If you could help you friends live longer by...

Posted by PhlyntheKT

taking year off of your own life would you be able to do it...

Posted by Ant

Depends, how much longer am I going to make their life last, and for what reason am I going to lose a year of my life for?

If it was a good enough reason, and for a good amount of time on their part...then sure...a year isn't too bad.

Posted by Klarth

If there was a lot of space
in the field in which you were
entering your text, would you
use it or just have a very
annoying title which would
mean that people would have
to click on the thread to
actually know what it was?

It kinda depends how much longer they were going to live. A decade or two, sure, but not something like a week.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

A life traded for a few weeks?
No I think Equal exchange could be fair

Posted by Xenos

Stop quoting FMA. I see this "equivilant exchange" ordeal everywhere I go and it's getting on my nerves fast.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I think you may be too serious to answer this but You could expect to get 2 lives for one or something like that would you?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Depends on a number of factors. Would it be a year off of the current stange of my life? Would it be a year off the end? Having it come out of the good years makes it less likely, but if its off the older years, they suck anyway. Also, depends on why I was doing. If they were like, terminally ill or some thing and my loss of a year let them live a normal life, then sure, but if not, I dont see why I should.

This is a retarded thread, though. I'm going to have to side with Xenos.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

off of the end of it

Posted by Lord of Spam

Still retarded thread.

But probably yeah. I dont want to live through crappy old people years anyway.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

What if you could paid for those years say $1000 up front. (I want them)

Posted by Ant

I would do it just for the friend :/ But the money would be nice

Posted by PhlyntheKT

That sounds like such a pure hearted answer. Awww...weeps with joy.(not really tho, the weeping part)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Depends on many things. For example, whether s/he was still in pain for that entire year, or paralyzed, or whatever else that could be considered bad. Because yeah, I wouldn't if that were the case. Otherwise, I'm not exactly planning on living past sixty at this point, so I don't really care either way.

Posted by Raptor

No. My friends don't deserve to exist any longer than they are already destined to in this cold world full of despair and malaise.

Posted by Linko_16

Vampiro said more or less what I was thinking... it's entirely situational. Sometimes someone could really use another year, and sometimes someone should just pass on.

Posted by cas

only if they did it for me.

Posted by Linko_16

That would cancel it out entirely. You'd each have given up a year for each other and gained one in return.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

That was probably the point.

Posted by The Judge

Strange, I knew this thread would be made by you before I clicked it. How odd.

I'd only do it if my friend was in extreme pain and I had a long time to go.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

Weird a long time a go I started a lot of stuff in the flame board and also quite a few controversial threads which wheren't well recieved. Then you mention this...this is just what I seem to do here. If you don't like it I try to change that sounds fair right?

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

People don't like you, so you change who you are! **** good idea, kid.

As to the question, I'd probably do it anyway. By the time I got to the end of my life, what is a year going to do? Mind you, I'd be sure to ask them about it first. If they didn't want an extra year I'm not going to force it onto them.