Recommendations?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

After a long period in broken-CD-drive-exile, I'm getting back into the PC gaming scene - does anyone have good recommendations? My computer is fairly modern (3Ghz processor, 512MB RAM, 128MB graphics), so how new the game is shouldn't be an issue for me. Most genres interest me - among my current favourites are Age of Empires III, The Sims 2, Unreal Tournament 2004, and World of Warcraft...

:cool:

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Oblivion. That's all you need for a good while.

Posted by Dog

halo. definitly halo..i hate the fact that i own it and my computers video card sucks so i cant play it :'(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Shdig: halo. definitly halo..i hate the fact that i own it and my computers video card sucks so i cant play it :'(

I already have Halo for the Xbox. :cool:

Quoting Vampiro: Oblivion. That's all you need for a good while.

I was considering it, but Morrowind never really drew me in as much as I expected - any improvements?

Posted by Dog

Quoting The X: I already have Halo for the Xbox. :cool:

so do i but its fun to play online on PC.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Shdig: so do i but its fun to play online.

But uhh...

I have Halo 2?

Posted by Dog

yup. so do i.:cool:

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I was considering it, but Morrowind never really drew me in as much as I expected - any improvements?

Tons. Everything from combat to NPCs has been improved. It's quite an amazing game, really.

Posted by Dog

call of duty 2. i hate everything about it except how much fun it is to play online. and i like that alot.

Posted by GameMiestro

Starcraft, and EV Nova. That should keep you busy for a while :)

Posted by Lord of Spam

Counter Strike 1.6 and Oblivion.

My only warning is that if you do play Oblivion, be ready for it to consume your life. Also, most of the newer or future Sims 2 expansions dont seem to add all that much. University was the last one that I saw that really seemed to add anything great mechanics-wise.

Posted by Klarth

I personally can't wait for The Sims 2: Big-Blue-Barbecue Pool Party Vacation DJ Mix. I've heard they're adding a pink toilet this time around.

I recommend Anarchy Online. No subscription fee if you don't install Notum Wars, Shadowlands, Alien Invasion, etc. :O

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I just won

Posted by Lord of Spam

Nothing is superior to CS 1.6

Nothing.

If you've got a 360, though, pick up oblivion for that. You'll be playing it for HOURS, and I cant see a computer staying comfortable for that long.

Posted by muffla

umm doom 3 quake 4 and halflife 2
all good games

o yea and ut2007 when it comes out

Posted by brownoystercult

HE WOULD BE IN A WORLD OF HURT IF HE PLAYED OBLIVION WITH THOSE SPECS.

Half-Life 2 is the way to go.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Roinkz: HE WOULD BE IN A WORLD OF HURT IF HE PLAYED OBLIVION WITH THOSE SPECS.

Half-Life 2 is the way to go.

Already have Half Life 2.

Very fun it is, too. :cool:

Posted by NegativeTrend

Oblivion is going to run like **** if your video card isn't GeForce6 or higher.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting NegativeTrend: Oblivion is going to run like **** if your video card isn't GeForce6 or higher.

So I keep hearing. I guess I'll have to aim lower.

:(

Posted by WalkerBoh

F.E.A.R. is a good game, doubt you could run it, but there's always the chance.

Also, if you're into RTS's(Which I know you are), then I reccomend Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War and it's expansion. Great!

Posted by brownoystercult

The X, use this site if you're not sure whether or not you can run a specific game on your pc: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

Posted by Colonel

were was this info before i bought Age of Empires 3!!! >:0