AOL Nintendo Sweepstakes.

Posted by Klarth

http://videogames.aol.com/sweepstakes

Three lucky ****ers win and get to play the Revo... ON STAGE AT E3.

*enters, spooges*

edit: ****ing USA-over-eighteens-only-policy...

Posted by Last Fog

I played it today already - a game called "change the channel" lol

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Last Fog]I played it today already - a game called "change the channel" lol

That wasn't very nice...

Posted by Last Fog

I know ... but it felt soo good :devil:

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=GameMiestro]That wasn't very nice...

Or clever.

Posted by Last Fog

No **** I was making fun of people who say that. I wouldnt really joke about Nintendos next original, potentially good idea that probably wont work well.

Posted by Speedfreak

Probably won't work well? We've had numerous reports from tons of journalists who have used it that it works so well that they forget it's even there.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

The thing that intrigues me most is that the winner also recieves a copy of New Super Mario Bros. I wasn't aware a release date had been finalised.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Wings]The thing that intrigues me most is that the winner also recieves a copy of New Super Mario Bros. I wasn't aware a release date had been finalised.

May 15. Cant wait :)

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Wings: The thing that intrigues me most is that the winner also recieves a copy of New Super Mario Bros. I wasn't aware a release date had been finalised.

and 30th june for the uk, so it'll be an import for me :D

Posted by GameMiestro

Heck, I didn't even know the UK would ever even get a release. IGN didn't seem to think so.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting GameMiestro: Heck, I didn't even know the UK would ever even get a release. IGN didn't seem to think so.

believe it or not the uk gets a lot of games, we even get stuff america and japan would never get :D

Posted by Speedfreak

Like Terranigma!

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Speedfreak: Probably won't work well? We've had numerous reports from tons of journalists who have used it that it works so well that they forget it's even there.
What I mean is I doubt they'll get much support from developers. There wasnt much with gamecube, and I dont see this as a way to improve that.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Speedfreak: Like Terranigma!

I <3 you. Enix never should've left the Gaia series as just a trilogy, though :(

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I have entered this contest. As God is on my side, I am sure to win. In any event, my patronage has put most of the children of Nintendo employees through college at this point, so they owe me one.

Posted by Ant

By golly gee, I sure hope I win! I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO GO TO HOLLYWOODLAND!

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Last Fog]What I mean is I doubt they'll get much support from developers. There wasnt much with gamecube, and I dont see this as a way to improve that.

Well they've already announced that they're launching with 20 games, 2/3 of which are from 3rd parties. Gamecube never had anything like that.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Gamecube never had anything like that.

Neither did the 360 for that matter.

Posted by Axis

Yet the 360 will probably have the most 3rd party support next generation.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I don't think it will differ much between the 360 and PS3.

Posted by Klarth

I'm predicting PS3 on that front, seeing as Sony are incapable of game development (judging from previous efforts).

Posted by Speedfreak

Axis: You're basing that on what?

Klarth: Sony having limited resources isn't a very compelling arguement for them having more 3rd party support.

Methinks 360 is gonna grab most of the North American developers, who can't make a game for a system unless it has UBER GRAPHIX, no matter how much money they could stand to make on a less powerful system. I think Nintendo will completely take Japan and most of the Japanese developers who have already gone nuts for the DS. Then the European devs will be distributed pretty evnely between the two.

I honestly think Sony is completely fucked this generation.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Speedfreak]
Klarth: Sony having limited resources isn't a very compelling arguement for them having more 3rd party support.
Limited resources? I'm insinuating that Sony have been relying so much on third-party support that they've become sloppy at developing games in-house, and even worse at creating new franchises (see: Killzone). A company like Sony has anything BUT limited resources if they can afford to sell third-rate products at a massive loss.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Klarth: Limited resources? I'm insinuating that Sony have been relying so much on third-party support that they've become sloppy at developing games in-house, and even worse at creating new franchises (see: Killzone).

It's strange that you're saying that, considering G[color=yellowgreen]od of War and Shadow of the Colossus are two of their most recent efforts, and these are highly acclaimed titles that came after Killzone. Plus, they used to suck at first-party games back in the PS days, where they could only compete with sports games and the occasional oddball game by SCEI that nobody outside of Japan played. They've come a long way since.[/color]

Posted by Klarth

...I didn't enjoy God of War, but I had no idea that Shadow of the Colossus was developed in-house.

I retract my statement.

Despite this, I've recently had the displeasure of playing the godawful Jak & Daxter games. Sony can't do franchises.

Posted by Speedfreak

Shadow of the Colossus was a good game, but I think Gamespot's score of 87% was probably 3 or 4% too generous. The game is completely linear, ridiculously short and has next to no replay value.

Beautiful as it was (in much the same vein as Terranigma), it lacked substance. I think Klarth hit the nail on the head with those God-awful Jak and Crash games, aswell as Killzone being mediocre trash.

They're learning, but they've got a long way to go before they're of even Sega calibre. They're about as good as a pre-NES Nintendo, nowhere near enough to attract people to PlayStation on their own.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Klarth:

Despite this, I've recently had the displeasure of playing the godawful Jak & Daxter games. Sony can't do franchises.

Well, it all comes down to a matter of opinion, then. People enjoy games with Jak, Ratchet, and to a lesser extent (not as popular) Sly and Ape Escape. *** of War is both incredibly popular and incredibly well liked, so I guess Sony just doesn't do franchises that you want to play.

Posted by Klarth

Point taken, but there are plenty of games they produce which *everyone* should regard as low quality. Jak Racing comes to mind - Killzone slightly less so.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Klarth: Jak Racing comes to mind - Killzone slightly less so.

I never played the final version, but I beta-tested it, and Jak X was a very solid game, especially online. Let me see... 77.3%... that's the average score for the game across all publications. So, I guess it's still a matter of opinion. Hmmm... from the looks of it Killzone wasn't that badly received either, with a 72.9% average. From what I read when the game came out, people were disappointed by its bugs and slowdown, as well as the tag the media gave it before release as a "Halo killer," which wasn't the case. I never played it, though, so I can't speak from personal experience.

Posted by Klarth

Heh, way to thread-drift. :P

I suppose opinion's still a factor, and although it goes somewhat against what I just said, I think amount of experience with the game is also important - Given long enough, I think it's possible to enjoy anything no matter how much the media or your friends ***** about it. I've been able to enjoy shitty Simpsons spinoffs and similar in the past.

I still prefer quality over quantity, though.

Posted by Colonel

OHHHH what i would give to be 18!!!!!! Only 4 more years.

Woot 200th post.

According to Speedy's brother, it's the same as being 17, just a year older.

Posted by Klarth

I haven't seen Bebop posting in a while. What gives? He usually brings chaos and fun to the gaming boards :(

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Wings: I wasn't aware a release date had been finalised.

[quote=GameMiestro]May 15. Cant wait :)Sorry but I skipped these posts the first time... is that for real? May 15 of this year revolution comes out? That's less than a month I had no idea.

Posted by Klarth

That's the release date of New Super Mario Bros.

Yeah, and possibly DS Lite. Revolution (Wii) is currently dated at November.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Klarth: I haven't seen Bebop posting in a while. What gives? He usually brings chaos and fun to the gaming boards :(

I noticed that aswell. But he just recently posted in some thread...

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Klarth: That's the release date of New Super Mario Bros.
Oh, my bad. I read that part of the post but it didn't register I guess. :/

I must have been thinking it was a revolution launch title.