How about that Atari?

Posted by Kestryl

So, I have an Atari system in the basement... actually, I have two, whatever that's about...
The sad part? I have a PS2 and a Game Cube and a GBA SP... yet I still play the Atari. I love playing all the goofy games with the funky sound clips... and I hate always falling off the cliff in Indiana Jones...
Hmmm...

Any of you have the same, well, not problem, but situation as I do?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Almost. I still have my original NES, my Genesis, an original gameboy and a Gameboy pocket, as well as my Game Gear.

Most of them are currently under my bed, and dont see much play, but occasionally I bust one out and have a blast reliving old memories.

Posted by Klarth

I still have (and use) my Commodore 64.

SiD chip for the WIN. So many games of Gianna Sisters...

Posted by JannettyTheRocker

I really want both a Commodore 64 and an Atari 2600........I even bought a few Atari games recently, but haven't found a working system yet. I really love classic video games, especially my Sega Mastersystem. I think I'm gonna go looking for both systems this weekend. I'm kinda excited, because I bought PacMan, Ms PacMan, Frogger, and River Raid, so I really need a system.

What are some good games for the Commodore 64??? I really liked Spy vs Spy when I was younger.

Posted by Zeta

Atari brought me many hours of Frogger as a child.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=JannettyTheRocker]
What are some good games for the Commodore 64??? I really liked Spy vs Spy when I was younger.
Supremacy, Last Ninja 2, Populous, The Great Gianna Sisters, Attack of the Mutant Camels.

All you'll ever need.

Posted by inequity

I would like to play my Atari, but I can never seem to get the picture right. When I do though, I play "Freeway".

Posted by JannettyTheRocker

Quoting Klarth: Supremacy, Last Ninja 2, Populous, The Great Gianna Sisters, Attack of the Mutant Camels.

All you'll ever need.

Cool, thanks. I'm going to a flea market next weekend to see if I can find a Commodore 64. I love 8-bit gaming (NES, SMS), but never thought twice about the Commodore 64 until recently. I'm so excited to try the games for this system. It sounds great.....I was reading through some websites dedicated to it, and it looks like so much fun.

Posted by loony636

I own an Atari 400, but unfortunately my dad never got around to buying any games for it, so I'm stuck with a few (but still classic) games. I have Pacman, Missile Command and Basic. It did come with a tape storage device, but I could never get it to work. I haven't played it in years, but I used to have endless fun when I was a kid (and the most advanced games was Zoombinies, and I wanted some actual action).

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Klarth: Supremacy, Last Ninja 2, Populous, The Great Gianna Sisters, Attack of the Mutant Camels.

All you'll ever need.

And how could you forget Ducks Ahoy! ?

Posted by Random

y'know I still had a working atari up until about 2 years ago when I gave it to my best friend James when he moved to California. I talk to him every once in a while. Although I managed to keep a few games by accident like Donkey Kong/Mario. Haha I wonder what thats worth.

Posted by Di22y

Yup still cot a Speccy with tape deck and still love it. though I am considering running an emulator cos me tape deck messin up what a t**t.

Posted by PWND_U_IN_MK

"Football" >>>> Madden :)

Posted by ZEN

Atari 2600 was my first experience with gaming.
It was all about Space Invaders, Pit-fall, The Smurf's, Vanguard, and Maze Craze!

I Just recently I found out about gems like 'Keystone Kapers' and 'Private Eye' too.
And much love to "HSW".

Posted by candycab

Quoting Kestryl: So, I have an Atari system in the basement... actually, I have two, whatever that's about...
The sad part? I have a PS2 and a Game Cube and a GBA SP... yet I still play the Atari. I love playing all the goofy games with the funky sound clips... and I hate always falling off the cliff in Indiana Jones...
Hmmm...

Any of you have the same, well, not problem, but situation as I do?

There is nothing wrong with playing old stuff ,obviously you are enjoying it so go for it :) In alot of ways older systems that are based on gameplay alone are actually alot more fun that what we are used to today. Simplicity Rules and I think gaming is one area where that can be very true.

I still play my 2600 on occasion ,games like Missle Command ,Pit Fall and River Raid are hard to beat even today... Fun is Fun no matter what the system may be :)

I was a Commodore 64 kid myself [ Back when EA wasnt a money hoarding prostitute of a company and actually made very good games ] ,there is now an ATX PC style board on the market that is a C64 and 128 ,its pretty cool. Also if you want a taste of the C64 there are a few excelent Emus out that rival the real thing in every way and the roms are very easy to find aswell.

I have it somewhere ? mainly to play ZORK, ZORK II and a few other INFOCOM games ...ahhh those where the days :)

Posted by history_buff

Heaven yeah! I have two Atari's; one doesn't work due to the fried microprocessor. I also have (regretably), Intellivision, Atari plug 'n play, Flashback, NES, SNES, and a great PS2. I'll only play my Atari. I love Vanguard and Dig Dug, my favorite single game. I don't need my Atari Joystick and NES. Do you want to buy them?

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Yea, i got an atari a while back for $30, it didnt work real well and was all dusty. That weekend my parents brought home an atari with 2 joysticks, 2 paddles, original box, and worked perfectly...they got it for $5.

Posted by Creedence

And he gave the crappy one to me. I still play it. I got all the classics... except the most classicy classic to ever be a classic. Pong. I'm trying to get it before EvilDead does. Just can't seem to find it.

Anyway, I got Asteriods, Mrs. Pacman, Pacman, Pitfall, Warlords<--(Best game ever). Some of them are Evil Deads but he's never getting them back. Anyway, trying to get some more but most of the time when I find Atari games I already have them, don't want them, or there sports games. Why would I buy a football atari game?

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

...hey..dude, Atari is a sport game, lol. the cartrage is accualy called Pong Sports. thats funny.

Posted by radical

Man, I used to play the Atari a lot as a kid.
I remember this retarded-*** game called 'sneak and peek'... it was a multiplayer hide and seek game. You had, like, three rooms to hide in. The person you were playing with had to close their eyes while you hid.