Favorite Guitar Solo's

Posted by Axis

[COLOR=Black]What are your favorite guitar solo's? Heres a list of mine.

Trapped Under Ice(Solo 1:0:35-0:46, Solo 2 1:09-1:22, Solo 3 2:56-3:08): I like the speed of all of these solos. The first one is pretty crazy in my opinion, even though its not that hard for my friend to play.

Damage, Inc (Solo 1 3:41-4:35)- Definitely my favorite solo from Metallica. This solo wants me even more to get a guitar for my birthday coming up. I know I wouldnt be able to play this for a freaking long time but It'd be worth the wait.

Eruption- My friend can play most of this song, its pretty **** cool to listen too. Favorite part in this is from 1:00-1:25. I heard this song and it gave me more respect for Van Halen, usually I didnt recognize him as a really good guitarist (I know, shame on me) until I heard this song and a few of his others.

When I was at the guitar shop playing some solos I got a ton of respect for bands out there, especially when I hear solo's from Trapped Under Ice, Damage Inc., Eruption, etc. So now that Ive been typing this, Ive decided that Im going to be getting a guitar for my birthday coming up.

Aside from this, what are your favorite guitar solos? You dont have to list a reason why or anything.
[/COLOR]

Posted by MetalVox~55

Eek....way too many to list.

Intro to Smoke and Mirrors ~ Symphony X

Fatal Tragedy dual-solo by Petrucci and Rudess ~ Dream Theater

Crystal Planet ~ Joe Satriani

Speeding [Vault Version] intro ~ Steve Vai

Far Beyond the Sun ~ Yngwie Malmsteen

Paradigm Shift and Acid Rain ~ Liquid Tension Experiment

I could go on and on :(

Posted by Ch

Theres a few but i'll name the essentials

The Wizard- Black Sabbath

Reelin' In The Years- Steely Dan

Voodoo Chile- Hendrix

Crazy Babies- Ozzy

Oye Como Va- Santana

Everyday I Have The Blues- B.B King

Posted by Richaod

The Four Horsemen - Metallica (Kirk Hammett)
Fatal Tragedy - Dream Theater (John Petrucci)
Honor Thy Father - Dream Theater (simply for the weird bends and effects)
The Thing That Should Not Be - Metallica (yet again strange effects)
Open Your Eyes - Alter Bridge (Mark Tremonti)

I'm sure I can think of more, but that's it for now. They're not all necessarily for pure skill.

Posted by Crazy Canuck

Mr. Crowley - Ozzy (Rhodes)
Tornado of Souls - Megadeth (Friedman)
Hanger 18 - Megadeth (Mustaine/Friedman)
Hook in Mouth - Megadeth (Young)
Tender Surrender - Steve Vai
Sea of Lies - Symphony X (Romeo)
Fade to Black - Metallica (Hamster)
Universal Mind - LTS (Petrucci)
Black Star - Yngwie Malmsteen
Down to my last - Alter Bridge (Tremonti)

Those are a few that come to mind quickly.

Posted by Burn

Wow...outta my league.... I was going to say We Will Rock You by Queen...

Posted by Ch

Quoting Burn: Wow...outta my league.... I was going to say We Will Rock You by Queen...

It doesn't matter, man. If it's your favorite go ahead, say it. It's music.

I have another to add to my list which is Lenny By SRV

Posted by auzzman5151

Slither-Velvet Revolver

Or any solo done by Slash. Preferably when he was in GNR but i give him points for his work in Slither.

Posted by Shade

Can't really remember many of the solo's I've heard. But right now my favorite is the one in Stairway to Heaven.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Ride the Lightning - Metallica

Long *** solo. Not too hard to play, but very trying on your endurance. I love it!

Cemetary Gates - Pantera

Again, not difficult, but compliments the song perfectly. You know how some guitarists will pull out an incredible solo when it really doesn't go well with the song? This solo is not that way.

Apology - Feion Castor

Did you think that I'd make such a list without including myself?

Master of Puppets - Metallica

Specifically, the first part before the "Fix me baby". The harmony of the two guitars is so entrancing, and absolutely well placed.

You know, that's the biggest problem with guitar solos. They're challenging, and incredible, but just not well placed anymore. Bands will just put these mad solos in places where they just dont' compliment the rest of the song as well as they could if they were toned down a bit.

Feion

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Michael Romeo's solo in "Of Sins and Shadows" and for some reason the terribly easy soloes in Megadeth's Duke Nukem theme really get me going

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Shade32: But right now my favorite is the one in Stairway to Heaven.

Oh my. I deserve to have much pain inflicted upon myself for forgetting that one.

Posted by Crazy Canuck

Quoting Richaod: Oh my. I deserve to have much pain inflicted upon myself for forgetting that one.

Same here. *slap*

Posted by Burn

Quoting User 245: It doesn't matter, man. If it's your favorite go ahead, say it. It's music.

I have another to add to my list which is Lenny By SRV

It was kind of a joke. I guess I wasn't in the modd to think that much, it popped in my head. Is a good solo, but doesn't compare to some others like:

Stairway to Heaven - Led Zep
Antelope - Phish
Little Wing - Jimi

and more...