Majora's Mask Alien Help

Posted by Xqars

I'm doing that part in Majora's Mask where you have to use your bow to defend the barn. I've tried it over and over but some alien from behind me gets in. Is there a special technique to completing this or am I just not being fast enough?

Posted by maian

Well..I normally got through this pretty easily. There's always a pretty good way to tell where the aliens are coming from. For example, the dog always runs and barks. If you see the dog running to the back, immediately follow, because there's probably aliens. And, the map at the bottom of the screen has them. Always keep your eye on that, and intercept them when they get near. Generally, they get to the barn faster then the frontal aliens, so hit them first before worrying about the rest.

And, if you run out of arrows by any chance, there's always some in the wooden box. Just make you you stand somewhere where you have a good vantage point for both views. Try to run and move around as least as possible, since you can kill off most of 'em from one spot.

Hope that helped.

Posted by Zeta

I use Epona and just circle around the house and barn, shooting at the aliens as I go around the buildings. If you get low on arrows there's some bushes behind the buildings that you can run over for some arrows, and the aliens drop arrows as well. It's also a good idea to slow down time, as the aliens will move slower then.

Posted by Klarth

Don't you get a map or something for this?

Anyway, just hop on Epona and circle anticlockwise around the barn. Always worked for me.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I remember just standing there shooting aliens. not actually moving much, but still beating is fairly easy.

... Unless my memory of the event is a tad sketchy after all of these years. EITHER WAY, that part of the game was pretty awesome. Odd, and unexpected, but neat and fun.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Use that song to slow down time, and the aliens will move a lot slower. That makes it incredibly easy.

Quoted post: Use that song to slow down time, and the aliens will move a lot slower. That makes it incredibly easy.

Ah, that's what I did. I completely forgot about that.

Posted by maian

Heh, I'm always using slow time, so I never noticed. I only use normal time if I'm trying to get a mini quest done and I have to wait for certain times.

Gawd, I wanna play MM now. Best game ever hands down. :-*

Posted by Zeta

2nd best for me, lolololol!

Posted by Azure Wolf

Theres a place just in between the house and the barn and in front that if your quick enough you can just stay there and the ghosts will just come. If your fast and a good marksman, you should have no trouble if you find that right spot.

Posted by Zeta

Make sure you do all the Romani Ranch stuff at least twice so Link can get a hug from Cremia! <3

Posted by Colonel

Fighting the aliens is the 2nd best thing in the game. Other than getting the couples mask.

Posted by maian

Gawd, I hated getting the Couple's Mask. Once you got to the final day in Ikana and stuff it was fun, but visiting Kafei, mailing the letters, waiting through time...it really gets old.

Posted by Zeta

You never really even have to wait during that. Only when you need to meet Anju at night and when going to Sakon's hideout. Besides those you can just play the Double Song of Time, do stuffs, DSoT, stuffs, etc.

Posted by maian

Yes, but you also have to wait till times like 2:00 for the mailman to deliver the mail and whatnot.

Posted by Zeta

Huh, I don't remember that. =/ Must be one of the parts I skip over.

Posted by coromoro

Slowing down time does indeed make the task easier, but it also makes it a lot longer. I personally prefer to do it in normal time, because that way you don't have to do it for such a long time. It's up to you! :cool:

Posted by Xero

Quoting Xqars: I'm doing that part in Majora's Mask where you have to use your bow to defend the barn. I've tried it over and over but some alien from behind me gets in. Is there a special technique to completing this or am I just not being fast enough?

ok I know you got many answers for this, but heres my trick.

I simply go on the box and shoot from everywhere. If I dont slow the time, I usually have just enough arrows to hang on. On the box, you have the angle to shoot anywhere these aliens will come.

Posted by Madame Flurrie

I did it by watching the map and going after the aliens that get closest to the barn first. I also wore the Bunny Hood to move faster.

Though I didn't know that slowing down time made the aliens move slower. I always do it with time moving normally so that it ends quicker, as it's very nerve-wracking. :)

Quoted post: Though I didn't know that slowing down time made the aliens move slower. I always do it with time moving normally so that it ends quicker, as it's very nerve-wracking.

When you slow down time, everything moves slower. I don't believe there were any exceptions. So that in conjunction with the bunnyhood was win.

Posted by PMK

Quoting Vampiro: When you slow down time, everything moves slower. I don't believe there were any exceptions. So that in conjunction with the bunnyhood was win.

I looooove that combo! What would you think if you were one of the NPC's in the game!!

#1, Link's going twice as fast as everyone else
#2, Link is always sprinting so the speed is fierce

#3, He's wearing a ****ing hood with rabbit ears on it

I'd be all 'WTF'

I probably wouldn't think too much, seeing as how I live in a world full of monsters and there's a huge, menacing moon about to totally obliterate me.

Posted by ~vampire~

Quoting Xqars: I'm doing that part in Majora's Mask where you have to use your bow to defend the barn. I've tried it over and over but some alien from behind me gets in. Is there a special technique to completing this or am I just not being fast enough?

The way I proceed is by going on the box and shoot only the aliens that come close to it. Usually I have just enough arrows to hang up to 6 in the morning (zelda time). I rarely miss tho, you have to be good.

Posted by Jazz

:confused: I'm a little off because, I don't know how to get my horse?

Posted by Xero

After beating the 2nd temple, you can buy powder kegs for 200 rupees. You go before day 2 at the big rock blocking the ranch and blow it up with the keg. You go in, you complete the target practice and you get the horse in return with the song.

Posted by Jazz

Thank you but I haven't beat the second temple because I don't know where to go I've already wen't to this one place but I need my horse. And I went to this other place where it's blocked off with snow balls. So which door do I go through the bay, dessert, mountain, or the swamp.

Posted by maian

Hmm. Post this in the Zelda help thread stickied at the top of the forum.

Or, you can go to [url]www.gamefaqs.com[/url] . They help. :)