Help! How do I get custom colors on AIM to start working?

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Basically, it comes with a predefined set of gray shades, and I can't edit them. How do I make it so the "Define custom colors" box isn't grayed out and I can actually edit them?

Posted by Raptor

Apparently, there is no way to manually adjust any settings on the current version of AIM to enable it to use custom colours. The only way I know of to resolve this problem is to download [url=http://www.softaward.com/download5083.html]Palfun[/url], which will allow you to select custom colours, as well as change the appearance of the AIM console a bit. You may find it worthwhile.

I hope this helps.

Posted by Klarth

someone taught me how to do something that'll do pretty much do what you want-- go into the aim program file directory and there'll be a file that contains your current colour codes in use-- edit this in notepad to replace it with your desired colours. Sorry for the vague expl., but I hope this helps.

Posted by sabre

My AIM -> Save Buddy List and deselect all except "Text Composition and Viewing Settings." Save it, and open the file in notepad. Screw with the colour codes until you get a combo you like, and then Load Buddy List (again from the My AIM menu). You should now have the font; if you don't, sign out and then back in.