Why do Senior Members pick on Newbies

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I was both at the same time y'know and in way, I still am...
but why do the rest of you do it...
all n00bs seem to want is attention...
and respect lol...
btw is reprisal,blarjny harelder sigfussen,basaria,*sango* or dexter still around

Posted by sabre

They don't always pick on newbies, just... mostly. There have been newbies who've been praised like lords, and there are regulars who everyone makes fun of even when it's not called for.

Reprisal = gone.
Bjarni whose name you totally raped = gone.
Bazariah whose name you also totally raped = still here, same name.
*Sango* = still here, Iris.
Dexter = still here, same name.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I dont pick on noobies. I pick on morons. You jsut happen to fall into both categories.:cookie:

Posted by Xenos

Huh, where did that SCUM go to...? By the way, I don't pick on 'newbies', just those who I think are complete morons, but very rarely do I go out of my door to say, "YOU ARE A COMPLETE MORON." I might show a little bit of contempt, but in a subtle manner. [For the most part.]

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Xenos: I hate you, phlynthe. Stop posting.

fix'd.

Posted by Xenos

oll

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I was here before Bjarni and I think Iris(*sango* to me) was *amy*or amy rose or something back in the days of the username curse. Spam is obviously still here. DarkBackward was cool. Zerostar, CowboyJMB/Protoman, Username, darthvader, coromoro, PieGaTo, PieKaT, Kaos, Linko_16, Richaod, etc., I remember.

Posted by Xenos

Speaking of old members, does anyone recall "Chettaman"? I'm just reminded of him for some strange reason ... he was a pretty **** dumbass-of-a-member and I shall never forget this line: "I did the nasty." [coughunderagesex]

Posted by PhlyntheKT

No I don't think I ever heard of him but wouldn't that get him banned...

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Phlynthe: I was here before Bjarni and I think Iris(*sango* to me) was *amy*or amy rose or something back in the days of the username curse. Spam is obviously still here. DarkBackward was cool. Zerostar, CowboyJMB/Protoman, Username, darthvader, coromoro, PieGaTo, PieKaT, Kaos, Linko_16, Richaod, etc., I remember.

Darkbackward coems back every 5 months or so for a couple of posts.
Protoman posts sometimes
Kaos = Misoxeny
a lot of which you stated still go here, it's just Darkbackward that posts here very rarely. Aside form that we had a few other past active members that have also left.

Posted by Stalolin

I miss Reprisal. :(

Posted by PhlyntheKT

me too

Posted by Lord of Spam

I miss having new members that dont suck join.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

That stopped when people could go and get hundred of posts and still be called noob...

Posted by Lord of Spam

noob isnt about psot count. Its about idiocy, which you seem to have in spades.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I used to have most of my posts at least 5 paragraphs in length of relative information and my account still got deleted...

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Phlynthe]I was both at the same time y'know and in way, I still am...
but why do the rest of you do it...
all n00bs seem to want is attention...
and respect lol...
btw is reprisal,blarjny harelder sigfussen,basaria,*sango* or dexter still around

The reason is that newbies complain about being picked on, making it all the more worthwhile. Also, if you don't use good grammar, people tend to dislike you.

Posted by Klarth

I don't harass newbies, I harass retards. There's a huge ****ing difference.

[quote=Phlynthe]
I used to have most of my posts at least 5 paragraphs in length of relative information and my account still got deleted...
You don't seem to understand that quality is a LOT more important than quantity. Besides, if you used to post in volumes of five paragraphs, what reason do you have to break that trend? Get to it. Now. You don't seem to understand that quality is a LOT more important than quantity. Besides, if you used to post in volumes of five paragraphs, what reason do you have to break that trend? Get to it. Now. You don't seem to understand that quality is a LOT more important than quantity. Besides, if you used to post in volumes of five paragraphs, what reason do you have to break that trend? Get to it. Now. You don't seem to understand that quality is a LOT more important than quantity. Besides, if you used to post in volumes of five paragraphs, what reason do you have to break that trend? Get to it. Now.

You don't seem to understand that quality is a LOT more important than quantity. Besides, if you used to post in volumes of five paragraphs, what reason do you have to break that trend? Get to it. Now. You don't seem to understand that quality is a LOT more important than quantity. Besides, if you used to post in volumes of five paragraphs, what reason do you have to break that trend? Get to it. Now.

You don't seem to understand that quality is a LOT more important than quantity. Besides, if you used to post in volumes of five paragraphs, what reason do you have to break that trend? Get to it. Now.

