Kingdom Hearts 2 or ATTACK OF THE CAMEOS

Posted by Lord of Spam

A lot of talk has been going around amongst various people about Kingdom Hearts 2 use of numerous amounts of cameos (brief encounters with characters from other things). Dont get me wrong; if its a great game on its own, why bother flooding it with characters from past franchises? It seems to me that if Disney thought that this would be a legitametly succesful enterprise, they should seize the chance to introduyce new characters instead of just rehashing old ones. This would imply that Kingdom Hearts 2 is more of a trip to the licensed characters vault in order to make money more than it is an original, fresh game.

So what do you think? Do you think that the game is fine like it is? Think it should have less cameos and more originality? Do you think that it would sell as well if they kept the same basic story line and made a new roster of characters?

Sound off.

Posted by Xenos

I don't mind the cameos too much, but it would be nice to see some more Final Fantasy characters or maybe a FF world. It would be quite cool to be able to play in FFVI's Vector with 3d graphics, or Lindblum.

Posted by Zeta

Less Disney cameos, more from earlier FF games. Though I do not want the awesomeness of Kefka to be tainted by a KH version of him.

Posted by Xenos

Hah, I saw a picture of Setzer ... looked more like a younger Sephiroth. Does he talk at all? What does he sound like?

Posted by Zeta

I am appauled by his new appearance.

I vote Gogo be in the next game. Sora and everyone could get whupped by AWESOME MIME POWERZ!

Posted by Roxas

i dont mind having disney cameos...what i do mind is that goofy and donald follow you around! but what really ticks me off is that they have POOH cameos..WTF??????? and sora likes him! makes sora so much less cool

Posted by Xenos

[IMG]http://www.ffindonesiaonline.com/image/brt/00153.jpg[/IMG]

=/=

[IMG]http://fanlists.hoshichan.com/setzer/extra/setzer3.jpg[/IMG]

Though I doubt they'll use that many early FF characters ... I -think- it's because they are not Nomura's, but Amano's.

Posted by Zeta

I always loved Amano's artwork.

[quote=Roxas]they have POOH cameos..WTF??????? and sora likes him! makes sora so much less cool
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/

Posted by Xenos

Eh, I thought the Pooh chapter was charming.

Posted by Zeta

KH needs more Robin Hood 'n' Little John, walking throught the forest.

Ooh-da-lolly, oo-dah-lolly.

Posted by Roxas

Quoting Xenos: Eh, I thought the Pooh chapter was charming.

OH yes, very charming. right

Posted by Xaldin

I hate to say it, considering I love FF games, but I really do like the Disney aspect... In a way It brings me back to my childhood when thats all I cared about. So in other words: Kingdom Hearts is like my childhood with super cool weapons, characters and fighting all in one...

Though some of the worlds (*COUGH, 100 Acre-Wood*) were kinda boring and childish I still enjoyed everything else including the annoying Little Mermaid world...

Plus, without all that stuff the game wouldnt be the way it is... If it was all FF-like it would be Final Fantasy XII or something. And, without the FF parts it would just be another disney game...

Posted by Silver Dragon

i hope in kh3 there will be like no disney at all, and what disney will they use now neways?

Posted by Zeta

There's still Robin Hood, the Aristocats, Darkwing Duck, etc.

***, they need to bring Darkwing Duck back.

Posted by secret_arcanum

yeah..and i'm thinking hunchback of notre dame

uhh,what about that thing with the looooooong tail...marsoopilami..i think?

Posted by Xaldin

I'm sorry for what I'm about to do...
But my girlfriend thinks its kinda sexy in a way that I still watch disney movies... lol

Well anyway I think that these Disney worlds should be added to KH3:

Treasure Island,
Finding Nemo,
Toy Story,
Monster Inc.,
Robin Hood,
Chicken Little,
A bugs life...

I can't really think of anymore... but I really think those are good enough to be in it.

Posted by Silver Dragon

sword in the stone would be good, since it is where merlin is from

Posted by Xenos

Quoting Xaldin: I'm sorry for what I'm about to do...
But my girlfriend thinks its kinda sexy in a way that I still watch disney movies... lol

Well anyway I think that these Disney worlds should be added to KH3:

Treasure Island,
Finding Nemo,
Toy Story,
Monster Inc.,
Robin Hood,
Chicken Little,
A bugs life...

I can't really think of anymore... but I really think those are good enough to be in it.

Are or aren't?

I dunno ... I think that is where I draw the line for the Disney Cameos. I wasn't really approving of Chicken Little's appearance in KH anyways. I perfer the classic stuff.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Zeta]I vote Gogo be in the next game. Sora and everyone could get whupped by AWESOME MIME POWERZ!
It'd be a lot better if he suddenly whipped off his mask and revealed himself to be Adlai Stevenson. THAT would kick so much *** that I would jizz on the disc.

Cameos that'd make me happy:

Kain from FFIV
Cecil from FFIV
Golbez from FFIV
Exdeath from FFV
Bloody Mary from Terranigma
Riesz from Seiken Densetsu III

As for Disney cameos, I guess more Tron wouldn't hurt. Robin Hood and Sword In The Stone would also please me.

Also, I'm aware that Valkyrie Profile and the Gaia series were originally Enix franchises - Maybe now that the two have merged there'd be a chance...

Posted by Xaldin

Why hasn't disney put in any of their CG animated characters into the game... other that chicken little?

I would think that since their more popular more kids would buy the game as well... And at the same time with all the final fantasy stuff in it, it would still keep it's fans, right?

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Xaldin]Why hasn't disney put in any of their CG animated characters into the game...
Chicken Little was the first solo Disney CGI film. I believe Pixar holds the copyright for everything prior.

Posted by deathdealah

if you want to c more final fantasy charactors play final fantasy but this is a disney game rememebr

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

It's SquareEnix/Disney. Get it right.

I'm still awaiting the arrival of Gargoyles characters.

Posted by nick25

They will probably add the new worlds they have jsut put in, like The Land of Dragons, Port Royal, Pride Lands ect....

Posted by Demotion

/

Posted by Demotion

/cghjc