Your Greatest Achievements

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

In a video game, of course.

In every game, there's some kind of higher objective. A special reward, an amazing show of skill, a tough stage... I have quite a few memorable experiences:

Advance Wars: The normal campaign is a toughie as it is, but beating it on Expert mode was really something else. I was stuck on the final mission for two years, and then one day, I suddenly beat it. OMGZ all round.

Unreal Tournament 2004: 9 rampages in one game... Needless to say, I was on fire that day. Headshot!

Super Mario: The Lost Levels: Actually getting reasonably far in it.

Pokémon Blue and Pokémon Sapphire: Completing the PokéDex.

Metroid Prime: Earning the 100% ending. Suprisingly, spending two months hunting for every missle and health expansion didn't tire me that much. Prime's enviroments always leave me in awe. It's a shame that Samus wasn't all that pretty in 3D...

Posted by Ant

Psh, I BEAT Lost Levels...noob.

I recall beating SMB1 in 10 1/2 minutes. That's playing thru every single level, no warps.

I have very impressive speed runs on the Sonic&Shadow levels of SA2.

Beat Viewtiful Joe in Ultra Viewtiful mode.

All trophies in SSBM(I'm not sure if it's that big a deal, but still)

And there are probably many others I'm forgetting :cool:

Posted by Klarth

Completed the Pokedex in Pokémon Red and Gold.

Completed the original Doom in sixteen minutes (all three episodes).

Completed Quake II in 28:44.

100% in GTA: San Andreas.

100% in GTA: Liberty City Stories.

Getting a 68 hit combo with Chipp in Guilty Gear XX#Reload.

Got to survival mode level 447 in Guilty Gear XX#Reload (using Ky).

Beat Metroid Fusion in less than two hours (never wrote down the actual time).

oh and i totally shot some guy in the head in counter striek lol

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[QUOTE=Klarth]Completed the Pokedex in Pok

Posted by Klarth

I just did a speed-run on a flight from Bergerac to Gatwick, and managed to finish it just before they told us to switch off electronic stuff. Whaddaya mean by "broke sequence", anyway?

And yeah, I played GTA for maybe two weeks straight with my brother over christmas. All the pimping missions, taxi, ambulance, flight school, etc etc. It wasn't worth it. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Klarth: I just did a speed-run on a flight from Bergerac to Gatwick, and managed to finish it just before they told us to switch off electronic stuff. Whaddaya mean by "broke sequence", anyway?

Sequence breaking is basically a common practice in Metroid. It means you collect certain powerups before or after you're supposed to. Miss out the screw attack, and go straight for the ice beam, for instance. Or get the morph ball before the missles...

Posted by PhlyntheKT

beat a world record once...then someone turned the system off

Posted by Lord of Spam

Lies dont make you cool.

I havent really done much impressive stuff video game wise. I dont feel the need to try to outdo people when it comes to that; I just enjoy playing them. fighting games are different, but I'm not really outstanding against the PC. That being said, I'm pretty sure I could beat the vast majority of the people here at SC2.

Edit: Almsot forgot, got 100% in Gran Turismos 1, 2, and VERY far into 3 (think 98ish). Well, thechnically I didnt get 100% in 2, but thats only because due to a glitch its impossible.

Posted by Xenos

Quoting Phlynthe: beat a world record once...then someone turned the system off

liek wat?

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I wasn't lying it took me the whole night to do it so I paused it and went to eat breakfast and there went my proof

Posted by Crazy K

I really can't say any trully great achievements. I can say that im really good at the WWE Smackdown games. But other then that I really can't say I did anything else that great in gaming besides beat a game.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Lord of Spam]
Edit: Almsot forgot, got 100% in Gran Turismos 1, 2, and VERY far into 3 (think 98ish). Well, thechnically I didnt get 100% in 2, but thats only because due to a glitch its impossible.
Wasn't a glitch. Sony released an early build of the game by accident.

Posted by GameMiestro

-Finishing all of the 300+ missions on Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
-Getting lv. 99 characters on Mario and Luigi: Super Starsaga
-Beating Super Mario World in 12 minutes flat
-And this, which was a constant source of frustration for weeks afterwards...
[IMG]http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/471a200d93.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Is that the First Hunt demo?!

:o

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=The X]Is that the First Hunt demo?!

:o

Yeah... not sure what the ":o " means, though.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting GameMiestro: I'm f[COLOR="White"]uc[/COLOR]king awesome at Metroid

Why was such a great high score frustrating?

