Ever forget the controls during a game?

Posted by Keael

It can cost you your life. It cost me many lifes in total. Just recently got murdered by some basterds in MGS2 by forgetting the controls. Ah well. How bout you?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

While in the middle of playing it? No. Though I have forgotten Splinter Cell controls after not playing it for a few months if that counts.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Not really in the middle of a game, like a mental blackout or something, but I quite often start up a game I haven't played in a while and find I have unlearned all that I have learned. Especially in Smash Brothers. :(

Quoted post: Especially in Smash Brothers.

That's a game I can never seem to forget.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Vampiro: That's a game I can never seem to forget.

Not me. Although I know which button does which, I can never remember which combination performs which move.

I suppose it would be a lot worse in Street Fighter, though...

Posted by Dexter

I was playing Oblivion earlier and I forgot what button was jump while in the midst of a great battle and I was worried of hitting the wrong button and putting my weapon away by accident. It did cost me my life because I sat there doing nothing but trying to figure out what was the right button.

Bring back the NES controller. :(

Oh yeah, Oblivion. I tend to keep thinking the start button brings up the menu. Wastes a second or two, but otherwise no big deal.

Posted by Dexter

I often hit the middle Xbox controller menu button when I reach for the start button. :(

Posted by GameMiestro

I've never really forgotten the controls to any of the game's I've played... though I did once find different key settings for the same game on multiple computers, and I wondered why I kept switching weapons when I pressed the "fire" button that I was used to.

Posted by Linko_16

Not me personally, but my friend just recently started playing my copy of Kingdom Hearts and keeps confusing the jump and attack buttons after every cut scene.

Posted by Ant

No.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

On occasion. But very rarely.

Posted by Fate

I switch consoles very often and I play several games for the same console at one time (multiple PS2 games and multiple 360 games, perhaps two GC games), and since each game has different controller settings, I forget easily. It wears off after about ten minutes.

Posted by Brandon Heat

No, but I have grabbed a gamecube cotroller to play X-box.

Posted by spinning leaf

Quoting Fate: I switch consoles very often and I play several games for the same console at one time (multiple PS2 games and multiple 360 games, perhaps two GC games), and since each game has different controller settings, I forget easily. It wears off after about ten minutes.

I definitely have this same problem.

The worst is after playing Katamari for a few weeks and then going back to basically any other game that requires the use of more than the two PS joysticks...

Posted by basterd

play gawd of war I had a block then when I was playing san andreas I needed to go left and I kept going right and I died.

Posted by Zeta

It took me a while to grow accustomed to the controls for Halo and Metroid Prime. I kept forgetting how to throw grenades, and switch visors, and stuff.

And since I was accustomed to the GCN controller before I played an XBox, I always got the B and X buttons mixed up.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Keael]It can cost you your life. It cost me many lifes in total. Just recently got murdered by some basterds in MGS2 by forgetting the controls. Ah well. How bout you?

Ditto, MGSs controls usually piss me off. Especially since the game seems reluctant to actually tell you what they are.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Brandon Heat: No, but I have grabbed a gamecube cotroller to play X-box.

I think everyone has done that at least once.

Posted by Klarth

I do that frequently, but that may be because I actually own an adapter. It's a lot more fun playing Fable with a GCN controller.

I've been occasionally forgetting controls for Guilty Gear XX, but that's probably because I've only been playing for a week.

Quoted post: I think everyone has done that at least once.

Not I.

Posted by Linko_16

That's because you're boring.

Posted by Keael

[quote=Klarth]I do that frequently, but that may be because I actually own an adapter. It's a lot more fun playing Fable with a GCN controller.

I've been occasionally forgetting controls for Guilty Gear XX, but that's probably because I've only been playing for a week.
I had a chance to get a converter to play gamecube with a PS2 controller, but I didn't have enough cash. When I finally had enough, it was gone. Also, good job, you lagged my computer with that sig of yours. I need a new compy...

Posted by Crazy K

The only time I forget controls is not playing a certain game in a long period of time. Games like WWE Smackdown I will never forget because I play it so much.