question

Posted by MGamer

do you guys play these games normally or do you usually use a walkthrough or something?

Posted by Linko_16

No Zelda game really needs a walkthrough.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

I can understand people using a walkthrough on Majora's Mask, especially on the Great Bay Temple. I used a walkthrough on that.

Posted by Colonel

Well i never EVER use a walkthrough on a LoZ game, and the Great Bay Temple i beat it when i was 7, i just winged it through the whole temple. Although the part where you have to kill the eels as Zora form made me cry. So all in all if you read and follow along theres no need for walkthroughs

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Great Bay Temple was hell. It was the Water Temple of Majora's Mask.

The Water Temple was the only time I've ever used a walkthrough for a Zelda game, excluding a bit of help I got finding the rarer masks in MM.

Posted by Zeta

I had absolutely no trouble with the Great Bay and Water Temples.

I only use Walkthroughs when I need to get some missing Heart Pieces, and stuff like that.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Oh yes, I used a walkthrough on the Water Temple in OoT too. I was warned that if I didn't, I'd end up throwing my system out the window. I didn't think it was that extreme, but it was a pain.

Posted by Xqars

When I first play a Zelda game, I like to just play through it with no help. After that I play it again with a walkthrough so I can get stuff like heart pieces, item quantity upgrades, etc.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Water Temple in OoT and finding one of the last few heart pieces in WW. Otherwise, no, I don't use them. Kinda takes all the fun out of Zelda games.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

:spoiler:

Let me guess, the one on that random cannon boat that's in like the middle of no where with no clue what-so-ever to it being there. Took me forever to find that one.

Hah, yeah. That sounds about right.

Posted by Destructoid

I remember needing some help in the Dark World of the super Nintendo zelda and to find the keys in the fourth palace of Zelda 2, but the later games seem to have been easier somehow. Second quest on Zelda 1 was also super tricky without a map

Posted by Linko_16

I confess that, from Jubba-Jubba's belly and onward, I did use a guide to complete OoT. I was 11 or so, and significantly worse at videogames. All the same, I deeply regret it... such a wonderful game, and I ruined all the fun by not figuring stuff out myself.

Posted by Ant

I did on OoT (young and stupid is my reason as well). Only in some small parts though. Then on MM I used it on, of course, the great bay area. As for Wind Waker, I used it once somewhere, I don't really recall where though. I was just being lazy. :(

Posted by juliebriggs

i have the players guides for both n64 zeldas, but ive never used either. it really does ruin the game.

I have the players guide ofr all three. Don't think I used them (maybe in MM?), but they came free with the games and had badass posters. So whatever.

Posted by Linko_16

My one claim to glory in OoT is that, later, I found all the Gold Skullitas myself, no infinte tolken trick or anything (despite the persuasions from my brother).

Posted by Xero

Quoting MGamer: do you guys play these games normally or do you usually use a walkthrough or something?

Well I had to check a zelda guide on a website for OoT, cuz I got stuck in the water temple. I also use it for finding the peices of heart, its handy.

Posted by muffla

i used a walthru on WW when you had to find all the broken pices of the triforce on your boat

Posted by andrewg

NO WALKTHOUGHS!

thats just lame. i usually figure out what to do eventually. the legdn of zelda for the NES took me about a week to complete because I had to figure all the stuff out... and i was trying to beat the game fast...

OOT was hard without a walkthrough, i kept going to the same places over and over, but i did beat the agme and find every heart peice eventually.

Posted by Xero

Quoting andrewg:
OOT was hard without a walkthrough, i kept going to the same places over and over, but i did beat the agme and find every heart peice eventually.

Wow...How many hours did you spend stuck in the game? :eek:

Posted by juliebriggs

i consider some of the players guides to be quite collectable. espically for the 16 bit snes rpg releases

Posted by Zeta

I can understand how some people had problems with the Water Temple, but come on, the Great Bay Temple!? The first time I played through that I beat it in about an hour, all the Stray Fairies, and no walkthroughs!

