was, like, the first VGC member I actually started talking to regularly.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Lol, VGC was never intelligent. And we always had about sixteen gagababillion smilies. Maian just didn't know how to use the boards properly.

Posted by maian

No. We had 18. I can remember. It was 18. I could probably list them here. :-*

Posted by Dexter

Listen to maian. His memory is correct. We had no *oscar* or :cookie:

Posted by Zeta

Or :big_bird:, rite?

Posted by G-Sides

:'( i sux'd in 01.
and haven't improved that much.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er...I take it you guys want more smilies??!!!

Posted by maian

I'M LISTING THEM ALL TO PROVE A POINT

:o :D ;) :cool: :mad: :eek: :( :rolleyes: :) :p: :-D :puke: :confused: :insane: :mad2: :dunno: :argue:

Shi, I can't remember our last one.

And I've just come upon a startling revelation. One of our smilies is a Bionicle. A Lego Bionicle. :fighter: