'Official' SSBM Tourney Rules?

Posted by Dark Link

Well ok it DOESN'T have to be official rules, but what's the most common rules official tournies use?
I've always wondered cause last friday (At my school's game Night) I had two guys said that the official rules were 3 stocks with a 7:00 min time limit.
While others said it was 5 stock with 10 min time limit!

I Know that some levels are also banned (I think)
I heard Hyrule Temple is banned due to the underground cheapness.
and all moving levels are banned?

Any Pro / Tournament players know the rulings? I wanna start playing by those rules so I can get used to them.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I've only been to one tournament - quite a lot of stages were banned, and the rules were:

[LIST]
[*]Best of three matches.
[*]3 stock.
[*]7 minutes.
[/LIST]

Of the banned stages I can recall:

[LIST]
[*]Hyrule Temple
[*]Pok

Posted by Dark Link

so those two kids WERE right!
Thanks for the info X.
if anyone has the same / similar rulings then I can pretty much tell what's set :D

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Most tournies around here are

- Four stocks
- 8 minutes
- Best of three

As for stages, I guess, I don't feel like getting a list. Rainbow Cruise and PokeFloats are getting unbanned at some tournies for some sort of excitement factor I don't understand. I do know that most matches start with the random set on FD, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Battle, Poke Stadium, and Corneria. Or something similar, and from there, its allowed for the loser of the match to counter pick a character or counter pick a stage, but not both.

Can't say much for team matches though :-x

Posted by ccrocker58

How come in a lot of Tournaments I barely see any wavedashing/L Cancelling/Shuffling?

Posted by andrewg

Maybe cuz you go to noob tourneys?

The ones i go to usually almost everyone can wavedash, and a lot of people are betetr than me.

"Most tournies around here are

- Four stocks
- 8 minutes
- Best of three"

same with tournaments I go to.

oh you're from NY, im from MA

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=andrewg]Maybe cuz you go to noob tourneys?

The ones i go to usually almost everyone can wavedash, and a lot of people are betetr than me.

"Most tournies around here are

- Four stocks
- 8 minutes
- Best of three"

same with tournaments I go to.

oh you're from NY, im from MA

I keep forgetting smashers that live there. Team Ben... or Azen >_>? I know a guy named Maxtacular there <_<.

Similar ruleset there? Or is this just an east coast thing with this rule set... including "Daves stupid rule"?

Posted by andrewg

i know team Azen, they are good....

not sure... does Dave's stupid rule always apply at most tourneys you go to, i think the ones i've been to it is used.