See, I can make long posts too :)

Posted by The Judge

Phywhatever, your posts don't warrant any given reason not to pick on you. If you didn't post in strange paragraphs, posted halfway decent things, and had interesting things to say, you wouldn't be picked on. We were all "new" at one point in time, and we did things right. Shape up or ship off.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I had High quality posts and a grasp on what it meant to moderate.
I also notice that some people may find me unlikable when I post this way.
I also note that they are entitled to their opinion, as am I entitled to my own.
I post the way I do as a method of expression of myself the [...] I do shows that my thoughts on the matter are unfinished on the subject. I require that of myself to show that my methods are valid and shouldn't be laughed at.

I also used to post this way to inspire the reader of said posts to reply in a similar manner. By the way, Klarth, I never felt every post was worth that much time.

Posted by Raptor

First and foremost, Klarth is such a consistent ******* to everyone and he should stop for his own good. I mean, he displays such *******ish tendencies on such a constant basis, regardless of who he is speaking to. No matter who you are, you are going to be treated poorly by Klarth. I see it time and time again, day after day, and it just never seems to stop. He says such rude things to people; it's like a habit he's proud of. Dude, Klarth, you can't keep carrying on this way. I mean, pretty soon everyone is gonna freaking hate you man. Being so cruel all the time is never worth it. I used to respect you so much, but that respect has gone down with every cold-hearted post I see you make. You really should start being a little nicer to people. Not everyone deserves your wrath. Honestly, try putting yourself in someone else's shoes for awhile. Think about how they would feel to be constantly abused by you. I bet it wouldn't feel that great would it. Just think about it, ok? I haven't given up hope on you yet, but I just might if you don't stop being a jerk. Just look at some of his posts in this thread, how can anyone disagree about what a bastard he's being? Stop being such a bastard, Klarth. I can help you change if you allow me to, and I know it would be good for you. Acting rude to people all the time isn't going to do you any good in the long run, you know. I really think taking my advice would make you a happier person deep down inside. I'm just telling you this for your own good, and hopefully you'll listen to me, because I've been there and dealt with the same thing. You don't want to be the guy on VGC everyone turns and ****s on. Trust me, I know how you really feel deep down inside. In conclusion, Klarth is such a consistent ******* to everyone and he should stop for his own good.

Posted by Lord of Spam

oh lawd is dat sum satire?

Srsly, phlynrthe, jsut stop posting. Problem solved.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I also remember you raptor from a few years back when protoman and kaos were popular usernames to post after. Those were the days of the start of so many people who went on to post in the thousands. Those were also the days of the [USERNAME] bug but it was all fun and games more or less back then.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Raptor]I used to respect you so much, but that respect has gone down with every cold-hearted post I see you make. You really should start being a little nicer to people.
Man, I know. It's like there's a void in my soul that can only be filled with strife and hatred, and I'm only human when I'm AGGRO, man. When I'm rolling, I always show that I've got a dark side, and when people see my dark side, they're scared, man. I've become so numb to everyone else's feelings. I don't have any compassion, man, this is who I am. Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to ask my mother to drive me to hot topic.

Unless Raptor's being serious, in which case: O_o

Posted by Xenos

Hey guys stop
You make me worries ....
Where should I start
Disjointed heart
I’ve got no commitment
To my own flesh and blood
Left all alone
Far from my home
No one to hear me, to heal my ill heart, I
Keep it locked up inside
Cannot express
To the point I’ve regressed
If anger’s a gift, then I guess I’ve been blessed, I
Keep it locked up inside
Keep my distance from your lies
It’s too late to love me now
You helped me to show me
It’s too late to love me now
You don't even know me
Breaking a part of my heart to find release
Taking you out of my blood to bring me peace
Breaking a part of my heart to find release (Break)
Taking you out of my blood to bring me peace (Me)
Breaking a part of my heart to find release (Too)
Keep it locked up inside
Keep my distance from your lies
Breaking a part of my heart to find release (Break)
Taking you out of my blood to bring me peace (Me)
Breaking a part of my heart to find release (Too)
Keep my distance

Posted by Ant

I just spit on my screen in disgust due to this thread. [spoiler] Actually, I coughed and accidently spit on it...STILL[/spoiler]

Posted by Lord of Spam

I hope you spate bile and liquid hate, because that is the only cocktail strong enough to properly soak this thread.

Posted by The Judge

Raptor loses respect for people a lot, it seems. [LOL PICKING ON A SENIOR MEMBER HOLY CRAP WHAT HAVE I DONE]

Posted by PhlyntheKT

It seems like you pick on everyone equally thank you for not discriminating.

Posted by Linko_16

Phly, people pick on you because you're just being emo: acting all sad and mopey when you really don't need to be. Don't be such a drama queen all the time. Seriously, I'm not trying to be mean, you just need a new perspective.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I used to have this laid back sinister way of living but that's over now...
Anyways do you remember me? You were a mod back in 02 I think...

Posted by maian

Wow, I thought Raptor was serious for a second. Then I thought maybe it wasn't Raptor. Then I realized Raptor might just have been being sarcastic!

