How about a Flame Board?

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Maybe regaining the Flame Board will bring some fun back to this place? Wouldn't kill to give it a shot.

A lot of the most entertaining threads from the good ol' days happened in the flame board. As far as I remember, it was the most entertaining place here, even when you were the one getting flamed. I say yes.

Hey Jesse, maybe if we have a flame board, we'll ban less because there'll be a reason for these idiots to stick around. ;)

Posted by Ant

Yes. It'll hopefully bring some "fun" to the site.

Posted by Jesse Smith

um, you already scare 90% of the new members away by flaming them, all it'll do is scare more humans away.

Posted by Stalolin

a flame board does not promote intellectual activity, it does not add to the overall community of the site, and has the potential to create a clique which will spill out of the flame board and flame other people everywhere

This is so unlike you Linkman.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Stalolin: has the potential to create a clique which will spill out of the flame board and flame other people everywhere

Don't forget to vote!!!!!! :D

Posted by Xenos

Interesting, I was talking about that with Klarth yesterday and to be honest, I opt for one too.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Quoting Stalolin: This is so unlike you Linkman.

You're right, well part right. It wasn't my idea to make a poll for this though, it was Ant's. I just agreed to make it on his behalf. I still agree with it, though. I always have agreed with a Flame Board.

As for it spilling out into the other forums, that's what's happening right now. Take this new guy who used to come here years ago (I can't be bothered to find his name). Every thread he's posted in, someone has found the need to flame him. If it was done in the flame board, he wouldn't have a reason to whine about people hating him.

Posted by Klarth

I predicted that Xenos would've been the one to start this thread and that Linkman would be vehemently opposed to the idea. Looks like I was wrong.

I'm all for it. Xenos and Klarth for mods, k?

Posted by Alastor

Sure, whatever. :cool:

Posted by sabre

Sure, it'll at least add a bit of interest. But, I don't get it, why does a flame board need mods? The flame threads don't need moderation, and for the totally worthless threads, people will just flame them.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

It doesn't need mods. The only person to ever mod it was Soul Calibur, and he didn't really do anything.

Posted by Xenos

Skitzo was a mod there too.

Posted by Klarth

Kodachi was voted mod for it before it was deleted, so she got war board instead.

Posted by Hyper

no need for mods if it is made. I don't care either way, though.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yeah, sure, add one. Like others have said, there's no real need for a mod or mods.

Posted by Xenos

Alright Jesse, this board wins. MAKE IT NOW.

Posted by Fate

No moderators means spam all over the place. "Flame me" threads are a little annoying after a while. It catapults unnecessary caustic behavior that can infect other areas of VGC. What a terrible idea.

Posted by Hyper

Then let the super-mods handle those.

Posted by Klarth

Well, it's doing pretty badly compared to how I thought it'd be.

:/

Posted by Xenos

So, uh, should I actually moderate the Flame Board or let the dumbasses spam it up?

Posted by Hyper

it may as well be a spam board as well.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Quoting Xenos: So, uh, should I actually moderate the Flame Board or let the dumbasses spam it up?

Well obviously if someone starts spamming the hell out of it, you should delete it. But, that's about it, anything else goes.