Have you ever played with fire?

Posted by Nickd009

A couple days ago me and my friends were bored. We were in his garage and found a lighter. We at first just lit papertowles in fire in the street. Then we ended up pouring torch lighting fluid in a water bottle with a paper towel sticking out. Then we ran over to the street an lit it on fire. Man did that thing burn! :eek: Thank g0d it didnt blow up...even though it would have been cool. Dude that was soo fun. What have you done with fire before?

Posted by Lord of Spam

More fireworks then I can count, homemade napalm, igniting various powdered metals, etc.

I'm more into chemical stuff now, though. Its less illegal, and can be a LOT cheaper.

Posted by Crazy K

I guess you can say im somewhat of a pyro. I like watching things catch on-fire. Whenever I and my family have bon-fires I tend to be sticking sticks and throwing random stuff into the fire.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Never trust LoS with fire.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I'm actually pretty careful when there is the chance of things or people getting damaged, and I've done it enough to either know what to expcet, or to know to not try it when i dont know what to expect.

Posted by mis0

I've played with fire, common flammible fuels, rocket motors, fireworks, and metal powders, but nothing really "homebrew." My friend blew himself up (he lived, but still) with a homemade explosive, so I have always been very cautious.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I'm not allowed to play with fire any more. Mommy said he was a bad influence.

Posted by Zeta

When I was 3 or 4 I somehow got my hands on a lighter. I set my Barney bedsheets on fire. >=)

Posted by Altinure

Quoting Nickd009: A couple days ago me and my friends were bored. We were in his garage and found a lighter. We at first just lit papertowles in fire in the street. Then we ended up pouring torch lighting fluid in a water bottle with a paper towel sticking out. Then we ran over to the street an lit it on fire. Man did that thing burn! :eek: Thank g0d it didnt blow up...even though it would have been cool. Dude that was soo fun. What have you done with fire before?

well of course it wouldn't explode. it wasn't under pressure.

Posted by Corrupt

Putting it out with water is always fun.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Corrupt: Putting it out with water is always fun.

Use gasoline, it's more entertaining.

Posted by Nickd009

lol yes it is more fun

Posted by PhlyntheKT

Try baking soda...As it covers grease fires and probably gasoline fires...or silicone disulfate(I think) to put out electric fires.

Posted by Linko_16

I never got the appeal of burning stuff. The most fun I ever have with a book of matches is maybe the act of actually lighting one, but I'm not sure why.

Posted by Dexter

I get to play with fires often when working landscaping and burning debris. I also happen to use my fireplace at least twice a week. We made a nice fire on the Oregon coast last weekend. Watching the flames on the shore while our toes are sunk in the sand and the ocean is roaring around us is a delightful experience.

Posted by Brandon Heat

Model Rocket+bottle rockets+M80s=One hell of an explosion.

Posted by Klarth

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5875099357363954756&q=playing+with+fire&pl=true

FIRE IS ****ING FUN. This was at bonfire night, appropriately enough. It was hot.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I used to play with fire when I was camping. I put a soda in it that I shook up and it made a loud pop. Aesosol cans are always a way to mess up. If you spray them near an open flame. I don't suggest trying it although if you do keep the flame about a foot back from the can. Safety first. Also setting oil aflame whilst its floating on water is also dangerous fun.

Posted by Raptor

I get a kick out of lighting candles and incense, because I'm such a wild and crazy pyromaniac. BLOW **** UP, YEAH ANARCHY RULEZ!!!!

Whatever. I vastly prefer ice.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Raptor]Whatever. I vastly prefer ice.

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Posted by blood_will_shatter

me and my friends put towels in gas and light them on fire and sometimes we use alcohol

Posted by poisonblood

One of my favorite thing to do is cover my arm in hair spray and put a match to it.
It dosent really hurt at all and takes about two seconds before you start to feel any heat.
Dont use insect repellent though.When I lit my arm with that stuff It dident go out and I almost really hurt my self. Plus My clothing also caught fire.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting blood_will_shatter: me and my friends put towels in gas and light them on fire and sometimes we use alcohol

That sounds pretty hardcore. Do you break stuff, too? Breaking stuff is fun.

Posted by shep

I'v lit TAG body spray, get a liter and spray it in the flame, it makes a little blue fireball and it sounds cool.

Posted by poisonblood

Tag is expensive hairspray is cheaper.

Ever try making a potato gun?

Get a PVC pipe and one of those cover things that go on the end then get one of those lighters that have the long part that the flame comes out of.
take the lighter apart and remove the ignighter it will be two wires attached to the clicker
when they are put togther they make a spark. Put these at the bottom of the pipe and pour in mabey a table spoon of gasoline then insert your projectile and click the igniter. Should launch your progectile pretty far.

