Condemned Criminal Origins is out for PC! Here's the demo

Posted by war_criminal

This game is so tight. Scary as hell, great story, great graphics, and if you're like me and wish you could grab random crap outta the environment and use it as a weapon then this game is yr wet dream come true. I beat people with a locker door. And a rusty pipe. And a fire extinguisher. And a flashlight... I can't post links but demo is at "condemnedgame.com"

Posted by Atomicgames

It's not bad. I quite like running around and beating on things with a signpost, though it's nice to be able to tazer them first so they don't kill you before you get to them. (and so they stand still once you do).

The premise, though.. 'I'm in law enforcement and I don't know how to keep my gun from being mislaid'...

Good gameplay, a bit too short, decent execution.

Posted by Psy

man for the 360 this game was awesome i mean the game was dark and sorta of freaky when you heard glass break or footsteps, the graphics are good and just taking a papercutter to some guys head never gets old, the only problem is that its too short and easy, i completed it in 10 hours and i was done with it, but its worth the money, if you have 360 just get it for that, but if you have a pc you going to have to upgrade it

Posted by Atomicgames

the AI's silliness sometimes makes it too easy, but I agree - playing it in the dark makes it an entirely different experience. I also use headphones, so being able to hear where people are stepping when they're trying to sneak also makes it really immersive.

Posted by Psy

i need to try that now since atomicgames brought that up cause i usually sit with in the lights with no sound, plus when you get attack i bet it would be awesome to here it through the headphones

Posted by Atomicgames

..Not quite 'awesome', as it's not a different sound, just more realistic, and gives you an idea of where the enemy is. Some people do fine without it, but I personally like headphones.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Psy]but if you have a pc you going to have to upgrade it

Not at all. My friend's using last generation's budget card 9600 Pro from ATI and runs it just fine. This game is far less graphically intense as most other games out there for the PC right now. Upgrading just for this game would be a waste.

Posted by Atomicgames

I'll agree with that last stament - i had no trouble running it on a computer I bought a full year ago.