How to get a refund on a video game.

Posted by Klarth

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/bi/confessions/archives/008833.asp

****ing FANTASTIC idea. No clue how I hadn't thought of this one before.

Time to return my eons-old copy of Pokemon Ruby... Receipts don't run out, do they?

edit: *******it I did it again. Move to General Gaming please. :(

Posted by Speedfreak

They'll probably ask you to prove a bug exists.

Posted by Lord of Spam

If there was a bug worth returning the game, though, then it shouldnt be a problem. The only time that you have a problem is when you ARE trying to cheat the system.

Posted by Klarth

Fact is, in the case of Blazing Angels there's apparently a pretty huge bug in multiple copies - It's Gran Turismo 2 all over again, the developer released an unfinished build of the game to the public.

Posted by Moogs

My friend, Scott, has tried this before; however, they never gave in. Though, there wasn't a defect. Hejust thought the game was a peice of complete ****(aka Untold Legend).

Posted by Axis

My Gamestop has a policy where you can play the game and if you don't like, you can return it no questions asked. It only lasts one week, though.

Posted by Kestryl

I don't know whether to agree with that or not. Yes, if there is a bug, you should have the right to get your money back. But the point is is that, sadly, not everyone is honest.
Returning a game just 'cause it sucks... I don't know if that should be the standard. You could really have loved the game and still return it. If you ever wanted to play again, just "Buy" it again, then return it. How would the video game industry make any money to make new and better games and systems, I wonder?

Posted by Speedfreak

Wait a bloody second, in England you can return games no questions asked within 10 days of purchase, provided you have a receipt. And yes, you can have played it first, so theoretically it means free 10 day rentals. No one does it, though!

Posted by NightmareBassX

This thread reminds me of how I got my gamecube...

What happened was : When the gamecube first came out, it sold out in my gamestop, EB games, and K mart. And like a dummy, my mom bought me store credit (gift cards) because she thought it would make a better gift then regular money would for my birthday, although I didn't think so. What happened was, we'd have to wait around 1-2 months for me to actually get a Gamecube because of reservations or something, so I really couldn't get my GC at the time I wanted. What we did though, was buy 4 gamecube games, 2 being Pikman and Luigi's mansion (I think) and we came back the next day, and refunded our money. We didn't get store credit, but real money instead being that it was a refund. After that, we then went to the Kb toys not to far away in the mall from Gamestop, and bought a Gamecube. It worked out rather nice being that I got SSBM with it. We got $150 dollars back though, because now that I think of it, one of those 4 games was SSBM, and we kept that one out of the 4. We basically cheated Gamestops store credit system.

I beleive i've done it a couple times since then. Man, was that a good day... To play SSBM. Too bad it was on a sunday... :(

Posted by PhlyntheKT

Will we be able to return downloaded games for the future systems?

Posted by Kestryl

Speedfreak- Not to undermind you or anything, but are you sure NO ONE does it? You would think someone, somewhere would.
It's hard to admit, but I believe some people would take advantage of this policy.
Then again, this isn't England where I come from. (Wish it was...)

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I do when the games don't work but other than that no.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Axis: My Gamestop has a policy where you can play the game and if you don't like, you can return it no questions asked. It only lasts one week, though.

Do you mean used? Or new? Or both? Because the Gamestop down here does that for used games.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I see that I'm not the only person that reads Digg.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Roger Smith: Do you mean used? Or new? Or both? Because the Gamestop down here does that for used games.

Both new and used.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Kestryl]Speedfreak- Not to undermind you or anything, but are you sure NO ONE does it? You would think someone, somewhere would.
It's hard to admit, but I believe some people would take advantage of this policy.
Then again, this isn't England where I come from. (Wish it was...)

It's not really British to abuse the system like that. Chavs are too stupid to figure it out and everyone else can't be bothered. They'd probably catch on to you anyway.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: I see that I'm not the only person that reads Digg.

That's a good thing :cool2:

Posted by Keael

Quoting Axis: My Gamestop has a policy where you can play the game and if you don't like, you can return it no questions asked. It only lasts one week, though.

Same here, but for me it's EBgames and it's two weeks.

Posted by Moogs

Nintendo Wii board? lol

Doesn't seem as if this belongs here.

Posted by GameMiestro

So, what if you downloaded a game onto an blank cartridge, put a sticker on it, and got a refund as if it was the real thing?

Posted by powdahskiah

that is bull, you bought it, so deal with it!!

Posted by powdahskiah

you know what im sayin?

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Why is it so hard to understand the EDIT button?