Commonly Confused Words

Posted by Klarth

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=14457200288064322170

I scored 100% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 93% Expert. Got me thinking - I'm pretty sure I ****ed up on one and the other was simply American spelling. Anyway, gogogo.

Posted by inequity

57% Beginner, 85% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 53% Expert

So, are those the percent I got correct or wrong?

Posted by Klarth

Correct.

Posted by sabre

Advanced
You scored 85% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 73% Expert!
You have an extremely good understanding of beginner, intermediate, and advanced level commonly confused English words, getting at least 75% of each of these three levels' questions correct. This is an exceptional score. Remember, these are commonly confused English words, which means most people don't use them properly. You got an extremely respectable score.

Thank you so much for taking my test. I hope you enjoyed it!

Ragh ragh ragh.

Posted by Ant

Intermediate
You scored 85% Beginner, 85% Intermediate, 73% Advanced, and 60% Expert!

Eh, it always bothers me when I see answers like "both a and b". :(

Posted by Lord of Spam

English Genius
You scored 85% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 80% Expert!
You did so extremely well, even I can't find a word to describe your excellence! You have the uncommon intelligence necessary to understand things that most people don't. You have an extensive vocabulary, and you're not afraid to use it properly! Way to go!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i are smart

Posted by junior senior

Advanced
You scored 85% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 80% Advanced, and 73% Expert!

But I'm not 18. :(

Posted by mis0

You scored 85% Beginner, 85% Intermediate, 86% Advanced, and 86% Expert!

Weird. :/

Posted by PhlyntheKT

English Genius
You scored 92% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 86% Advanced, and 80% Expert!
You did so extremely well, even I can't find a word to describe your excellence! You have the uncommon intelligence necessary to understand things that most people don't. You have an extensive vocabulary, and you're not afraid to use it properly! Way to go!

For the complete Answer Key, visit my blog: http://shortredhead78.blogspot.com/.

I took it twice and this is the second one...it may have something to do with your time.

Posted by Speedfreak

Ha! I was preparing my "Well I suck at English anyway" post in my head when I got this score:

"You scored 92% Beginner, 92% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 73% Expert!"

I'd get utterly raped on a punctuation test, though. I have hardly any idea how to use semi-colons and apostophes, and I think I use commas wrongly.

Posted by Nickd009

You scored 71% Beginner, 71% Intermediate, 86% Advanced, and 80% Expert! it was harder than ithought it would be.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

You scored 85% Beginner, 92% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 80% Expert!

Go me. And I've got to admit, I was caught out on a few more than I thought. However:

DON'T READ FURTHER IF YOU'RE A TWAT AND DON'T WANT IT SPOILED

Explanations why some answers are wrong, Vol. 1:

Q18. The plural of yolk is yolk.
Q33. The sentence 'to stay a while', requires the preposition 'for' before 'a'. Without it, it should be 'awhile'.
Q35. Taking a prescriptive approach to language, this is correct. However, in modern English, the use of 'whomever' has disappeared entirely; 'whom' is only hanging on by the skin of its teeth.
Q39. Not wrong, but I'd like to be a piant and point out that the phrase is actually 'just deserts' and not 'desserts'.
Q40. The word 'faze' is an Americanisation of 'phase'. In British English, the word remains intact, as in 'she was not phased by his odd appearance'.

EDIT: 'Pis
sant' was censored. :)

Posted by Sable Wind

You scored 92% Beginner, 100% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 93% Expert!

What whaaaaat.

Should have gotten 100% throughout the entire thing, as when I looked over the answers I could have sworn I clicked the correct ones.

Posted by Ant

Wow, you sure do suck.

Posted by Sable Wind

[quote=Ant]Wow, you sure do suck.

Yeah, just like you on a Saturday night.

OMG BURN WHAT NOW :(

Posted by coromoro

Quoted post: You scored 92% Beginner, 92% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 80% Expert!

Cool! :cool: