which game do you hate the most?

Posted by Sasuke76

i hate most gamecube games. it's not because they're on gamecube, it's because, they just suck. if there was one game it'd be aside from those menu games, it'd be those knock-off-gundam games like d.i.c.e, or something

Posted by Ant

You may or may not have known this but there is a new game that has NARUTO in it and all his friends fight each other. And it just came out for GAMECUBE!

But to be on subject I dislike the Madden Series the most. It supports EA and the Casual Gamer, which I am not fond of.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Any game I don't enjoy.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Sasuke76]it's not because they're on gamecube, it's because, they just suck.
So you're saying Gamecube games suck NOT because they're on Gamecube, but because they suck? ...Sounds like you're anti-Nintendo out of pure habit. You're a ****ing moron.

I really don't like:

Final Fantasy VII, VIII, X, X-2
Kingdom Hearts
Drakengard
Any of EA's annually-repackaged sports series
Tekken 4, 5, Tag Tournament

Posted by Roger Smith

Future Tactics: The Uprising is by far, one of the worst games I have ever played.

Posted by Axis

King Kong

'nuff said.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Klarth: Final Fantasy VII, VIII, X, X-2

SNES Final Fantasy ftw. :cool:

I hate most games of the fighting genre. The numerous combos that have to be memorised make the game a chore to play - almost like being in an exam. It's just unneccesary. Street Fighter, I don't mind, but in games like Dead or Alive or Tekken, where I have to remember ten button long combinations just to make a dent in my opponent's health, drives me insane. Smash Brothers, on the other hand, with its simple, flexible movesets, makes it a fighting game worth enjoying.

Also, any sports game other than golf and tennis. For some reason, those two are great fun.

Posted by Speedfreak

I'm right down with the X, most fighting games don't even faintly resemble real fighting in terms of actual gameplay.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Movie spin-offs, certain sports titles, and Warriors of Might and Magic.

Posted by Crazy K

I don't really find RPG's that fun, but I will play them. I do infact hate the Madden NFL series. And I hate games that suck horribly and the creators still advertise the game.

Quoted post: I'm right down with the X, most fighting games don't even faintly resemble real fighting in terms of actual gameplay.

Real fighting is boring.

Posted by Zeta

Sports and Racing games. Mario games, F-Zero, and the like are exceptions though.

Posted by Xenos

Final Fantasy VII, VIII, X, X-2.
Xenosaga I-III [disgrace to Xenogears]
Sports games
Racing games
Games that changes views like crazy and gives me a headache.

Posted by Fate

Man, if those games are games that you guys hate the most, there aren't enough titles in your played-games library. :/

I pick Glover. ***, that game just sucked so much. The story, the controller, the stupid ****ing usless ball... Oy.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Chrono Cross. The worst game ever made. No one enjoyed this game. Anyone who says they did is lying. I would rather play Superman 64 and Bebe's Kids for the SNES for 48 hours straight than play Chrono Cross for any amount of time.

Posted by Klarth

Do a find and replace with "Final Fantasy VII" in the above post and you have my answer. God DAMN that game was terrible.

[quote=Fate]
Man, if those games are games that you guys hate the most, there aren't enough titles in your played-games library. :/
How so?

Posted by GameMiestro

Metroid Prime (yeah, it seems odd, but 3-D Metroid just isn't my thing... the multiplayer in the sequels are very fun, though)
Digital Paintpall (Worst. Mod. Ever.)
Impossible-to-win space shooters (nanostray, ikaruga are good examples)
90% of the games on the Game Boy Color (who could disagree?)

Quoted post: Impossible-to-win space shooters (nanostray, ikaruga are good examples)

Wow, you suck. I've beaten Ikaruga countless times, and finished Nanostray within the first week I bought it.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Vampiro]Wow, you suck. I've beaten Ikaruga countless times, and finished Nanostray within the first week I bought it.

Try beating it without dying. And no, I don't suck... :p:

Posted by Zeta

Another one that cames to mind: Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly. So very dissapointing after playing the first three games.

Quoting Prince Shondronai: I've said it before and I'll say it again: Chrono Cross. The worst game ever made. No one enjoyed this game.

*Raises hand*
I enjoyed the battle system, and I wish to see it in other games.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=GameMiestro]90% of the games on the Game Boy Color (who could disagree?)
More like GBA.

Quoted post: Try beating it without dying. And no, I don't suck...

At this point, I could probably do that with Ikaruga. I don't know about Nanostay though, since I've only played it once or twice.

Posted by Speedfreak

DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION.

IT'S JUST SO FUCKING GAY.

