New Releases?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Although I'm pretty tied up with DS games at the moment - Metroid Prime, Tetris DS, Advance Wars, and Phoenix Wright - what games can we expect to see in the future? I really love my little silver box, and with quite a lot of money to blow right now, I was wondering if there's any quality games on the horizon? All I know of right now is the New Super Mario Bros...

:cool:

Posted by Shade

The new Harvest Moon comes out in June, can't wait for that.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Shade: The new Harvest Moon comes out in June, can't wait for that.

I didn't even know there was a Harvest Moon game for the DS! Sweet. I loved it on the N64...

Posted by GameMiestro

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]THE LIST OF IMPORTANT GAMES THAT HAVE REASONABLE EVIDENCE THAT THEY WILL ACTUALLY BE CREATED:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]-A Boy and his Blob (remake)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]-Multiple “Brain Age” games[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]-A Boktai game[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]-Children of Mana[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]-Dragon Quest Monsters (and another game, with a suspiciously similar title)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]-Final Fantasy III, and a Crystal Chronicles game[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]-“Jam with the Band”[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]-Zelda: Four Swords[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]-Scurge: Hive[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]-A Guilty Gear sequel[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]-Magnetica[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]-Something based off of a PS2 game called ChoroQ.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]-All the obvious games, like New Super Mario Bros, Pokemon, and Harvest Moon[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]I am particually interested in the “Jam with the Band” (tentative title, literally speaking) game, since I’ve always thought that the DS would be perfect for Electroplankton like madness, except with real instruments. The last good DJ imitator I can remember was on the Game Boy Camera (there was an article in Nintendo Power recently, which was cool), and that severely suffered from the limits in technology at the time. Also, I want the Boy and his Blob remake, since that’s the only game my mom was fond of playing, which gives it a bit of nostalgic value.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]I’ve seen Magnetica, and it looks great. Apparently, this was based off of an old arcade game in Japan that US gamers have never seen the likes of. You have to correctly shoot marbles at a quickly moving row of marbles in order to (you guessed it) create matches, deleting part of the stack. For now, though, my puzzle gaming urges are fulfilled with Meteos and an old copy of Tetris (not that new-fangled remake, mind you).[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]There’s yet ANOTHER Four Swords remake, which will be released in America on June 1. The dates for the Japan and European releases haven’t been decided yet, which is a good indication they’ll have to wait :wink: . Oh, and Guilty Gear will be released on the 18’th. If you like the series, you should be satisfied.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]You have more GameCube based sequels (Super Mario 64 DS being the first). Crystal Chronicles, of course, would work great with wi-fi play. There’s also Scurge: Hive, which I’m not so sure about (having never played it). I’ve left out some of the other sequels, but believe me, they are coming.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]Finally, you have all the random Square-Enix remakes. Why don’t they just make a **** new handheld game for once? Yes, FFTA was nice, but we’ve passed to the DS now, and I hoped that the Final Fantasy remakes would stay where they belong- on the GBA. The Slim Mori Mori Dragon Quest game sounds idiotic (you control a Slime, literally, to do random, non RPG related tasks) but at least it’s somewhat original. I can’t find any information at all about the Dragon Quest Monsters game, which annoys me, but I figure that it’s just a souped up version of the GBC version.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]I still am waiting for a Counter Strike clone to play over wi-fi. MP:H can only go so far to satisfy gamers desires to splatter random opponents against a wall with a machine gun. And where’s that Starcraft sequel for the DS? For now though, the future seems to be looking bright (lol Boktai pun).[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Children of Mana, New SMB, and Zelda: PH are the only games that come to mind currently.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Vampiro: Zelda: PH

Me wants.. :(

Posted by XxLionheartXx

lost magic