Battle Network has hit a new low...

Posted by CS Ryan

News on the Mega Man sites have confirmed this. For BN6, AquaMan's name is being changed to SpoutMan, the name from the anime. This shows how stupid "CRAPCOM" can really be!!

Also, KillerMan's name is being changed to EraseMan, wich is stipid but typical because they don't want to be talking about a mass murderer Navi in a kids' game.

Posted by Zeta

DeleteMan would have been better.

CAUSE YKNOW YA DELETE THINGS IN BATTLE NETWORK LOLZ!

Posted by CS Ryan

I can see why they changed AquaMan's name to SpoutMan. EXE4-6's art style looks like the show. But why'd they change it? I thought the show was cancelled.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting somewhat117: But why'd they change it?

So D.C. comics doesn't sue them for using the name AquaMan.

Posted by CS Ryan

Then why didn't they change it for MegaMan 8?

Posted by Zeta

I... don't know. =/

Posted by Minesweeper

*debates playing through the Japanese version, but remembers she can't read Japanese and pouts* T__T

Posted by Zeta

*Realizes he has a small one-up on Minesweeper*
O namae wa?:cool:

Posted by Minesweeper

Nani? O_o; Something about a name?

And that's not techically written in Japanese, y'know - that's romaji. The Japanese written language is made of symbols and read right to left. >.>;

Say, you wouldn't happen to have any links to a translator that works with romaji, would you? The best I could find was [url=http://www.freedict.com/onldict/jap.html]this[/url]. <.<; Works for words, but not sentences.

Posted by Stalolin

So wait, in the anime he's SpoutMan? And therefore changing his name to that in the game would cause less confusion to small children playing the Battle Network games and watching the TV show?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Stalolin: So wait, in the anime he's SpoutMan? And therefore changing his name to that in the game would cause less confusion to small children playing the Battle Network games and watching the TV show?

Sup lawsuit.

[IMG]http://gorobotgo.com/aquaman.jpg[/IMG]

That's AquaMan, the DC Comics superhero - formerly of the Justice League. Although the Mega Man character 'AquaMan' appeared to slip under the rader during the NES/SNES generation, now that Battle Network has an animé, it's likely DC's lawyers would pick up on the breach of copyright.

Hence SpoutMan.

:cool:

Posted by CS Ryan

AquaMan was in the PS1/Saturn generation.

Posted by Alastor

AquaMan.EXE isn't completely identical to AquaMan, so... yeah. :cool:

Not like it matters. The anime raped nearly all of the names anyways. I mean, HeavymetalMan? Come on.

Quoting Zeta: O namae wa?:cool:

Way to steal a lyric from the ending of the Tales of Phantasia anime.

I think. :cool:

Posted by Zeta

Did they even change WoodMan's name? Cause y'know... wood?
*Immature giggle*

Posted by Alastor

Not that I know of. I could only manage to sit through so many episodes of the dub. I'm not big on downloading any anime online unless I really like it. Didn't care nearly as much for the EXE anime as I did the games, and I've kinda lost interest in them. Haven't picked any of them up since I got EXE 4, and I haven't even bought 3 or 5. So... yeah.

Far as I know, though, WoodMan's name remained unchanged. Alot of names were changed though, namely the fire Navis if I remember correctly. Hell, even FireMan was changed. They were changed for lipsyncing issues, I think, which only proves to me that they didn't put alot of effort into dubbing it.

Posted by CS Ryan

Name changes:
AquaMan-SpoutMan
MetalMan-HeavyMetalMan
FireMan-TorchMan
BombMan-BlasterMan
Gospel-Grave
Mayl-Maylu
WindMan-WindBlastMan?

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=The X]Sup lawsuit.

[IMG]http://gorobotgo.com/aquaman.jpg[/IMG]

That's AquaMan, the DC Comics superhero - formerly of the Justice League. Although the Mega Man character 'AquaMan' appeared to slip under the rader during the NES/SNES generation, now that Battle Network has an anim

Posted by Zeta

DON'T FORGET NAPALMMAN -> MOLTANICMAN! HE MOLTS NOW! LIKE A BIRD!

Quoting Alastor: Way to steal a lyric from the ending of the Tales of Phantasia anime.

I think. :cool:

I've never bothered to watch the ending of the anime. :P 'O namae wa' is basically asking someone what their name is.

Posted by gundelhell_wielder

[COLOR="Black"]This is just getting from bad to worse.
At least I never watched those MM anime.

