Jump Superstars Console Version

Posted by Alastor

I'm not sure if the game was ever ported, but there's a Japanese DS game called Jump Superstars, which is pretty much a fighter with a variety of anime characters from the Shonen Jump mangas thrown in. Among these are Dragonball Z, Naruto, One Piece, Bo-Bo-Bo Bo Bo-Bo-Bo, and so on. There is now a console version being released for the GameCube and the PS2, apparently.

http://img11.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc137&image=95265_1.jpg

Something is also mentioned there about the GBA and PSP, but I haven't a clue what to make of that.

Posted by Klarth

Naruto and DBZ.

Any good franchises featured in this?

Posted by Alastor

If there's anything that you like in Shonen Jump, then sure.

If there's nothing that you like in Shonen Jump, then hell no.

Posted by Linko_16

I can't pretend I'm not going to want to try this, but I cringe at the thought of what I'll hear from anime fanboys busy ****ing themselves.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Hmm. Hopefully it'll be better than Konami/Hudson/Takara's World Fighters. What a miserable waste of $50 that was.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Klarth]Naruto and DBZ.

Any good franchises featured in this?

Not liking things that are popular makes you COOOOOOOOL!

Posted by Klarth

Sorry, I guess I should pretend to watch both just so I don't get accused of being an anti-bandwagon bandwagonner. Oh dear.

Edit: Deathnote and Rurouni Kenshin. One character from each. *******it, why can't Namco do a game like this?

Posted by Zeta

Has a mech fighting game like this ever been made? Like, Gundam vs. Big O vs. Gigantor vs. Evangalion, or something?

Posted by Klarth

Yes, actually. Give it a minute and I'll try and remember what it's called.

edit: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars]Found it.[/url] Not fighting, but still.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Klarth]Sorry, I guess I should pretend to watch both just so I don't get accused of being an anti-bandwagon bandwagonner. Oh dear.

Edit: Deathnote and Rurouni Kenshin. One character from each. *******it, why can't Namco do a game like this?

I bet you watch Full Metal Alchemist, like a fag.

Posted by Ant

I KNOW I DON'T!

Posted by NightmareBassX

Looks interesting. I was going to import the DS version, but I might reconsider waiting for the console edition. Even if you don't like Shonen jump, The game itself is appealing. The gameplay is similar to SSBM. Pretty much the same way, actually.

Speedfreak : You just hate things that people like, huh? ;)

[Quote=Ant]I KNOW I DON'T!
Oh wow! Your avatar sure looks like a character in FMA! Wonder where you got it.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Speedfreak: I bet you watch Full Metal Alchemist, like a fag.

I hate FMA. :)

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Klarth: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars]Found it.[/url] Not fighting, but still.

Didn't see Gigantor/Tetsujin 28-gō on the list of series that have been in it, therefore it fails.

Posted by Klarth

Heh, seeing as how it's meant to be a serious series and Gigantor looks like Chill Penguin, I can't say I'm surprised. :p

Posted by Zeta

But... he was the first mecha ever. They have to include him!

[quote] Gigantor looks like Chill Penguin

lol, rep.

Posted by Klarth

Needs more Evil Ambassador.