Control Style Woes....

Posted by DownWithPants

The early console shooters started out fine. on the 64 you could customize first-person shooter controls, both in Bond and perfect dark. Some of us are left handed or simply found it more effecient to look around with the thumbstick rather than those ****ty little yellow arrows (we never allowed auto-aim/ aim assist). I got really used to my "south-paw control style for FPS's, and it wasn't a problem till now. Most of the new ghames on any of the X-box,PS2, or gamecube would not allow for control cutomization, which has resulted in me not playing alot of good games. Is it really that hard to program? Halo allowed it, as did time-splitters, all the early medal of honours, half-life 2. Why are some developers so inconsiderate, they started us off with these options N64 era, so as technology gets better and games and systems can handle more why are they taking the "dressed-down" approach? Better capabilities should translate to more options not less!

Posted by Zeta

I'm a lefty, and I don't have any problem using the controls the FPS games give. =/

Posted by GameMiestro

There are controllers that you can customize seperately, for example, if you press "left", it would make the game think you press "right", or whatever.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quite a few games still allow for south-paw. And if they don't, you shouldn't be left-handed anyways.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

The olnly FPS games I've ever messed with the controls with were for the computer.
And besides, the game companies are realizing that left hand people don't count. :)

Posted by DownWithPants

I am not left handed, I just learnt the other way and find it to be more effecient. My brother says I should just learn the other way but games should be FUN, re-learning a control style willbe stressful and a waste of time. Games I have missed to name a few: Far Cry, Medal of Honour(newest one), Call of Duty Big Red One, Battlefield 2. Add to this that I rented these and had to drive back to the video store each time as there is no where to check to see if they support multiple control, intruction manulas do not for some reason, again incompetence on the part of large manufacturers. Kudos to games that did support such as Rebel Commando, Half-Life 2, Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood. Anyways I have retired my Xbox playing except for star wars battlefront, **** you consoles.....I have just bought a PC and it is way better, never again will I have to suffer from the lack of insight of cheap developers.