Why did they change metalman to heavymetalman?[/COLOR]

Quoted post: DON'T FORGET NAPALMMAN -> MOLTANICMAN! HE MOLTS NOW! LIKE A BIRD!

[COLOR="Black"]Oh g[COLOR="Black"]o[/COLOR]d...[/COLOR]

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=gundelhell_wielder][COLOR=Black]This is just getting from bad to worse.
At least I never watched those MM anime.

Why did they change metalman to heavymetalman?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Black]Oh g[COLOR=Black]o[/COLOR]d...[/COLOR]

Because they're retarded and need to play more Zone of the Enders.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Stalolin: Zone of the Enders.

Why do I always confuse this title with E.V.O.: The Search for Eden?

They aren't similar at all!

Posted by gundelhell_wielder

Quoted post: Because they're retarded and need to play more Zone of the Enders.

[COLOR="Black"]Yes they do, but then they will start changing the names from every character in MM to names from ZOE.

Megaman = Jehuty[/COLOR]

Posted by Zeta

Hell, they need to make a series where all the Robot Masters 'n' stuff are mechs.

CutMan mech, ftw.

Posted by CS Ryan

I forgot.

ColorMan-WackoMan
BeastMan-SavageMan

Just so you know, I never knew about NapalmMan's stupid name. The channel I watched MegaMan on got as far as ProtoMan going evil.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

MegamanMechaCruisers sounds cool for that series...or maybe the revenge of the robot masters mech edition.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting somewhat117: Name changes:
AquaMan-SpoutMan
MetalMan-HeavyMetalMan
FireMan-TorchMan
BombMan-BlasterMan
Gospel-Grave
Mayl-Maylu
WindMan-WindBlastMan?

Of all of those, the only one I can only really understand is Maylu, but even if they had left it Mayl, it wouldn't have been that big of a lipsync problem. I don't know what to think about the whole thing, though. I mean, what's worse? Having the characters you know and love have their names bastardized because of a lazy dub crew, or having those characters keep their names and the dub look even worse than it already does?

I'm almost tempted to pick the first option. Reason for that is pretty obvious. If you've ever sit through five minutes of the Beyblade dub, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Posted by Red

Quoting Zeta:
CutMan mech, ftw.

**** YEAH!!!! That'd be ammazing.

B.T.W- nice avi haha I can't stop laughin at it :)

Posted by Zeta

And Stal is responsible for the Goofy avatar.

Posted by Red

haha way to go Stal

and nice CutMech, Z

Posted by protomanv4

Quoting somewhat117: "CRAPCOM"

LOL that's is so funny. I know this is not the best place to ask this question but from where u live do u have megaman on like the series after axcess ?

Posted by CS Ryan

I'm in Canada. And Kids WB got more episodes than the channel I used to watch it on here.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Alastor: Of all of those, the only one I can only really understand is Maylu, but even if they had left it Mayl, it wouldn't have been that big of a lipsync problem. I don't know what to think about the whole thing, though. I mean, what's worse? Having the characters you know and love have their names bastardized because of a lazy dub crew, or having those characters keep their names and the dub look even worse than it already does?

Pronounced with japanese phonetics, Mayl comes off as "Maylu" just because their language doesn't really tolerate that kind of consonant ending. The name was probably changed to sound in English like it does in Japanese, just so that the dubbing would look right - two syllables instead of one.

Not that I like any of the name changes, either. An anime will always ruin a game (y halo thar Pokemon, Sonic and Kirby).

Posted by megaman91

tis true. T.V. shows'll kill anything that's from a video game, i think that T.V. producers should have learned that by now. And personally i think Sonic was the worst out of them all, wait, scratch that, the Mario Bros. t.v. show and movie stunk even more.

Posted by Roxas23857

Haha wow that takes me back...the mario bros. movie wow. But they should like have to wait and play like 4 games till they make a tv show and make it close to the game not just keep going and do random stupid stuff.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting megaman91: the Mario Bros. t.v. show and movie stunk even more.

The Super Mario Brothers Super Show owns you face. Especially since people still remembered that it was a game first.

Posted by Linko_16

[quote=Gregaman91]Remember sonic and kirby? they started out as games too and people still remembered it was a game too
[COLOR=indigo]No, they didn't. Now the games for both Sonic and Kirby have been changed to match the themes and characterizations that the television shows create.