Posted by Xero

Quoting Zeta: I can understand how some people had problems with the Water Temple, but come on, the Great Bay Temple!? The first time I played through that I beat it in about an hour, all the Stray Fairies, and no walkthroughs!

The great bay temple wasen't that hard. I did manage it without a guide. Even the fairies where easy to find, there weren't any secret walls hiding them.

Posted by Linko_16

The Great Bay Temple was fun! In most dungeons, it's just room-to-room puzzles, but the way the pipes and flow of water effected the entire area was downright brilliant.

I remember having one of my "hunches" in the Great Bay Temple. Mostly when I was younger, and my brother and I got stuck on videogames a lot easier, there'd be parts where we just had no idea how to progress. Occasionally, though, I'd have what we came to call one of my "hunches," which was basically an idea of how to get past that part of the game that I was positively sure would work... sure enough, anytime I declared something a "hunch," it ended up working. In this case, I figured out that to get past the pillar of water blocking the way, you had to freeze it with the ice arrows. Probably not that amazing of a revelation to you guys, but when I was 12, I felt quite brilliant.

Posted by Zeta

We definately need more 'whole-dungeon' puzzles like GB Temple's! =P

Fun Fact: It took my cousin and I about a week to figure out how to beat King Dodongo. >_>;

Posted by andrewg

Quoting Flame ghost: Wow...How many hours did you spend stuck in the game? :eek:

I beat the game in 5 days i think, with about 3 hours everyday, maybe less. i was stuck for a few hours going in circles, and did things out of order i would guess.

it took me 2 days to figure out something in the water temple though. it was really annoying. i think i got 2 heart peices the way the game didn't want me to, but thats ok, like i jumped off the edge of a cliff to get one located high up on top of something.

Posted by Azure Wolf

Quoting Linko_16: but when I was 12, I felt quite brilliant.

Yah! When I was first playing OoT with my two girlfriends, we, with no guide and a hate of talking to random people, went up to Jabu Jabu, fish in pocket and just kinda stared at it a while. The person controlling Link kept slashing him, but he wouldn't move.It was at that moment I suggested we try giving him the fish, and then running in his mouth as fast as we could when he went to bite the fishy. The girls were both skeptical and were reluctant to give up the fish that took thier newbie selves so long to catch.
I was surprized when he opened his mouth and sucked us in. I didn't think it would work. I lived it up that whole rest of the day.

Posted by Linko_16

Ha, the fish was one of my hunches, too. More of an immediate hunch, rather than the usual stuck-for-a-while-but-then-it-dawns-on-me hunch.

Posted by Forbidden Toast

I think the best feeling in the world comes from spending hours trying to figure something out and then finally getting it yourself.

The way I feel, anyways, is that you don't get much gratification from using a walkthrough. It makes the game go by much faster than it has to and you don't feel as good when you're finished. :/

I love games with puzzles, they're so fun! I think I have to be stuck for at least a good long while before I resort to cheating. Or, at least, I like to call it cheating becuase it kills the point of the puzzle even being there. ^_^;

Posted by Azure Wolf

Yeah cuz when you finnaly get one of those puzzles done you feel like your a friggen genous and that no one could POSSIBLY ever have gotten it done in so little time as you...then you move on to the next puzzle or game and you go....dwuh....what?
Edit:...genous....lol

Posted by ad_man63

I used one a bit for the Water Temple in OoT and was tempted in Great Bay Temple, but didn't.

Other then that, I never have.

Posted by Ice Link8

the water temples are probley the hardest ever

Posted by Dog

I've only used a walktrough for Majora's Mask, but only for the side quests and Heart pieces.

Posted by Viccica

I always thought the Jabu Jabu thing was easy to figure out, as there is no other purpose for the fish. =p

Never used a manual except for the water temple, but I ended up tossing it because I got sick of reading. I used the keys I got and prayed to *** that there wasn't another locked door behind it.