Yes, new people do get a lot more crap then others do. Many times, they deserve it, but I also see arrogant retards finding a way to pick on the "n00bs" for every post they make, finding some fault about it. No, they probably wouldn't if a senior member posted it, but if someone new posts it, it's wrong.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I kind of have to agree with maian on this one. Phlynthe happened to return after some years and now everyone is being a dick to him. I haven't read a lot of his posts, but all the thread asked is why senior memebrs are such dicks to new people. That's all it asked for. It didn't ask for you guys to go and yeoll at him. Hell maybe this is hwy not many new people come by anymore. It's because you guys just yell at the new people until they have had enough and they leave. hey guys we were all noobs years ago, it took time for us to get better. So let these people grow to get better.

Oh yeah and Phlynthe, peice of advise, instead of talking about how you used to be, why don't you just do so? I mean you sound like you used to be one of the smart peopel here. So quit acting like this and stating how cool used to be and just come back like you never left.

Posted by Dreadnought

Whether or not Raptor was being sarcastic doesn't change the fact that it was ridiculous and painful to read.
I will now soak my eyeballs in brack, brine and liquid hate to soothe the ache.

Posted by brownoystercult

Even if Raptor was being sarcastic, I'm just throwing it out there to say that Klarth has finally dropped his grudge on me (For the time being at least).

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I'm willing to do that and I realize that the days
I mentioned are gone. I mean I don't like being
chewed out by senior members most of which I
still remember and of whom I worked hard to earn
the respect of once over a period of years
also in which hoping they would remember and
respect me now. I think that in the days past I
tried to earn the respect of everyone who came
here noob or senior and that maybe this is the
way it should go back to, y'know.

Posted by GameMiestro

If they're bugging you, only post well thought, carefully written messages in the game boards, that no one could possibly argue against, and the occasional word of wisdom in the game board. If they're still bugging you, stay away from any board where you get yelled at (for example, the PSP board, unless you actually have a PSP). If they're still picking on you, tell them to STFU and go back to their **** blog. Works for me. :)

Seriously, though, just try to forget about it. If you honestly feel insulted, and you cant come up with a better response than creating a thread saying that you dont like being picked on, thats a good sign you're doing something wrong. Focus on contributing something beneficial to the topics at hand, not just your own opinion, and you will quickly find that people will stop being mad at you. If people are truely randomly picking on you, well, find a good example of it and post it here. I have seen it happen, and it quickly stopped, but this doesn't seem to be your case.

Finally, if you have a cool enough avy/sig, you can be immune to all "picking ons".

Posted by Dreadnought

What's with the peudo-verse construction?

[FONT=Edwardian]

Quoting GameMiestro: if you have a cool enough avy/sig, you can be immune to all "picking ons".
[/FONT]

GO DIE SOMEWHERE. kthx. :-*

Posted by PhlyntheKT

It just looks cool. Okay.

Posted by Lord of Spam

No, it looks annoying as hell.

Also, lol at the fact that even nice guy Linko told you to basically dont be a wuss and to suck it up.

Posted by Aesthetic

[quote=Phlynthe]I worked hard to earn
the respect of once over a period of years

Why have you cared so much about their opinion of you? Maybe if you just relax and start caring about more important things, more people will realize that you're not so bad after all. Just a suggestion.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Phlynthe: I also remember you raptor from a few years back when protoman and kaos were popular usernames to post after. Those were the days of the start of so many people who went on to post in the thousands. Those were also the days of the [USERNAME] bug but it was all fun and games more or less back then.

I, "kaos" (Khaos?), have never really been that popular on these boards, and especially not two years ago. And just so you know, Protoman is the lamest person ever on this board. He sucks so much ***, he makes you like look the freakin' Queen of England.

Posted by maian

Heh, I've never been the most popular guy, but I don't recall ever having a bad image.

Generally, I've learned if you care about what other people think about, you try to be something that you're not. Then, you annoy everyone, and aren't really acepted. Then you try to go back to being yourself after many wise people give you help, but then you don't really know what your true self is, because you haven't been yourself in years!

That's what I like to call an identity crisis. :) So, uh, be yourself or something.

Gawd, you can tell I'm tired, eh?

Posted by Hyper

I remember Plynthe as a good member. [/input]

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Phlynthe]I had High quality posts and a grasp on what it meant to moderate.
"Had" and "to moderate"?

[quote]I also notice that some people may find me unlikable when I post this way. I post the way I do as a method of expression of myself the [...] I do shows that my thoughts on the matter are unfinished on the subject. I require that of myself to show that my methods are valid and shouldn't be laughed at.
It is annoying. Start expressing your opinions in a better stucture, plenty of other regular members manage to do it, why can't you?

Hard
Enters
Are
Not
The
Solution
To
Staying
Here.

