MMBN6 To Be The FINAL MMBN For The West!?

Posted by Dark Link

[quote]Jack Out...For Good?
Mega Man Battle Network 6, the game that is said to be the last BN game released in the West, is confirmed to be released June '06 for North America, and June 16th in Europe. Since Mega Man Battle Network 5 was re-released on DS as a combination, the same might occur with this title, but no word on it yet.

I really hope it's not true. The battle network series is my favorite series...next to the X series.
At least we're getting the game in 2 months :D

Posted by Minesweeper

I've known that since it was announced. XP But since I've heard a veeeeery interesting (which is to say, fuggin' cool) rumor about the ending of EXE6, it's entirely possible they've got future plans. :3 I don't want to say anything else, though. XP If I'm wrong, I'll look stupid. If I'm right, it'll give away a really, REALLY huge spoiler. xP So, my lips are sealed. <.< >.>

Hell, even the anime seems to be on it's last legs. They ran Beast (series 4 - EXE, Axess, Stream, Beast) in 25 episodes. T__T They're now running a new incarnation, Beast Plus, in 15-minute episodes for an undetermined number of episodes. And, they're 15-minute episodes that sound like they're going to be really, REALLY rushing the storyline. XP

*EDIT* BTW, I forgot to mention that while 15-minute episodes are fairly common in Japan, it's a major blow to the series as far as the fans are concerned. We LIKE the 30-minute variety. ^.^;

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Minesweeper]I've known that since it was announced. XP But since I've heard a veeeeery interesting (which is to say, fuggin' cool) rumor about the ending of EXE6, it's entirely possible they've got future plans. :3 I don't want to say anything else, though. XP If I'm wrong, I'll look stupid. If I'm right, it'll give away a really, REALLY huge spoiler. xP So, my lips are sealed. <.< >.>

Hell, even the anime seems to be on it's last legs. They ran Beast (series 4 - EXE, Axess, Stream, Beast) in 25 episodes. T__T They're now running a new incarnation, Beast Plus, in 15-minute episodes for an undetermined number of episodes. And, they're 15-minute episodes that sound like they're going to be really, REALLY rushing the storyline. XP

*EDIT* BTW, I forgot to mention that while 15-minute episodes are fairly common in Japan, it's a major blow to the series as far as the fans are concerned. We LIKE the 30-minute variety. ^.^;

Future plans as in something like, merging storylines with ZX or an entirely new game? At least tell us that much.

Posted by CS Ryan

You said "last game to be released in the West." Do you mean that there are going to be more in Japan?

Posted by Minesweeper

@somewhat:: I don't think so. T__T But if I recall, the wording of the original Japanese announcement could indicate future plans (if read with the sheer optimism of a die-hard fan), be they continuing the BN series or doing something new.

Quoting Stalolin: Future plans as in something like, merging storylines with ZX or an entirely new game? At least tell us that much.

No, I think ZX follows Zero. The Battle Network series is completely seperate from the others.

My guess (strictly a hopeful fan-guess, BTW) is that, if they decide the fans will tar and fsck them if they don't do SOMETHING with the BN series, they will... do something with the BN series. [SIZE="1"]*attempts to flee and is shot* xP[/SIZE]

As for what I think they'll do... well, if I say anything it will potentially ruin the ending of EXE6, and I value my life too much to risk it, so you ain't getting any more out of me. :3 If you REALLY want to ruin the ending and form a hypothesis of your own, go hunt down a complete walkthrough with spoilers. =)

Of course, knowing Capcom, there's a real (and good) chance they'll end the series altogether and try to go out with a bang . T__T And if they do that, I'll never buy a Capcom game again. D=<

[SIZE="1"]*DISCLAIMER* I'm just guessing here. I could be wrong, or info could change. Take my guesses as just that - guesses. >.>[/SIZE]

Posted by Zeta

I predict MegaMan X Battle Network, or MegaMan Battle Network X, or whatever.

Posted by Klarth

And we'll have MMBNZ after that, right?

And then MMBNZX?

And then MMBNZX5?

And then a remake of each of them on a handheld coming out fifteen years from now?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Is this because they're running out of ways to make Lan forget how to use Battlechips at the beginning of every game?

:o

Posted by Red

haha, no I'm pretty sure they still have plenty of stupid ways

Posted by Minesweeper

@Zeta/Klarth:: Good God, I hope not. ^^;; [SIZE="1"](Except for the remakes in fifteen years thing. That'd be cool. XD)[/SIZE]

Quoting The X: Is this because they're running out of ways to make Lan forget how to use Battlechips at the beginning of every game?

:o

XD

Posted by CS Ryan

It's the same tutorial every time too. I've memorized it.

Posted by Zeta

Yeah, they really need to stop putting that tutorial in the games. It's really started to tick me off.

@Klarth: Don't forget MegaMan Zero Xtreme Battle Network Legends X & Bass Command Mission!

Posted by lanzer

well i heard it was the last game for the GBA not the last game ever. well maybe its better this way its had a good run and maybe the'll make a spin off if it ends the right way.

Posted by Zeta

I still want to see the glory of a Chill Penguin.exe.

Posted by Linko_16

Other Mega Man series weren't much longer.

Posted by Dark Link

Quoting Linko_16: Other Mega Man series weren't much longer.

Except for the X Series :p:
I've heard that MMX9 is being made.

[quote=somewhat117]You said "last game to be released in the West." Do you mean that there are going to be more in Japan?

Yeah. That just means if you want MMBN7+, you'll have to import them from now on.

Then again...this entire 'MMBN6 = Last game?' stuff is still rumored...it's not official, yet. Unless it WAS official long ago :(

but hey! a MMBN X Style would be interesting! Rival could be Zero or Axl (EX megaman and Protoman) and of course Sigma would be the final boss.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Dark Link: Except for the X Series :p:
I've heard that MMX9 is being made.

Maybe, but we all wanted it to end after the sixth.

Posted by Alastor

A MMBNX might be possible. A friend of mine's got ideas out the wazoo for just such a game.

Zero's already got an EXE counterpart, which was kinda poorly done, I think, since it barely resembles him at all. Unless it resembles some akward form of him from the X games, in which case, excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject. Never got into the X series that much.

Quoting Linko_16: Maybe, but we all wanted it to end after the sixth.

Truth. I never even played that much of the series, and I can't help but agree.

Posted by CS Ryan

I've got an idea for that as well.

Posted by Dark Link

Quoting somewhat117: I've got an idea for that as well.

If you've got an Idea, then why didn't you just post it? You just spammed right now :mad:
(Only because you said you had an idea, but never posted it)

Posted by CS Ryan

It would be too long. I don't have the time, patience or motivation to post it here. I'm not asking for opinions.

Posted by Dark Link

Quoting somewhat117: It would be too long. I don't have the time, patience or motivation to post it here. I'm not asking for opinions.

Then WHY THE F*CK ARE YOU POSTING THIS SH*T!?
First you said you had an Idea..."ok that's cool what is it?"
What's that? You don't have the time to post a super long post about your idea?
Then why the hell are you even posting Seriously!?
You're just spamming now and raising post count! GG:mad: