What Could Have Been

Posted by Last Fog

[URL=http://media.cube.ign.com/media/015/015821/vids_1.html]Take a look at these videos.[/URL] They show off several minutes of the original version of Resident Evil 4.

That's some scary crap. I could only imagine how many times I'd sh*t my pants playing this game. I love RE4 and all, but I have to say, it's just not very scary. It's missing all the creepy, erie environments that have been a trademark of past installments in the series. And believe it or not, the lighting effects and extensive detail in these videos seem even a bit above what I've seen in RE4. Have a look for yourself.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Bah, if I could access the IGN mailbag Matt makes some pretty good points on why you should be happy they stuck with the RE4 they released. The camera is better, it's easier to control, et cetera. He pretty much said it's a classic RE game, just with a few RE4 additions. I'm glad they stuck with the current one. I couldn't be happier with it.

Posted by Last Fog

Don't get me wrong, changes were needed, and I love RE4. I guess I just experienced a little nostalgia, so to speak.

Posted by Gorilla Jones

I gotta disagree. RE4 to me is one of the best games of this generation. I think its in my top 10 games of all time.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I liked the original storyline they had for RE4. Leon was sneaking into Umbrella HQ in Europe to bring them down single-handedly. Umbrella was working on a new sentient viral plague which got a little too smart for them and ran rampant throughout the research facility and obligatory mansion. Leon meets this new plague and is infected with it, which slowly drives him dangerously insane. I don't care for the final story much at all, even if Leon S. Kennedy is a bad enough dude to save the President's daughter.

Quoted post: Leon was sneaking into Umbrella HQ in Europe to bring them down single-handedly. Umbrella was working on a new sentient viral plague which got a little too smart for them and ran rampant throughout the research facility and obligatory mansion.

I dislike it. With the Umbrella corporation collapsing because of what happened in Raccoon city, it's more realistic. There's no way in hell a company could survive that bad of publicity.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Watch the second movie. Umbrella covers their involvement in the nuclear devastation of Racoon City quite handily, regardless of a particularly damning videotape. With the United States Government ground beneath their iron boot, Umbrella could get away with anything. You're just accepting Capcom's cop-out.

Posted by Last Fog

What second movie?

Posted by Speedfreak

Isn't the movie basically a complete crock, entirely sperate from the games?

Quoted post: Isn't the movie basically a complete crock, entirely sperate from the games?

Yup.

Quoted post: You're just accepting Capcom's cop-out.

No. I'm just accepting what would actually happen.

Posted by Last Fog

What movie are you all talking about?

Posted by Dexter

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0318627/

Posted by Last Fog

Oh, that crap? How could you even bring that up. I thought you talking about a game trailer or something, you know... something related to the game. Meh.

Posted by Dexter

This is related to the game.

Posted by Last Fog

Only as far as the title, so I've heard.

Posted by Dexter

You've heard wrong.

Posted by Last Fog

Really? I thought the movies had not much plot at all. Just mindless hack and slash with zombies.

Posted by Dexter

Are you speaking from experience or from what you've heard?

Posted by Last Fog

What I've heard. Besides, I don't recall what Prince said tying into the storyline.

Quoted post: I thought you talking about a game trailer or something, you know... something related to the game. Meh.

That's what I thought at first.

And Dex: Apocalypse doesn't really have that much to do with the games, except for a few key parts and characters. But that's about it.

Posted by Bebop

These videos are reemble the old Resi gameplay alot more. However it doesnt do the game's aiming mode justice I beleive. But the sotry about sneaking into Umbrellas, the 'heart of all evvil' if you will, sounds cool and maybe Capcom could make a Resi game where thats the case. Of course it'll have to be a pre-quel or something.

Posted by Fiindil

Quoting Last Fog: Really? I thought the movies had not much plot at all. Just mindless hack and slash with zombies.

sounds fairly familar from somewhere IMO ;)

Posted by Scttmz6

For some reason i have always hated Resident Evil

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Scttmz6: For some reason i have always hated Resident Evil

Care to explain why?

Posted by Last Fog

I know why. Because it's too hard, they don't give you enough ammo, and the camera sucks. Boo hoo.

Posted by sephiroth_theunborn

ok RE is not that hard and if you are playing one of the very frist releases there is not alot of ammo thats what makes it kind of not alot hard

Alexander Witt the guy who directed the move needs shot even though he made some good movie

I never remember Alice ever taking on nemesis or Alice ever being in any RE she should have never came back they should had just kill her off

Im not going to see RE 3 that movie there is just going to suck.

Posted by Darkbackward

I didn't like resident evil because it wasn't scary and I didn't have fun playing it. I would much rather play wave race on the 64 than be bothered with any of the numerous here is a key and stick it in a hole games.

Oh yea, NONE OF THEM WERE SCARY.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Darkbackward: I didn't like resident evil because it wasn't scary and I didn't have fun playing it. I would much rather play wave race on the 64 than be bothered with any of the numerous here is a key and stick it in a hole games.
Are you sure the real reason isn't because the puzzles were too hard for you? Hmm... Just wondering, since you bring up wave race as a comparison.

I for one would rather play resident evil than be bothered with any of the numerous hold down one button and tap left and right games.

Posted by Bebop

Oh shut up, both of you. I wasnt a big fan and am trying to play them all. I played them when younger but was too afriad to touch a joypad with Resi loaed up for a while. Bless. omg lol