Harry Potter *Possible Spoilers*

Posted by Kestryl

As new member of these boards, it came to me as a shock that there is presently no Harry Potter thread...

Be warned, that if you haven't read/watched any of the movies/books, you are tempted to spoilers! Your one warning! Take it now!

As the first topic...
WB has announced that the 5th HP movie, Order of the Phoenix, is due out July 13, 2007. Around the time J. K. Rowling said the last book, the 7th book, will be released. Many people, myself included, believe that the book will be released July 7, 2007- 7/7/07.
Talk about totally wicked summer.

Posted by G-Sides

That's beacuse they're all in the Lit forum.
->

Posted by Klarth

Literature board, movies board. Just a friendly reminder.

And July 7 holds unpleasant memories for myself and many other Londoners, so it's unlikely. :O

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Yeah, although I suppose if it was released on July 7 there would be a portion of the book's sale donated to certain charities, and stuff. And it would be nice and prosaic.

Posted by loony636

Quoting Keystyl: Many people, myself included, believe that the book will be released July 7, 2007- 7/7/07.

Not as bad the Omen (which is about the Antichrist) which is to be released on the 6/6/6.

But try to look further than halfway down the page for the Literature board, that scroll bar on the right hand side of the page has a purpose you know.

And everybody who can read has read the Harry Potter books (or at least seen the movies), so nobody can spoil anything.

Hah, I'm gonna love June 6th. My comic storyline goes mental from that point on.

Posted by Speedfreak

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE.

wtf die

Posted by Dog

i wanna beard like the fat guy in harry potter.

Posted by Xenos

Moved to Movies.

By the way, I'll probably go watch this new one if I ever get the chance. Anyone know if they are planning to replace the actors?

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Speedfreak: SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE.

I LOVE YOU THANX FOR RUINING IT FOR ME!

No but in all seriousness, I found the fifth book to be the worst out of them all. It was very boring and the 800 pages seemed to drag on forever. I remember that many of my friends just gave up on reading it after they hit page 100 for a time being. I actually had to will myself to finish it, it was that boring to me. It seemed to just drag on about how Harry was going about living his life at school and dealing with Umbridge. The real action seeemed to pop up during the last 100 pages and that is when it started to egt interesting. I know for sure that since books tend to be better for me than the acutal movies and that this book happened to suck for me, I will most definately not be going to see the movie in theatres.

Posted by Xenos

Eh, they'll probably summarize it.

Yeah. It's mainly waffle anyway.

Things like Rita Skeeter writing the Quibbler article won't be in it, for example; in the films, Hermione never discovered she was an Animagus and she never did anything that awful. Probably the only things that will survive are the dreams and the DA.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Wings: Yeah. It's mainly waffle anyway.

Things like Rita Skeeter writing the Quibbler article won't be in it, for example; in the films, Hermione never discovered she was an Animagus and she never did anything that awful. Probably the only things that will survive are the dreams and the DA.

What I hated about the fourth movie was that they didn't show the part where Harry's Divinations teacher went into that trance that told him that Voldemort was coming back. That was one of the important parts they filled to input into the film.

Posted by Kestryl

Eh, this always happens to me... think you put it in the right board, turns out ya didn't...

I was thinking about buying a shirt once... it said, "DUMBLEDORE DIES ON PAGE 672 [or whatever]... There, I just saved you 4 hours and $30."

Wings... wha-? When did Hermione become an Animagus? I think someone's been reading way too much fan fiction lately.

Mystic Hero- the trance you're referring to is in the 3rd movie/book... and yes, the film makers did put it in there.

Xenos, as far as changing actors, the only one that's really changed is Dumbledore... due to reasons beyond anyone's control, the original died. And since we're so close to the end of the series, changing the other characters would simply be idiotic. Plus, ya know, all the wild fan girls would be trying to burn the movie theaters down.

Posted by Dog

HARRY DIES!!!!:O

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Kestryl]Wings... wha-? When did Hermione become an Animagus? I think someone's been reading way too much fan fiction lately.
She never found out that Skeeter was an Animagus, silly. :P

And I hope to *** they replace Radcliffe. He's a bloody awful actor and a pathetic person.

Kestryl - yeah, I was talking about Rita being an unregistered Animagus. And TShirtHell doesn't stock that shirt any more, I don't think :(