Sonic Riders

Posted by Arczu

Alright alright, I can pretty much tell that this game is going to get bashed big time, but here anyway.

I finally get a chance to play this game and I actually found it to be very entertaining. There is a feeling of speed when you really get the controls down and it's good fun with more players in the mix. Too bad some of the menu sounds are lame (typical blips).

Like I have been hearing: it is indeed frustrating at first. Even with the instruction manual, you pretty much have to figure out when you do a in order to get to b going. The saying "Easy to Master, hard to learn" comes to mind here. If you can do it once, you can do it again, and then it's all in your grasp. So when you finally get the hang of Air Riding, it naturally flows with you to do it.

Right, that whole "heroes" attribute system is at work again here. Speed characters take rails. Fly characters jump into the boost rings and Power characters break things out of there way into a different path. Different boards can allow characters to take on other attributes, but those come later.

The boards (there are some air skates too) that run on air is pretty much fuel. You can boost yourself at the expense of some of it and attack other racers. If it runs out, you have to run with the board on your hands untill you hit a pit stop to recharge, or (doing the smart thing) collecting enough rings to up your level and instantly fill your boost or one of the item boxes containing air.

Turbulence. This is the white wind-like tube that tails from other racers ahead of you that are going fast. You can jump into it and use it as a guide to catch up. If you rise of to a side where there are arrows point up, you will trick and increase your speed in the turbulence-- allowing you to catch up even faster. Just that, when riding in it, you might not get a lot of items so use L+R to get out of it when neccessary. You can also stay on you board in these if you run out of air.

The fun factor here is high and low. There reason for this is how many times you can do the rather strict missions, or how long you can handle the story (or just skip that and go straight to the races). Yes, the story is kind of lame again (but tell me, what IS a good Sonic story about someone who runs uber fast?). The voice acting falls farther, especially Jet (Er hello? What's with this higher-pitched cocky scrounging?)

Weather you think this game is worth your time or not, that's up to you, but I gave this one a go and had quite some fun with it.

Posted by Linko_16

I didn't like Riders at all, sorry to say.

Posted by Zeta

Why didn't they bring Nack back?! He could've rode the Marvelous Queen! We get NiGHTS, but no Nack!? WTF!?

k, haven't played it.

Posted by Alex_DX

I like sonic riders very much.
It is a very fast game and the graphic and the soundare superb.

Posted by Arczu

Quoting Linko_16: I didn't like Riders at all, sorry to say.

...Sorry to hear that.

I still laugh when I go up to someones face and shout "You're toast!". They drop all their rings...

Posted by Linko_16

Okay, I admit that everybody yelling at each other was kind of funny. What, were they trying to avoid violence?

But, if you ask me, the funniest part of the game was... "They're an ancient civilization that lived on a floating island... AND THEY WERE EXPERTS WITH EXTREME GEAR LOLOLZ."

Okay, yeah, the game itself wasn't bad. I just didn't think it was all that fun.

Posted by Arczu

I didn't think the focus would be some evil genie. Or that a magic carpet would be the "Lengenday Extreme Gear" (when a carpet has NO gears what-so-ever on it).

And yes... let me say it now.
this was most definately
THE MOST RETARDED BOSS "FIGHT" EVAR!

Catch up to and touch the lamp 3 times then finish first... come on now...

At least that music was kicking in that stage, but not nearly enough.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Arczu]Okay, I admit that everybody yelling at each other was kind of funny. What, were they trying to avoid violence?

But, if you ask me, the funniest part of the game was... "They're an ancient civilization that lived on a floating island... AND THEY WERE EXPERTS WITH EXTREME GEAR LOLOLZ."

Okay, yeah, the game itself wasn't bad. I just didn't think it was all that fun.

The Sonic Universe revolves around the Ancient civilizations,(Kitsune,Echidna,Flicky,ETC.) so they made another one...It's more about the past than the future...

Posted by lanzer

i liked sonic riders it was challenging the missions and WGP were the most challenging of all but it was worth it to unlock the secret characters.

Posted by antisora

The game was cool especilly super sonic.

Posted by Demotion

I should buy it judging from what I heard from some of you.

Posted by Arczu

I've been at this for awhile and something has been bothering me. Ever since the first second I put into this, I haven't received invincibility at all. Which is weird because you get tend to get items at random. It's like how in Super Mario Kart you can never get a star if you are in first or second... maybe that's it (Sure would help)

1 Character missing... wonder who it is...

Posted by Zeta

I'd bet you're missing E-10000R. You need 50 hours of play time to get him.

Posted by Roxas23857

Yeah it was fun but they need a tutorial in the game so you could learn how to play not omg you in a race now I hope you know what to do. But after you get use to it. It's a fun game.

Posted by Arczu

Actually there is a quick tutorial... Look in the extras.

And 50 hours?! Yikes. Guess that come from ring collecting doesn't it? Actually I'm getting pretty good at it now. I see to be able to nail down a lot of lines and manage to get the gold capsule. Might not be so bad.

Posted by antisora

How do you get gold on all the missions?HELP!~!~!~!~

Posted by Colonel

So judging by what most of you have said i should get this game? or at least rent it.

Posted by Arczu

Give it a rent. I can't say much for the story, and some people were complaining about the graphics, but the speed is there, and you do get a bit of a challenge from it. I bought it for $20 though. Playing with friends might be fun...

And WTF... they never give me invicibility! I used to get it tons back when I sucked... but I was playing the Xbox version at my friend's house.

Posted by Miles "Tails" Prower

I like Sonic Riders. I have it for GameCube and play it quite often.

Posted by D.J Cat

Well, I've seen it cheap and might give it a go.

I loved Adventure 2 Battle to bits - gotta get my own copy of that and actually finish it one day...

On Sonic Riders:
(Or at least it was some Sonic game, more than likely Gamecube going by my memory...)
Some Mother bought in the game and her kid, she was returning the game and saying it had swearing in it and was inappropriate for the kid.
I highly doubt any Sonic game would have swearing in it, am i right?