Posted by Unite

pokemon snap

Posted by Sasuke76

Quoting Klarth: So you're saying Gamecube games suck NOT because they're on Gamecube, but because they suck? ...Sounds like you're anti-Nintendo out of pure habit. You're a ****ing moron.

I really don't like:

Final Fantasy VII, VIII, X, X-2
Kingdom Hearts
Drakengard
Any of EA's annually-repackaged sports series
Tekken 4, 5, Tag Tournament

i'm not anti nintendo, just gamecube (mostly)...except for a few games

Posted by Speedfreak

But why are you anti-Gamecube? I mean, just not liking it isn't the same as being anti-Gamecube, and you just admitted you like some of the games anyway. I can't see why you'd be against a console you've enjoyed a few times.

Quoting Zeta:
*Raises hand*

You lie. It's impossible to enjoy a battle system that makes you look at the tiny box of text in the corner of the screen instead of being able to look at the action in the game at any point in order to be in any way successful. You're supposed to be able to select your attacks and then watch them in motion without having to worry about the menus at all, let alone a selection menu that's seperate from any other text you need to look at during the course of a fight. It's like a rejected Final Fantasy battle system written by a high-school student while riding the short bus home one day, or something.

The Chrono Trigger battle system, on the other hand, was brilliant.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Zeta: Another one that cames to mind: Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly. So very dissapointing after playing the first three games.

Agreed. I'm not sure what it's like playing on the other systems, but the ****ing camera is agonizingly slow on the PS2.

[quote]*Raises hand*

Agreed again.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Sewer Shark.
Warriors of Might and Magic.
Red Ninja.
Worst. Games. Ever.

Posted by inequity

Pretty much any nascar game out there for me.

Posted by Speedfreak

Eternal Darkness, it sucked. Survival Horror game my a[COLOR=lightgreen]s[/COLOR]s, it wasn't scary and it wasn't hard to survive. There were like 4 enemies in the whole game, the graphics sucked and whole sections of the game were ridiculously dull. On top of that, the game acted like it was awesome because it had decent voice acting and Edgar Allen Poe quotes.

Silicon Knights can kiss my a[COLOR=lightgreen]s[/COLOR]s, especially that smug git Dyack. As far as I'm concerned they can't make a game to save their life.

Posted by Sasuke76

Quoting Angelwing: Movie spin-offs, certain sports titles, and Warriors of Might and Magic.

YES! i hate might of magic

Posted by misogenie

Quoting Zeta: [COLOR="Lime"]Sports and Racing games. Mario games, F-Zero, and the like are exceptions though.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Cyan"][SIZE="4"]Cars look great but the weight of these vehicles are not programmed properly to show any crushing metal and shattering shrapnel-like glass when smashing against a wall or object such as power pole. If the message to [COLOR="DarkOrange"]drunkdrivers[/COLOR] is to not drink and drive then this horrific experience of a a car collision should teach them a lesson. TV ads on drunkdriving are not strong enough to get through [COLOR="DarkOrange"]their[/COLOR] thick skulls.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quoting misogenie: Cars look great but the weight of these vehicles are not programmed properly to show any crushing metal and shattering shrapnel-like glass when smashing against a wall or object such as power pole. If the message to drunkdrivers is to not drink and drive then this horrific experience of a a car collision should teach them a lesson. TV ads on drunkdriving are not strong enough to get through their thick skulls.

I think the actual solution to the problem is to teach people to have imaginations instead of needing alcohol and other drugs to enjoy...Wait...Huh?

Posted by Grom

Quoting Vampiro: Any game I don't enjoy.

Took the words right out of my mouth, figurativly speaking. thanx vampiro. (not sarcastic)

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Prince Shondronai: It's impossible to enjoy a battle system that makes you look at the tiny box of text in the corner of the screen instead of being able to look at the action in the game at any point in order to be in any way successful. You're supposed to be able to select your attacks and then watch them in motion without having to worry about the menus at all, let alone a selection menu that's seperate from any other text you need to look at during the course of a fight.
WELL THEN ITS A GOOD THING I CAN SEE BOTH AT THE SAME TIME THEN ISNT IT! And just because you think CC is an abomination doesn't mean everyone else must think like that.
[quote]The Chrono Trigger battle system, on the other hand, was brilliant.

I get bored with CT's system. Too simplistic.

Quoting Zeta: WELL THEN ITS A GOOD THING I CAN SEE BOTH AT THE SAME TIME THEN ISNT IT! And just because you think CC is an abomination doesn't mean everyone else must think like that.