[COLOR=White]edit! Marx didn't create Communism so you could double post. >( - Stalolin[/COLOR]

EDIT - His rep comment was as good as a post.
[/COLOR]

Posted by ProtomanV2

You left out these.

Coldman - Fridgeman
Needleman - Spikeman
Burnman - Burnerman
Plantman - Vineman

Posted by CS Ryan

BurnMan and BurnerMan are the same thing just not enough space in the translation for BN4. I'm pretty sure I told you this before. In real life.

Posted by lanzer

Quoting somewhat117: Name changes:
AquaMan-SpoutMan
MetalMan-HeavyMetalMan
FireMan-TorchMan
BombMan-BlasterMan
Gospel-Grave
Mayl-Maylu
WindMan-WindBlastMan?

dont forget bass-base!
anyways point is its a licence issue someone took it first so they had to change it otherwise they would have to pay something called royalites for everytime the name is used. get used to it it happens alot!

Posted by CS Ryan

Bass has always been pronounced like the instrument! Where the heck do you get your information from!

Posted by Zeta

MegaMan 8 opening scene. XD

Posted by Red

Quoting Mao Zeta: MegaMan 8 opening scene. XD

LOL that's what I always believed in.

Posted by Linko_16

I didn't even play that game until a couple of years ago, I took a lot of music classes when I was younger, and my specialty in band was the bass drum, so I was never confused by his name. I pity anyone who was, since I know how hard it is to change pronunciations when I find out I've been saying it wrong.

Posted by CS Ryan

The voice-overs in those MegaMan anime clips are a half-*** piece of useless crap. 'Nuff said.

Posted by Zeta

And yet it spawned the infamous Elmer Fudd Light and Zero's line.

"WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!?"

Posted by lanzer

Quoting somewhat117: Bass has always been pronounced like the instrument! Where the heck do you get your information from!

watch the dub of EXE season 1 they changed his name from bass to base!

Posted by Zeta

Because the instrument bass is pronounced 'base'.

Posted by Minesweeper

*twitches* This is a pet peeve of mine. D=<

Alright; my mother played piano since she was a wee tot. She taught piano right up to the day she died - literally. Because of this, I have also played music since I was kid. Thusly, I know a thing or two about music.

Bass, the character with the fins what we all wuv so very much, IS PRONOUNCED "BASE", AS IN THE MUSICAL INSTRUMENT. Not Bass, like the **** fish. xP BASS IS NOT A FISH! >=O (You must've heard that one before. xD) DO NOT TRUST THE SINFULLY AWFUL VOICE ACTING IN MM8! XP [SIZE="1"](And while you're at it, ignore the fact he's got those fins. ^.^)[/SIZE]

I mean, c'mon. He's paired with a dog named Treble. The first thing you should've learned about music is the two clefs are treble and bass. If not, go look at a stereo. The high stuff in music is on the treble clef, the low stuff is bass. xP

Why would they have a fish paired with a musical reference? And what's more, in Japan, nearly all the main robot characters (bosses aside) are musically themed. Rockman, Roll, Rush, Beat, Blues, Forte, Gospel, Tango, Duo... With Bass and Treble, they just decided to KEEP the music theme when they translated it.

To repeat, BASS IS NOT A FISH! >=O I will personally slap the next person who believes his name is pronouced like the fish with a tuna. >=D

@Zeta:: "... Say rascally rabbit!" xD

Posted by Zeta

Wascawwy wabbit.

Posted by Stalolin

NEW FORUM LAW. BASS SHALL BE PRONOUCNED LIKE THE FISH.

Posted by Minesweeper

*le gasp*

Just for that, it's gonna be a FROZEN tuna. D=<

*brandishes frosty tuna menacingly* >=O

@Zeta:: xD Actually, that was a reference to (surprise surprise) BnG. That's from the part where Bob ends up in the Rockman universe. =D Upon hearing Dr. Light's speech twoubles (or, uh, I think in the Rockman universe he's Dr. Right), that's what Bob says to him. xD I can't find it in the Archive right now, but if I happen across it I'll link to it. =)

Posted by Roxas23857

How about we just call Bass....FORTE!! That way it's easier to say and there are not different ways to say it.

Posted by Linko_16

If you need a way to remember, just think of [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Linko_16/Bassin.jpg]this[/url].

Posted by antisora

Sure why not

Posted by Roxas23857

Yeah so well call him Bass or Forte deal.

Posted by lanzer

ALLRIGHT FINE ILL CALL HIM FORTE!!! jesus christ man i hate this stupid confusion.