Also this is very dangerous.

Posted by Grom

[quote=poisonblood]Ever try making a potato gun?

gonna try and make one with my friend.

and i try to burn anyhting i get my hands on.

being retarted + a pyro + not ever seeing styrofoam burn + and burning anyhting that i can get my hands on that i have not seen burn or just burning something to burn it= trouble and grounding.

To make a long story short, burned styrofoam in my house, mom was furious, and there was a big mess.

Posted by junior senior

HAHAH I lit an abandoned house that I used to destroy like every day on fire..but it was the carpet. it got extinguished with Axe.

my friend tried covering it with cardboard but he's an idiot. :mad:

Someone lock this, ffs.

Posted by Ch

Fire? Well I used to know a Greek guy who lived in South Boston who ran truckloads of fireworks from Montana, and he would give me a lot every time i asked. So I play with fire and explosives a lot.

When me and my friends go out to central Mass to camp out we make fires that are over ten feet tall and we jump through them. It's fun shat. We throw randrom crap like 35' tires and stuff like that.

Posted by Trigger

Metal powders used to be things that I would tinker with but I stepped away from 'playing with fire' in the literal sense several years ago. Party tricks such as lighting your hand on fire with a flammable chemical isn't as amusing as it used to be. Besides, I prefer to keep my hands as perfect as possible, for as long as possible. The idea of an unforeseen party fire trick going wrong in the future doesn't appeal much to me.

I had a dream about fire last night, though.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Yeah, I played with fire. I used to be a bit of a pyro. But I burnt my shoe(it was a good shoe RIP shoey)and almost birnt my foot. I used to use AXE, or hair spray to make little fires. Or light my jeans on fire.*shakes head*. But I've sinced changed my ways. And only use fire when it's needed. Like on a BBQ!

BTW, if you want some cheap fun. Get some hair spray and empty the WHOLE bottle into your name. Then light it all on fire. It makes a pretty cool picture. You can also make messages if you wanted to!

Posted by Dreadnought

Yeah, I used to. Then I nearly killed everyone in my family when one of my 'toys' got out of control and ignited my surroundings. I have'nt done so in a while.

Posted by ExoXile

Not playing with fire would be stupidity. :D

Posted by mis0

Quoting Killer Jordo: Yeah, I played with fire. I used to be a bit of a pyro. But I burnt my shoe(it was a good shoe RIP shoey)and almost birnt my foot. I used to use AXE, or hair spray to make little fires. Or light my jeans on fire.*shakes head*. But I've sinced changed my ways. And only use fire when it's needed. Like on a BBQ!

BTW, if you want some cheap fun. Get some hair spray and empty the WHOLE bottle into your name. Then light it all on fire. It makes a pretty cool picture. You can also make messages if you wanted to!

This stupid kid at my school used Axe and a Zippo as a flamethrower, and interestingly, the smoke from it still smelled like Axe, just with a car-exhaust finish to it.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I've lit a toy McDonalds on fire in my garage with a bunch of oil we found in there.

I ruined my good shirt putting that inferno out. :(

This thread needs to die. Die, and now.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Kill it with.... fire?:cool:

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Grom: gonna try and make one with my friend.

and i try to burn anyhting i get my hands on.

being retarted + a pyro + not ever seeing styrofoam burn + and burning anyhting that i can get my hands on that i have not seen burn or just burning something to burn it= trouble and grounding.

To make a long story short, burned styrofoam in my house, mom was furious, and there was a big mess.

You're a moron.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting Misoxeny: This stupid kid at my school used Axe and a Zippo as a flamethrower, and interestingly, the smoke from it still smelled like Axe, just with a car-exhaust finish to it.

IF you take a breath right when you light it on fire. Then your nose will get cleared FAST :eek: . And it will feel weird for quite awhile.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Lord of Spam: Kill it with.... swords?:cool:

Aye. :cool2:

Posted by Hasta Flammeus

How about we give sensible posts another try?

I'm not a pyro, I don't burn "shit" for fun, because then I'd have less stuff. However, what I do do is take a 4'5" metal pole (which you can find here http://www.oddballs.co.uk/acatalog/travel_Staffs.html), soak the kevlar ends in parafin, light them on fire and start working through my trick list (if there's anyone else here who's not a pyro and knows what I'm talking about, I'm working on conveyor at the moment, it's a real bitch >_<) and that is fun in a way that lighting towels on fire will never be.

(Someone from the photography soc was there last Monday, so I might have some photos soon too)