Fabulous Naps

Posted by Dexter

I am starting to become a regular nap taker. I never thought I would be able to handle taking naps in the middle of the day for it really didn't seem possible with all the activities that I usually have going on. It is still difficult to get the opportunity to take a nap, but when I have time, I certainly take it. Even if it is only for 40 minutes, I'll do my best to nap. It isn't difficult for me to fall asleep, either, since I stay up so late and often work myself hard. I won't even feel tired when I lay down for a nap, but I still fall asleep easily in about 7 minutes and don't wake up until my cell phone alarm goes off. I usually set the time for naps to an hour, unless I am low on time, then I go down a bit. I'm not at the point where I'd need more than an hour nap yet, but if things start to keep me up later and waking up earlier, then I may have to up it a bit.

Naps really increase my energy and I can take experiences in and be in the moment easier after a nap, making the second half of my day more productive and generally more fun for me. Also, I have been having some of the most amazing, uplifting dreams during naptime. I'm starting to reach the point where taking naps will become a regular part of my life, at least until I have more time to sleep at night. I don't think I have had a full 8 hours of sleep at night for at least 2 months.

Posted by Sable Wind

I love naps. However, I tend to fall asleep too long and have a headache or just generally feel nasty afterwards for a little while.

Posted by Xenos

I can never nap for some strange reason ... everytime I do, I get a really bad headache. My parents/siblings use to sleep in long distance driving trips, but I always stayed awake. In fact, I can only remember napping three times in my whole life ... and that was when I was sick and another time when I went to LA and I was so tired.

Posted by Dexter

I adore the feeling I have when I wake up. I feel great physically and emotionally. It really is an magnificent experience.

Although the time when I first get into bed for a nap or any type of sleeping in general has been making me really sad lately. I keep associating it with sad, yearning thoughts and it makes me all emotional and needy. I think I might like that feeling though. It makes me feel weak and dependent and so incredibly fragile, which is something I haven't experienced much in my life.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I"m the exact opposite. For me, I generally wake up from naps feeling angry and grumpy. The only times I enjoy napping are if its with someone, or after a particularly good (i.e. big) meal.

Posted by brownoystercult

Too much life to live to take a nap!

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I used to nap all of the time and I also started again just today after walking a long way...

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Roinkz: Too much life to live to take a nap!

Sleeping and dreaming is one of the best things about life. Imagine if we didn't sleep and how sucky and robotic we would feel? Think of the amazing things enough sleep brings into our lives. When you are more awake, you will usually gather more information around you and it will process better. You will usually remember things more clearly if you are awake.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

That why I'm going to try it more [to remember] thanks for that bit of helpful info...

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I don't take naps often, as time generally doesn't permit that. Although when I do take a nap, I feel a bit better afterwards. Extremely tired, but with energy. I think I need to nap more often.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Dexter]Sleeping and dreaming is one of the best things about life. Imagine if we didn't sleep and how sucky and robotic we would feel? Think of the amazing things enough sleep brings into our lives. When you are more awake, you will usually gather more information around you and it will process better. You will usually remember things more clearly if you are awake.

CORPORATE AMERICA DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO NOT FEEL LIKE A ROBOT

BEEP BEEP I WILL SERVE WAL-MART INTERESTS

Posted by JonMB

I'll take a nap if I'm feeling tired. But normally, a nap is something I'd only do with someone else.