Ocarina of time Beta and Twilight Princess are the same

Posted by gamerz

It looks like it's true. The Twilight Princess is a copy of Ocarina of Time beta.
Screenshots below

Twilight Princess Screenshot
[IMG]http://zeldac.ganonstower.com/gallery/albums/screens/tp/normal_newtp4.jpg[/IMG]

Ocarina of Time Beta Screenshot
[IMG]http://www.psloz.com/Images/OoT/beta15.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by maian

..Uh, no. The OOT beta was the same game, but with a few different/enemies, a few different storyline things, and some of the areas would've been different. The beta wouldn't just be a whole entire different game.

Worse, Nintendo wouldn't make a beta with better graphics for Gamecube's last, most anticipated game of all time. :)

I don't know if you were even serious or not, but, uh, yeah.

Posted by Klarth

Firstly, in one he's on a bridge and on the other he's in a cave. They're honestly not *that* similar.

Secondly, if you're serious... Good ***. Considering the fact that you think FMV is rendered on a console's graphics chip, I wouldn't be surprised.

Posted by brownoystercult

Even IF it were true, it'd still warrant a double-dip.

Posted by Dog

the shields look different, when they have the same name. it's obviosly not the same game.

Posted by ExoXile

Dude, thet could be the OoT's "Beta"-Keese, or somthing.
I HIGHLY doubt any relevace to Oot's beta. :p:

Posted by gamerz

well, theres really no telling unless a cracked version of the beta oot 64 (hacked out of a real n64 cartridge, if it's in nintendo's vault or not.) comes to da public.

Who knows, oot beta and ocarina of time (released) could be polar opposites.

Posted by GameMiestro

So... they both have vaguely similar enemies, and their swords look vaguely the same. Isn't this basically true with any Zelda game?

Posted by ExoXile

That's like comparing a cow with a camel, or something.

Posted by ~vampire~

huh no. OoT cannot be the same as TP. Maybe the items are similar, but the scenario, the maps, bosses, monsters are really not the same. Maybe some come back, but most of them are new.

Posted by Pit

IN TWILIGHT PRINCESS THERE'S THIS DUNGEON WHERE YOU P UT ON THE IRON BOOTS AND THE GIANT MAGNET PULLS YOU. THIS WAS IN OCARINA TIME.

Not the same game. Plus the overworld in OoT will not even compare to TP. And you don't start out as young Link in TP. And you don't get the horse as early in the game. And you don't tranform into a wolf and go into a different realm. And there's no Midna is OoT.

Posted by ~vampire~

Quoting Pit: IN TWILIGHT PRINCESS THERE'S THIS DUNGEON WHERE YOU P UT ON THE IRON BOOTS AND THE GIANT MAGNET PULLS YOU. THIS WAS IN OCARINA TIME.

Quoting ~vampire~: Maybe the items are similar...

;)

Posted by Pit

I was joking about the magnet part. Yes the iron boots are in TP, but they're also in windwaker... I GUESS WINDWAKER IS OOT LOL

Posted by ~vampire~

Quoting Pit: And you don't get the horse as early in the game.

In OoT and MM, I dont remember getting the horse until I've completed 40-50% of the game...

Posted by Pit

Lies. You can get the horse once you become Adult Link. Just get the song right after you leave Kokiri forest. Talk to malon in hyrule castle, save her dad, then go to the farm, learn the song, get the three stones, become adult link, get horse from Ingo

Posted by ~vampire~

Quoting Pit: Lies. You can get the horse once you become Adult Link. Just get the song right after you leave Kokiri forest. Talk to malon in hyrule castle, save her dad, then go to the farm, learn the song, get the three stones, become adult link, get horse from Ingo

I know, but you need to pass the 3 first temple (the ones as young link) to get your horse. Its still a big part of the game, but less than 50%...I'd like to start the game, get outta my linko house and see my horse right there. This way I can travel around faster.

Posted by maian

No, you can do it right when you become an adult. I've played that game enough to know.

And yes, you do get your horse very early in Twilight Princess. Whether you get to keep it or not, you already get to ride it around in the starting town.

Posted by ~vampire~

Quoting maian: No, you can do it right when you become an adult. I've played that game enough to know..

Really? Why? I never went to get it right after I became an adult. I always did the forest temple first and then went to get epona for the biggoron sword.

Quoting maian: And yes, you do get your horse very early in Twilight Princess. Whether you get to keep it or not, you already get to ride it around in the starting town.

Cool. :cool:

Posted by NightmareBassX

Its still a big part of the game, but less than 50%...I'd like to start the game, get outta my linko house and see my horse right there. This way I can travel around faster.
Actually, that part of the game only takes about an hour...

Posted by The Legend of Me

TP is verry different from OoT, for one thing your adult link entirely through the game, there are very little simelaritys besides the characters and things like that.

Posted by sonic hedgehog

the beta zelda 64 pic was back when they were still developing the graphix
engine, you could just as well say that oot was going to be a zelda 1 remake,
not nintendo's best game ever.