I'm so lame.

Posted by mis0

I overslept this morning and was late to school. For the first time in my life. How... embarassing.

I don't think my alarm went off... maybe it did? I don't know.

Posted by brownoystercult

you're lame.

Posted by Lord of Spam

welcome to the club. I dont even remember who many times I've done that.

Posted by The Judge

When I got one of those clocks with the alarm as the bell and hammer, I actually threw it against my wall while asleep when it went off and ended up late for work.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I just tend to turn it off and then go back to sleep more than anything else, with forgetting to set it the night before coming in at #2.

Posted by Ant

Same here good buddy! I was late many many times back in the day to my first period :D AND THE TRADITION GOES ON TO THIS DAY WITH BEING LATE TO WORK!

Posted by sniper

My alarm clock causes me to be late often. Some ****ty programming causes the alarm to not go off if you set it to certain times. So, I have to make sure the time I set it to will actually go off, which means changing the actual time, which I do not care enough to do. I missed calculus because of that today. :(

Then there are the times where I wake up in a delirium and simply turn off the alarm and go back to sleep.

Posted by The Judge

No sense in getting a new clock.

Posted by Dreadnought

HAH! Nub. I sleep through entire DAYS at school. Jack can attest to the veracity of my claims. Being late for stuff is standard operating procedure.
I've only got one unlife, so I'm gonna spend it sleeping.

Posted by mis0

Being late isn't my thing. See the obsession thread in OT.

But, yeah. And stuff.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Pff, alarm clocks. They've never been able to wake me up unfortunately. I'm a very heavy sleeper, and I need someone to violently shake me awake.

And yeah, you're lame for thinking you're lame for being late. Back in school, I was never on time, or just didn't show up (easily over 100 lates, and I know I missed 60 days in grade twelve). Good times.

Posted by mis0

Shh.

I was awesome on my way over there, though. It was a legitimate excuse (to me at least) to floor it the entire way. Some girl from one of my classes asked if I drove "that red japan car", when I confirmed, said "your uh *** your gon kill ppl" to which I replied with a one-finger salute.

It also was an excuse to drink an un***ly quanity of soda today. I'm so burnt out; was wired.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Vampiro: Pff, alarm clocks. They've never been able to wake me up unfortunately. I'm a very heavy sleeper, and I need someone to violently shake me awake.

And yeah, you're lame for thinking you're lame for being late. Back in school, I was never on time, or just didn't show up (easily over 100 lates, and I know I missed 60 days in grade twelve). Good times.

Wowzerz, I'm surprised you managed to graduate

I'm fairly likeable and the vice-principle thought there were problems at home. So I didn't get into much trouble. Though I was close to an automatic expulsion (65 days and you're kicked out).

Posted by sniper

At my high school, being absent 15 days meant failure, unless you could convince the teacher to pass you. Unfortunately, "I can't wake up for ****" wouldn't cut it.

Posted by Darksong X

I kinda feel like being late to work. Not sure if that'd go over well or not.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Vampiro: I'm fairly likeable and the vice-principle thought there were problems at home. So I didn't get into much trouble. Though I was close to an automatic expulsion (65 days and you're kicked out).

Well, wouldn't missing 65 days be like missing one in every three days you're supposed to be at school?

Posted by Zeta

I'm a light-sleeper. I wake up easily, and always seem to wake up about half an hour before my alarm clock goes off. It fucking sucks. :(

Posted by Ant

Wow, your life must suck. Idiot.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Dreadnought: HAH! Nub. I sleep through entire DAYS at school. Jack can attest to the veracity of my claims. Being late for stuff is standard operating procedure.
I've only got one unlife, so I'm gonna spend it sleeping.

It's true. And hey, it's ****ing EASY to get days off for no reason - Methinks our dorm will have leprosy after GCSEs...

Posted by mis0

You little English prats. If I miss a week of school, my parents can get arrested, I lose my assets (car, stuff like that), and I get expelled.

Also, this semester, attendance is next to mandatory. Our teachers can fail us if they think we're being lazy, regardless of how good/bad our work is.

Posted by Ant

And you're a senior? Haven't they ever heard of senioritus? They went easy on us at the end for the most part.

Posted by mis0

They think it's their job to get us ready for the "rigours of college." Jerks.

Posted by Klarth

It doesn't count as missing school for us because we live there :cookie:

Quoted post: Well, wouldn't missing 65 days be like missing one in every three days you're supposed to be at school?

idk, most of the classes I was late for was math. :)

Quoted post: They think it's their job to get us ready for the "rigours of college." Jerks.

We just got more work, but the teachers took it easier on us. If we didn't hand something in, they didn't give a ****. That's how my school handled it. Oh, and they also focused more on lectures. Good thing I'm awesome at taking notes!