You "posted this way" to inspire others to do the same? Just get your opinion out and allow others to respond for their own reasons. You aren't the inspirational officer of this forum and we don't need to be inspired in order to reply. I hardly imagine your "method" is even in the slightest way the reason anyone posts around here.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Dreadnought: Whether or not Raptor was being sarcastic doesn't change the fact that it was ridiculous and painful to read.
I will now soak my eyeballs in brack, brine and liquid hate to soothe the ache.

I am the distributor of pain and carburetor of sorrow
and when it becomes too much to take and I begin to break down
the useless filth of my loathsome soul will burst from my engine of hate
and through the gaping fissure you will see my blackened heart
then you will understand why I manufacture and sell these scars

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

This thread (and the one where you complain about no one liking you) is a pretty good example of why senior members pick on "n00bs". And that's "n00bs", not "new members".

Posted by Ant

Yiff Yiff Yiff

Posted by Jesse Smith

Oh my...this is a first...I agree with Raptor...if he was serious!!! Some one, hit me on da head with a hammer!!!!! Phlynthe, when Sabredog bans you, send me a PM and I'll unban you. He loves to ban new members that bring entertainment to da boards.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Sabredog's on strike, remember?

I'm not going to ban him either. I personally don't find him that bad. The self pity acts are so common these days, I fail to notice them.

Posted by Linko_16

Come to a forum to have fun for yourself. Don't come to a forum just because you wanted respect from the memberbase. If you want people who understand you, don't just show up someplace asking for compassion. Participate in their activities with the sole interest of fun and show you're something worth respecting that way.

Posted by Ant

People really shouldn't have to be told these things.

Posted by Raptor

Searching for respect on an internet discussion board. *Conehead laugh*

Quoting Jesse Smith: Oh my...this is a first...I agree with Raptor...if he was serious!!! Some one, hit me on da head with a hammer!!!!! Phlynthe, when Sabredog bans you, send me a PM and I'll unban you. He loves to ban new members that bring entertainment to da boards.

I was obviously being very serious, as anyone can plainly see!

Posted by sabre

Quoting Jesse Smith: Phlynthe, when Sabredog bans you, send me a PM and I'll unban you. He loves to ban new members that bring entertainment to da boards.

**** off, Jesse. Just **** right off. There's a difference between "entertaining" and "worthless spammer."

Posted by Dreadnought

so this one time i got insulted on the interwebz and i cryed 4 hours cuz it hurt u no and i felt bad cuz sum1 sez i'm a n00b but i'm not a n00b srsly.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Sabredog: There's a difference between "entertaining" and "worthless spammer."

er I don't unban da spammers, I just unban da poor, little innicent n00bies!!!! Now, be good!!!!! :D:D

Posted by Shade

[quote=Linko]Come to a forum to have fun for yourself. Don't come to a forum just because you wanted respect from the memberbase.

Yeah, I know. If I just wanted to be liked and respected I would have left long ago. ;)

Posted by PhlyntheKT

Important Note-This how I got my ORIGINAL rep. not that many of you remember that though.

Important Note - No one really cares. shut up.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

This is a vastly effective way to get a post-count up with out double-posting... y'know!

post count ftw

:rolleyes:

Posted by Xenos

You do realize, the more you talk about wanting a higher post count or reputation, the more people are going to hate you...?

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Why do we pick on the newer crowd? Could be for a few reasons. The most obvious is if they can actually convey a sense of intelligence to us. If that test is passed, typically they won't be harassed that much. However, the only member that's really even been successful in this situation ever has been Wicked Sushi, who actually had some original ideas, good grammer, and wit with just a twist of humor as well. Other than that, users are subjugated to the majority of us ganging up on them, well, simply because we can, and we know that the "friends" that we have here right now are obviously going to side with us rather than someone new. It's like it's always been said though, alot of people basically get off to putting others down, and it makes them feel superior getting a laugh. It's the principle of the *** complex idea, I guess.

Or at least that's my take on the situation, but I could be wrong altogether, it wouldn't be the first.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Phlynthe: This is a vastly effective way to get a post-count up with out double-posting... y'know!

... Oh, sorry, were you guys looking at this post to see if I had something to say? I don't really, I just wanted a bigger post count.

Posted by Shade

Haha, Linko ftw.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

Not really the point of that post but I know that if I replied like I used to that I'd still end up reading a bunch of sarcastic and infantile posts that would lead me to think that if I were actually new here that I'd probably quit thinking and then try to post the thing that first popped into my head. Even when I was a visiting member of the intelligence board I didn't get much respect from people with higher postcounts so really I just tried to help newbs although I'm a senior member.
[I notice that the grammar sucks and also the composition is lacking but I can't see why I shouldn't point that out before being made into a joke.]
[I won't fix that too soon. So, sorry youse guyziz]