What RPG game was most frustrating?

Posted by StarBlazer

I would say that Final Fantasy X was the most frustrating game for me because it took me a while to learn how to use the sphere grid and I kept dying because I didn't know where to get sphere keys to open the sphere locks.

Posted by Night Owl

that game would make me so mad, I would play it with my friend(Karl Kroenen) all day untill we FINALLY beat it.

Posted by Axis

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Black]This is a tough one. I would probably have to go with Earthbound. There were times on here were I really struggled at parts. I think I spent about 5 hours on the desert level. I know that seems really long for a level, but hey, I was about 9 when I played it.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Night Owl

lol, atleast you beat it eventually.

Posted by Ch

Final Fantasy X. The Sphere Grid just messed me up alot. Also Too many of those cutscenes and flashy attck moves that like took forever to complete. I eventually found a way to shorten the attack moves' cutscenes.

Posted by Nevinyrral

Drakkhen (SNES) If you have ever played it, then you should know there is no need to ask why its so frustrating.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Final Fantasy X? The sphere grid is even easier to learn than the junction system. Or materia.

The most frustrating? I haven't been really angry while playing an RPG. Certain battles, maybe. But not enough to specify a game.

Posted by Legend Saber

Quoting Nevinyrral: Drakkhen (SNES) If you have ever played it, then you should know there is no need to ask why its so frustrating.

I remember that game... ::shudder::

In any case, the must frustrating RPG I've ever played (except, of course, for Drakkhen, but that doesn't even need to be stated) would have to be Breath of Fire on the GBA. Wandering around randomly for hours getting into battles every three seconds was never so devoid of fun. Especially considering the fact that you pretty much never level up there.

Posted by Nevinyrral

Come to think of it, Dragon Warriors 1 annoyed me to no end. If you wanted to go down stairs you had to select the 'stairs' button. Wanted to talk to somone? 'talk' button and sometimes when you go to talk to somone, but the time you select the menu...they walk away from you! I just could not take it.

Posted by Map42892

FFVIII. Only reason i didnt like the game was that dumb Junction System.

Posted by inuyasha kicks

i hated and was so extremely disapointed with megaman bn4. The only objective of the whole game was now that you have found that program u need to go find the other one.

Posted by Ronin

I agree, this is a tough question.....

I would have to say FF8. I like the junction system and all, but that freaking draw magic aspect drove me insane. I mean i literally screamed because i hated having to sit there and draw magic. I know you can create magic from items but only near the middle to the end of the game. but in the beginning, oh man it ****ed me off to no end.

Posted by Boner

I'd have to go with Golden Sun for the GBA. Not because it was a particularly hard game. But, because the battery was defective and died on me half way through the game. Therefor erasing all of my data. Quite frustrating indeed.

Posted by Bubblez

I'd say Alundra for the PS1. Frustrating and I'ver never gotten into it.

Posted by boomstick

Bards Tale on Ye Old School Mode, By ***, it was hard.

Posted by Black_Wolf

[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif]Good Thread. Um, I would have to say Breath of Fire II for the same reason that someone else said BoF, b/c random battles occur sooo often and leveling up is freggin' tough to do. Also, even the random battles could be tough (even though I think that's something you don't see enough).[/FONT]

Posted by Ronin

........you were half way through golden sun and you didn't save? I hate to break it to you man but if you were half way through the game and you had yet to save it then that's not completely the batteries fault.

Posted by Klarth

My G[color=3]od, Terranigma was nearly impossible. I almost looked at a walkthrough at one point BUT WITHHELD MY HONOUR HUH YES[/color]

Posted by gamma_sponge

Suikoden IV. Random battles every 3-5 seconds, the main character doesn

Posted by William

Quoting Map42892: FFVIII. Only reason i didnt like the game was that dumb Junction System.

That made the game too easy. With the proper magic junctioned, it was just soooo easy. The only hard thing about the entire game, was fighting the Omega Weapon or whatever it was.

Now, I'd have to say...

Lord of the Rings: Volume I for the SNES. Mainly because your other characters could die so easily, and the fact that in the caves/dungeons, you didn't really get any maps so I had to make my own and sometimes I would get lost. Also, in parts of the game, you had to find things that were hidden around the entire game and those were quite hard to find, since you had to look EVERYWHERE on every map...

Also, travelling around the game was kinda annoying, since you had to walk everywhere, back and forth...back and forth...with no other way of transportation.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

Quoting William: That made the game too easy. With the proper magic junctioned, it was just soooo easy. The only hard thing about the entire game, was fighting the Omega Weapon or whatever it was.

Not even omega weapon was hard all you had to do was get your holy wars from cards and get your characters to low enough hp to do thier limit breaks....basic.

A Game that truly made me angry was final fantasy tactics. Trying to get passed the lvl without one of your guys dieing.But most of all The second before the last boss with that guy with the gun and the dragons. Ooooo that made me want to throw my ps1 out the window. but aside from that went you fight one of the bosses one on one then he uses that stone and he turns into the summoner type boss with like 4 minions gaurding him. also the lvl where the hanging was suppose to take place and you trying to rescue the princess. Not as annoying as the others but took a few trys. he list gose on and on with that game.

Posted by William

Quoting Dragon Ryder: Not even omega weapon was hard all you had to do was get your holy wars from cards and get your characters to low enough hp to do thier limit breaks....basic.

Of course...but I mean, without using Holy Wars. That's how I beat FFVIII anyhow. I only had my "Attack" and "Item" abilities by the final battle, since I didn't feel like fighting for my other commands back, but I had saved all my Holy Wars, and had my characters pumped stat-wise, so it was pretty easy...even though I consider using Holy Wars continously a bit...cheating.

Posted by buddha

What the hell are holy wars! ive completed the game multiple times and have beaten the omega weapon but my strategy was lion heart all the way.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

Holy war is an item in the game witch makes your party invincable for a set amount of time you can get 10 of these from the gigamesh card. and there is no purpose to me useing it unless i'm figthing omega weapon just becuase he can kill your team in one move. You need only 2 things in that game. Aura and limit breaks the rest are basicly support magic for str Hp ect.

Posted by Sean Fury

Final Fantasy VIII...for one pure and simple reason.

Fuc.king White SeeD ship.

Posted by Demonblade

The rpg that i found the most frustrating was Legend of Dragoon. That game was so hard to convince myself that i actually wanted to continue playing to just say i beat it. I dont know if it was just me, but it is hard as hell to level in that game...most non boss exp i can remember getting was like 250-400 i think...took a lifetime to get to lvl 60

Posted by Vampire Slayer

For me its a tie between Final Fantasy VIII, X, and X-2. All of these games frustrating in severly areas. But the biggest areas that were frustratingwere the story lines.