Certainly you can see both at the same time, but in RPGs that work one is able to actually concentrate on one thing at a time as opposed to being asked to watch carefully for the correct numeric value/color code to pop up during the whole freakin' battle.

Just because I think Chrono Cross is an abomination doesn't mean that everyone else needs to think so, certainly. The reason why everyone needs to think so is because it is an abomination. I repeat: Anyone who says otherwise is a damned dirty liar. You can like the pretty CG sequences, fine, even if they aren't designed by the original artist. You can even like the storyline if you want, even though it has nothing to do with the game that it cashed in on as the "sequel." You cannot, however, like the game.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Unite]pokemon snap

I loved that game. I so would be hyped over a sequel. It was just an enjoyable, quick Nintendo 64 game that was innovative and addictive. Whenever my nephew and I are out taking pictures we crack little Pokemon Snap jokes. I'm desperate for Hey You, Pikachu!

Taboo: The Sixth Sense for the NES was a fairly disturbing experience for me as a child. I played through it once and then I was haunted by it for the next two years. I actually hid it because I didn’: http://www.nesplayer.com/features/taboo/index.htm[/url]

Yeah, this convinces me even more to never even put this cartridge in my system again. This is some seriously messed up stuff.

[IMG]http://www.nesplayer.com/features/taboo/pics/staff.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE]Most of the Rare staff in late 1987; Taboo was developed one year later.

Freakiness beyond anything I've ever seen in my entire life. :(

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Dexter: Freakiness beyond anything I've ever seen in my entire life. :(

Hm, I may have not caught on, but why is that freaky? That specific quote.
That whole taboo thing was though... It provokes me into dling an emulator.

Posted by Kestryl

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.
Oh. My. Gosh. I wanted to put my foot through the screen after five minutes. It was either incredibly easy or terribly hard, I still haven't decided. Either way, it just plain sucked.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting misogenie: [COLOR="Cyan"][SIZE="4"]Cars look great but the weight of these vehicles are not programmed properly to show any crushing metal and shattering shrapnel-like glass when smashing against a wall or object such as power pole. If the message to [COLOR="DarkOrange"]drunkdrivers[/COLOR] is to not drink and drive then this horrific experience of a a car collision should teach them a lesson. TV ads on drunkdriving are not strong enough to get through [COLOR="DarkOrange"]their[/COLOR] thick skulls.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

MY EYEEEEEES.

Also: Radical Dreamers is > Chrono Cross AND Chrono Trigger combined. Still waiting for Chrono Break though.

Also, I think Taboo is fantastic. :(

Posted by Big Boss

Street Fighter: The Movie (PlayStation) - A horrible port of a wonderful, but heavily underrated, arcade fighter. I believe that game killed part of my childhood, back when all games I wanted to play were fun.

Super Smash Bros. (N64)/ Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN) - It should be nothing more than a minigame in the saturated Mario Party series, and it should not be addressed as a fighting game. It's also incredibly boring, and the only thing to its credit is how well it implements Nintendo characters and worlds to mask the unskillful, simplistic-to-the-point-of-boredom gameplay enough to the extent where less perceptive gamers lead themselves to believe that the game is in any way enjoyable. I should also note I've played the GCN game extensively, in single and multiplayer modes with multiple friends, in a crusade to find what was so great about it. Then I realized, people raved this much about Halo before the franchise went online (you know, when it became playable), so I figured it was one of those cases where there's no accountability for taste.

Dragon's Lair (NES) - I hated that game when I was a kid. I kept dying in the first bridge. Good thing I had River City Ransom and Mega Man # nearby to ease the frustration.

Quoting Klarth:
Also: Radical Dreamers is > Chrono Cross AND Chrono Trigger combined. Still waiting for Chrono Break though.

Adding Cross to Trigger would lower the quality rating by about 9,000,000,000%. Therefore in a purley mathematical sense, your statement doesn't amount to a hill of beans. I understand what you're saying, though. Haven't played RD. Perhaps it warrants a look.

Anywho, you'll be waiting a looooooooooooong time for Chrono Break. Squenix doesn't have the rights to the Chrono series anymore, as I understand it. Don't you think they would have milked it with another 5 CG-laden sleazepiles by now if they did?

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Prince Shondonai]Haven't played RD. Perhaps it warrants a look.
Ohhh man, you've got to. The dialogue, the characters, and the MUSIC. Oh my sweet christ THE MUSIC. It's probably the best text-based game I've ever played... Ever. Go download it now.

[quote]
Anywho, you'll be waiting a looooooooooooong time for Chrono Break. Squenix doesn't have the rights to the Chrono series anymore, as I understand it. Don't you think they would have milked it with another 5 CG-laden sleazepiles by now if they did?
You what? :( Who owns the rights, then...? Hell, I wouldn't've minded an utter raping of the series provided the plot was thin yet compelling. Ah well.

