Increase Character Limit for Specially Long Dexter PMs!

Posted by Dexter

Quoted post: The text that you have entered is too long (12029 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long.

This isn't the first time this has happened to me and I'm sure there is someone else out there who has a lot to say about certain subjects that has ran into this terrible problem before. It might not be that needed, but I'm sure it isn't too difficult to increase the character limit in PMs. What would you have to do, simply change the number in that particular area?

Who else wants a 12029 characters long message about what I think about you? :cool:

Posted by Stalolin

Just send two PMs.

Posted by Dexter

It's easier for Jesse to change the character limit number and I don't like having intermissions or time-outs or find out that the member has reached their PM limit after half of what I have to say to them has been received. What if the first half is the bad half and they never experience the transition into the good stuff and therefor become sad? Like many movies, you have to leave them feeling good, and depending on how bad the PM was, it might take a lot of characters to build them back up and help them see the bright side. Your suggestion can destroy beautiful relationships and cause emotional turbulence or, in rare and true cases, cause extreme hatred or even suicide. Can't you feel the severity of this simple idea?

Posted by Stalolin

Just send two PMs.

And send me a PM about what you think of me.

It better have both positive and negative comments.

Posted by Ant

Yeah, I would like one as well. :)

Posted by Jesse Smith

Changed to 15K. Now, send me a 10K PM telling me how annoying I am and how much you wish I could be de-admined and you take over!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Dexter

If you want that, Jesse, you better increase it to 20K.

Did you happen to get my phone message today, by the way?

Yes, 20K is a good idea. And clear Sabredog's PMs for him.

Posted by NES Queen

why not just ask for their regular email address which would most likely have a significantly higher limit than here. or if its such a sensitive/important message, just call them on the phone. things of that nature are better handled in a more personal manner anyway.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Dexter]Who else wants a 12029 characters long message about what I think about you? :cool:
OH OH DO ME!

Jesse never listens to any of my suggestions. 175 x 175 avatars, pls.

Posted by sabre

Cleared.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting NES Queen: why not just ask for their regular email address which would most likely have a significantly higher limit than here. or if its such a sensitive/important message, just call them on the phone. things of that nature are better handled in a more personal manner anyway.

The moment isn't always there and when it is they are not always available to hear it on the phone. Asking and waiting for their email address takes time and the fleeting moment may be lost forever in the process. Also, you'd be surprised how many people check VGC more often than their email accounts. And not all these over the character limit PMs are meant to be so personal and so serious. They are often casual PMs, such as sending a really long AIM conversation to just going off on some major tangents. Increasing the character limit is simple and it will make things easier for those of us who have a lot to say. Don't fight it, embrace it.

[CENTER]:cookie:[/CENTER]

Posted by sabre

er, was there any reason you wanted my inbox cleared?

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Ant: Yeah, I would like one as well. :)

Same here.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Sabredog: er, was there any reason you wanted my inbox cleared?

So I could send you messages, of course. I've tried several times and failed miserably thinking that it would be cleared. Also, you're a super mod and you should be available to help newbies when they come to you. It's part of your responsibility. I'm not the only one who wanted you to clear your inbox either.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Dexter: Did you happen to get my phone message today, by the way?

I hardly ever get answering machine messages!!! er u got to be nuts to want to talk to an annoying messed up wacko!!!

Quoting Klarth: 175 x 175 avatars, pls.

As a wise man once said...Jesse never listens to any of my suggestions. :D:D:D:D

Posted by Dog

the size of the avys are okay, even though it would be better if you could make'm bigger. I hate how many images don't work as avys :grrr:

Posted by sabre

Quoting Ant: Yeah, I would like one as well. :)

Add me to the list too.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Dexter: Who else wants a 12029 characters long message about what I think about you? :cool:

Hahaha, I doubt you could get that much on me. I don't stand out too much.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Dexter: Did you happen to get my phone message today, by the way?

ugggg!!!! Exkuze me!!!! Da wacko doesn't go out and party!!!! Hiz definition of party iz living in front of an iMac!!!! grrrrr!!!!!!

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Sabredog: Add me to the list too.

Dex is gonna be busy if he actually does all these.

But I also want one:D

Posted by Dexter

Quoted post: The text that you have entered is too long (16687 characters). Please shorten it to 15000 characters long.

:(

Posted by Raptor

If there is one thing I've learned over time, it's to be concise. Web users spend a hell of a lot more time browsing than reading.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er how long does it take for you to write a PM that big??!!!! u sure you arn't just copying a 16K FAQ in to PM!!! :D

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Dexter: Who else wants a 12029 characters long message about what I think about you? :cool:

Me?

Posted by GameMiestro

We need to make room for these special brand Dexter PM's- far superior to any of your pathetic normal messages.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I want the character limit to be set to five thousand so then I could be sent 3 PMs about what you think about me.:)

Posted by Raptor

Be concise.

Posted by Skitzo Control

It's really hard to be concise when talking about a person. People are far too idiosyncratic to summarize in just a few sentences.

Posted by higbvuyb

No, Raptor can be summarised in one word: Furry.