:cool:

Posted by s0ul

Was #1 in el world ni Crimson Skies for a week, and Number 128 in FFA in Halo 2 when stand-bying was at its worst. :)

Posted by Speedfreak

Erasing my Gamecube memory card. Twice.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Speedfreak: Erasing my Gamecube memory card. Twice.

Mine had to be formatted, once. I corrupted the data through kicking it across my hall for my brother to catch. Stupid, I know, but the Nintendo Seal of Quality lead me to believe otherwise.

I lost my Animal Crossing town.

:(

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=The X]Why was such a great high score frustrating?

:cool:

[URL="http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=11767&page=3&highlight=dissapointment"][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#800080]http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=11767&page=3&highlight=dissapointment[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
[URL="http://www.cyberscore.net/chart-2127.php"][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#800080]http://www.cyberscore.net/chart-2127.php[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]ANYways

Posted by Linko_16

I don't really go for records in games. There are only a few things I can brag about, like getting 100% in a few of them. I did beat Lost Levels, though.

Posted by maian

I've done a lot, but not a lot comes to mind at the moment. However, I have gotten all the AX items in F-Zero GX, without using the AX machine. That is no easy task. =/

..Beating every storymode level on very hard >_> Not to mention I unlocked every racer's CG video, which means beating a master cup. Too bad I accidently wiped my memory. =/ Luckily, my custom machine didn't go.

Posted by Alastor

Killing a snail in MapleStory.

But really, none come to mind, since I usually just try to beat the game normally instead of trying to get everything. I do recall some very good Halo 2 matches, though. I would pull up the pages to each game, but I don't want to go digging through the pages of my bungie archive on dialup. One was a 4 vs 4 on Ascension, where I came out with 25-1 using the BR and sniper rifle, and the other was a 2 vs 2 on Ivory Tower with 15-0 using mostly the sword and rockets.

That and beating a level 40 (other team) and besting a level 44 (my team) respectively in Team Snipers. Those were fun matches.

Posted by Zeta

Beat SA2: B with all 180 emblems.

...I really can't think of anything else. :(

Posted by Prince Shondronai

32,000+ lines on The New Tetris on N64 in one sitting. Took a good hour and a half. It's nice that you never get sick of the music from that game, though.

I suppose my greatest achievement in life counts, too. I opened my own video arcade at the mall after the Aladdin's Castle that I was the manager of for 3 years closed. Check out my sig for details. I've had a good degree of success with the place the way I'm running it so far, too.

Posted by D.J Cat

Getting to the hidden world in Bomberman 64 by collecting all 100 gold cards.
And then being stuck on the 2nd last level since then (6-7 years...)

Completely dominating a season in International Superstar Soccer 64.
I won every game and kicked well over 1000 goals in 75 matches.
I could show the proof but no one probably cares.

Super Mario 64, getting over 2000 coins (2006 coins for memory).

Making a decent map in Unreal Tournament. :cool:
Also making a number of good maps in Red Alert 2 that people actaully downloaded and enjoyed.

Posted by Fox McCloud

I unlocked all characters in Budokai 3 and I unlocked all teams is NFL Street 2.

Posted by ShiroiHikari

Lets see...

Killing 1 member of the TiB clan in Call of Duty three times in a row... (they are tough! the most renowned clan in CoD)

Beating the main Story in FFXI! Also getting lvl 60 samurai with all my Artifact armor!

Beating lost levels... not a big deal.. but hey! i did it...

Beat LoZ:Link to the past in 16 hrs.

Thats all i can think of now... maybe more later :P

Posted by Keael

Eh... I don't want to use my brain right now, so I'll just say the one that comes to mind at this moment. Assault Accountant is the calculator level in WW:T, right? Well, here's my score:

http://cyberscore.net/chart-10938.php

Almost beat the other dude's score...

Posted by CheekayChops

Star Oean III: Till the end of time - I actually managed to get all the battle trophies in this game..It took me a LONG time to get them all.

Devil May Cry 3: Completeing dante must die mode was probably one of the biggest acheivements in my gaming history as that mode is extremely hard for average gamers.

Final Fantasy X-2 - Gaining 100% after losing my patience with the game over and over...

Final Fantasy X - Defeating all the dark aeons and penance without the help of yojimbo's one hit kill

Tekken Tag: I can vaguely remember a survival mode where it would get harder and harder through the stages and wouldn't stop until you were defeated. I think I got to 45 wins.

Posted by Stalolin

I got past the motorbike part in Battletoads once.