Quoted post: Cars look great but the weight of these vehicles are not programmed properly to show any crushing metal and shattering shrapnel-like glass when smashing against a wall or object such as power pole. If the message to drunkdrivers is to not drink and drive then this horrific experience of a a car collision should teach them a lesson. TV ads on drunkdriving are not strong enough to get through their thick skulls.

Car companies won't allow their products to show actual damage like you might see in a Burnout game. There's a reason why they don't use lisenced cars.

Quoted post:
Super Smash Bros. (N64)/ Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN) ...

Don't know why, but that whole paragraph made me laugh/

Quoting Vampiro: Don't know why, but that whole paragraph made me laugh/

I think he's made up his whole crusade against Smash Brothers to get back at me for exposing the truth about Chrono Cross. Pay him no mind. I never do.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Pay him no mind. I never do.

[font=trebuchet ms][color=yellowgreen]It's funny you said that, considering you're always the one bringing me up in your posts. There's a discussion between me and other level-headed members of the forums about Blu-ray technology, and you are the one that quotes someone else to make a half-assed insult towards me. The only recent time I've bothered to mention your name was in that specific case as retaliation, yet you've previously kept bringing me up by saying Fate is me when that nonsense is completely off topic and nobody has brought you up, and now you do it again by bringing me up because I happen to dislike SSBM when I've made no comment towards your direction.

"Pay him no mind. I never do." Of course, if by that you mean, "I can't help myself but make indirect comments about him all the time while he doesn't mention me or reply to me anymore."

So, what is it, Prince? Are you trying to get my attention because you miss it? Is that it? Do you miss the old days where gullible people (like me) thought they could have a mature discussion with you? Do you miss getting into arguments where people used to take what you said seriously? Oh, those were the old days, weren't they?

What were some of the great things you've said up to this point? "PSP will have a skipping problem! How will they solve this!? Silly Sony people!" "People who like Chrono Cross are lying, as I do not like it! It makes sense. Trust me!," "I'm making the next mature Zelda with my people!," "If I can create my own genre, so can they!"

Oh, everyone's a game designer. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Oh, man

Quoted post: I aim to entertain.

And you have, as I appreciate good zings.

Success! I made bb lose hours of precious time writing a load of self-aggrandising nonsense that I'll never read with a post that took me no more than 10 seconds to send! Huzzah!

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Prince Shondronai]Haven't played RD. Perhaps it warrants a look.

No. It doesn't. Stay the hell away.

It's just a text adventure, basically a game that's entirely graphics and story!

Final Fantasy fans would love it.

[quote=Klarth][COLOR=#dddddd]Ohhh man, you've got to. The dialogue, the characters, and the MUSIC. Oh my sweet christ THE MUSIC. It's probably the best text-based game I've ever played... Ever. Go download it now.[/COLOR]

What the hell? You found that lesson in futility FUN!?

[quote=Prince Shondronai]Success! I made bb lose hours of precious time writing a load of self-aggrandising nonsense that I'll never read with a post that took me no more than 10 seconds to send! Huzzah!

Honestly, I've never seen him exhibit a sense of humour on this board in the entire 4 years I've been here. A kid with Asperger's Syndrome could understand your posts before he could.

He's just so full of himself since jesse made him a moderator. It's cute sometimes in a "Don't feed the monkeys" sort of way.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Speedfreak]
What the hell? You found that lesson in futility FUN!?
[url=http://www.ocremix.org/quicksearch/game/?qs_query=radical+dreamers]Orgasms here.[/url] The dialogue wasn't bad either, and eh, I've been a fan of text adventures for a while. Plus, all the alternate storylines after you beat the main one are fun.

Hang on, Prince: Didn't you use to mod this board? (Not relevant at all, just wondering.)

Posted by Speedfreak

But...you can't...beat it. It's just process of elimination! I spend about an hour wandering through some stupid corridors because I couldn't figure out how to get to the room I was once in!

Posted by Klarth

Draw a map.

I dunno, I was waaaay into Riven when it came out so this sort of thing kinda became intuitive for me.

Yes, I was a moderator for a number of months. I didn't let it go to my head, though. I've always been a self-righteous, arrogant, anti-social elitist with delusions of grandeur.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Vampiro: And you have, as I appreciate good zings.

Thank you. I'm good at those. :)

Posted by Hero'sCrest

Top Three Most Hated Games:
(No order)

1. The Da Vinci Code
2. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
3. Chaos Legion