Metroid 1 or 2?

Posted by firefox280

Some time ago I was going to purchase metroid prime for gc, but was lazy and never did it. my friends said it was a great game, and that i should get it. now that ive finally motivated myself to go out and get it.... theyve already come out with a second... so my question is, which one should i get? 1 or 2. Ive never played either before. which do you reccomend?

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

I'm not the biggest Metroid fan but if you would have to go with one...I think I would choose 2. The single player in 2 is almost exactly like the single player in 1. Same obstacles, and puzzles. But...in 2 they added the multiplayer feature so thats a plus. Just because of that I would recommend the second one. :D

Posted by Klarth

A lot of people dislike 2, apparently. I've personally never played it, but the first was **** good.

Posted by inequity

I hated 2. There was to much switching between light world and dark word and all that bologna. In my opinion, pick 1. I enjoyed myself a lot more with that.

The suits did look nice in MP2 though.

Posted by Ant

Yeah, I bought 2 and never managed to beat it. And as for 1, I played that one fanatically till I did beat. I'm not even sure why I didn't like 2 as much...too complicated I suppose.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Get the first one. I enjoyed them both greatly, but Prime has the unlockable Fusion suit, the original NES Metroid, etc. I enjoyed the first in the series slightly more, and the whole business of light/dark worlds in Echoes was quite a chore. And suitless Samus is fugly.

Posted by Zeta

I prefer Metroid Prime. The environments were better, larger areas. I'd say it was better than MP2 all-around, 'cept for the bosses.

Posted by D.J Cat

Simple, get Prime 1 and if you like that follow it up with Prime 2, so you play it in Chronological order.

Also, I think Prime 1 is a better game for experience, atmosphere and the overall effect it has on you.