Relevant to your interests

Posted by Lord of Spam

I jsut realized that I'm about a 5 minutes kayak trip away from a federally protected bird sanctuary that is not only unreachable by land ( its an island) but is also pretty much unreachable by water too. The whole perimeter is surrounded by mangroves, so there is NO section where you can pull your boat up. The closest I got to going inside was when I found a little nook that led into a path into the island some. It was kinda cool, paddling through under the dense canopy, with the trees blocking out every sound except for the birds.

Unfortunately, I dont have a camera, so until I can get one, that'll have to do for a description.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Excellent. Did you see any birds at all? I'd love to see pictures of the perimetre, if ever you are out there again with a camera.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Its a sanctuary for waterbirds, so it wasnt s noisy as a similarly sized gathering of song birds would be. Everynow and then you'd hear something. As for seeing them, pretty much the only ones I saw were in flight or chilling on the water.

But yeah, if I get a camera, I"ll post stuff. The problem is getting someone to lend me a camera for a kayak trip. Most people dont want their cameras to get ruined, and I cant really blame them.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: The whole perimeter is surrounded by mangroves, so there is NO section where you can pull your boat up.

Sniper rifle.

Posted by Klarth

You're such a ****ing camper, CJ. Jesus.

Posted by Lord of Spam

MAngroves. As in, trees with large root systems that reach into the water so that there is an imprenetrable wall of roots extending about 20 feet from the shore.

Duh.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: You're such a ****ing camper, CJ. Jesus.

If I wanted to ****ing camp, and get right beside the spawn and shoot you in the face. So I could be all "OH SNAP MOTHA****A, RIGHT IN THE ****ING FACE!!"

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Looking forward to the photos. :cool: