dashboard confessional in concert

Posted by Altinure

i just got back from dashboard confessional. i know you all hate dashboard, but ***, it was so good. they came to campus, so students got first dibs at the tickets. this was awesome because it meant there were no high schoolers at this concert, which meant that there were no 14 year old girls. as a result, i got directly front row about ten feet from chris. there was no pushing during the concert. people just stood and sung to the music.

he brought friends to the concert to play with him. one of them was a violinist. his songs sounded so good with accompaniment. he played "ghost of a good thing," "the brilliant dance," "the good fight," "again i go unnoticed" etc. for an encore he brought out everyone and performed "vindicated" and finally "hands down." it was awesome. there were four electric guitarists, one acoustic guitarist, a bassist, drummer, and violinist. "hands down" sounded so amazing. it's by far my favorite dashboard song, and the ending is so powerful.

he was a really good performer. ***, "again i go unnoticed" was so amazing live. i can't believe i hated him when he opened for beck five years ago.

ok, i know i'm just going to get a bunch of "emo sucks" replies, but if any of you are willing to give more than "screaming infidelities" and "vindicated" a chance (since that's probably all any of you have heard), i'd highly recommend checking out "again i go unnoticed," "hands down," "the good fight," or "saints and sailors" if you want to hear some of his other stuff.

sooo good.

Posted by Dexter

I saw them in concert last time I visited Universal Studios. Lots of kids at that show, but it still served some generic fun. I didn't know their music too well but I recognized a few of their songs. I saw Radiohead the same night, only about an hour afterwards.

They are really too normal for me. I can't find anything special or different about them. They don't stand out and I find their songs fairly forgettable.

Posted by Altinure

Really? I think he's a really good lyricist. I think his songs flow really well as well. I think most people likes his lyrics because they're easy to relate to. I think he describes human emotions really well, without being really whiny like a lot of emo.

I seriously find "Hands Down" to have one of the most climactic endings of any song I've ever heard. It's a song about his best day ever.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Altinure: I think he describes human emotions really well

Sounds like the type of music I would like, but I just never felt it. I'll seriously have to listen to the songs you recommended and pay more attention this time. I never expected much from them from the beginning, so I suppose I didn't try too hard to get into them.

I'll get back to this thread once I relisten to them.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I know some people who like them, but I'm not a fan. Still, it's always great when you see a band you dislike and end up enjoying their set. Like when I saw Limp Bizkit. I remember "Nookie" on the radio when I was in eighth grade, and I've never liked the guy, but when he played at the Summer Sanitarium show, it was actually impressive. The music was still bad, but he was really giving it his all. Plus, there were massive flames shooting forth from the stage on a few songs.

Posted by MetalVox~55

I really dislike this band, but the significant other loves 'em.

Posted by Kaise Suratu

I dislike how they sound on their album, but their live album is great. The audiance was singing along to every song
. It was utterly amazing how Dashboard truely gives a breath of fresh air for me, compared to the heavy metal live albums that I own.

Posted by Kamek

I like "Standard Lines". It really explains what I dread will happen with me and a close friend of mine.