Electronica

Posted by basterd

anyone no any good stuff? like darude:sandstorm or P.P.K:ressurection. ?

Posted by Lord of Spam

DJ Tiesto (who I jsut found out is playing tonight at a club near me, but its sold out:mad: )
Paul oakenfold isnt really trance, but still kicks ass
Infected Mushroom is also all kinds of awesome

Thats pretty much all I've got, but there are others who can hook you up better. I'm looking at you, dex, raptor, and corrupt.

Posted by Klarth

YOU'RE FORGETTING THE RESIDENT TRIP-HOP ADVOCATE HERE.

Mutagene, Air, Aphex Twin, Kid Loco and Ulver (Perdition City album, Metamorphosis EP) are some of the best trip-hop artists out there. Nest do some good ambient acoustic stuff, too.

As for trance, I can't really recommend much. Not my scene.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Okay, I remember there being a thread about trip-hop before, but I thought that was a joke. Please, describe it as a genre.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Basically just downtempo electronica. Trip: drugs; Hop: Hip-hop.

Anywho, if you don't mind a bit of Blackness with your Ambient, I have tons of suggestions.

Posted by NegativeTrend

Tangerine Dream and Popol Vuh.

Posted by basterd

ok this is not about trip-hip-hop it's about trance/techno/dance what ever you wanna call it. stuff like bad boy bill is ok and I love P.P.K ressurection,which countrie do you think has the best trance, u.s,england,russia,germany,japan?

Posted by Klarth

Trip-hop = ambient.

LoS: Ambient, electronic, generally instrumental stuff. When there are vocals they're usually hushed and soft. It's got a hip-hop kind of beat without the dire rap vocals, and a trippy ambience.

As you can tell, it is difficult to describe. Pick up Aphex Twin's Drukqs album.

Quoted post: Pick up Aphex Twin's Drukqs album.

Thought that album was awful =/

Posted by Klarth

I love it. :(

It just sounds... old or something. I mean, compared to albums like "I Care Because You Do" it just sounds pretty bad.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting basterd: ok this is not about trip-hip-hop it's about trance/techno/dance what ever you wanna call it. stuff like bad boy bill is ok and I love P.P.K ressurection,which countrie do you think has the best trance, u.s,england,russia,germany,japan?

lol countrie

Here are some highly recommended trance records:

Sasha - Involver (Just plain gratifying).
Ferry Corsten - Passport: Kingdom of the Netherlands (the title has "Netherlands" in it, so it's almost guaranteed to be good trance).
Art of Trance - Wildlife on One (Trance melodies with nature sounds that aren't too corny, cheap, or stock).
Razed in Black - Damaged (Nine Inch Nails-ish, but with obvious trance elements).
S.U.N. Project - Drosophilia (psytrance, actually).
Voodoo & Serano - Cold Blood (Hard-hitting trance; it could help you stay up all night).
System F - Together (Very energetic, to say the least).
This is Trance 3.0 - (3-disc set with quite a few fine melodies. Look for it).

There are plenty more, but that will do for now.

Posted by basterd

I'v been buying the ultra trance and all the cd's that have a bunch of random artists,but then when I find a good song I can't remember what cd it's on and all my cd's are scratched

Posted by Raptor

You're an idiot for investing in CD's and taking such poor care of them that they end up scratched. You don't deserve trance.

I immediately rip every new CD I buy to my computer, so if something happens to it I at least have a back-up of the music.

Posted by Ant

I'm going to throw out Boards of Canada if you want something that's ambient. The beat can be a little on the repeitive side, but highly enjoyable.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I dislike Raptor... but his music makes me happy in the pants.:(

Posted by basterd

No, I just don't care I can always buy or download(if my cousin stop's being a P.R) the songs I wan't.HAHA anyone listen to the hampster dance? I'v been playing it 3 hours strait. well your a DA and he's a furry so that's to be expected.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I remember first hearing about the hampster dance in seventh grade.

I'm currently in college. You do the math there, smart guy.

Posted by Raptor

No, no one has ever listened to the Hampster Dance.

You have no chance to survive make your time. (That's an inside joke between me and my friends, sorry.)

Posted by basterd

so what if it's old it's funny as heck, I had a friend dowload some zelda music and all that I could find,it was all techno now I have to hunt around for the artists lol,

Posted by Shin-Ra

Ambient, Neofolk, Black Noise:

Akira Yamaoka (ambient/noise), late Burzum (ambient), Death in June (neofolk), Nebelhexe (electronic pop/folk), Haron (ambient/black metal that sounds all gross), Hildr Valkyrie (ambient neofolk in what sounds like midi), Ice Desert (ambient, very good), Jaaportit (dark ambient), Kammarheit (dark ambient), Mortiis (old - dark ambient, new - industrial), Negru Voda (dark ambient), Sephiroth (fast paced, earthly ambient), Ordo Funebris (neofolk), Amaka Hahina (black noise), Abruptum (black noise), Yen Pox (dark ambient) Puissance (militant dark ambient, I guess), Toroidh (very odd dark ambient), Xasthur and Mutiilation have very non-electronic ambient moments as well. Listen at your own risk.

For a good introduction to neofolk and ambient, go to the website of the record label Cold Meat Industries and buy their Flowers Made of Snow compilation album, it's great.

Posted by basterd

Ok, I'm srry I copyed it from [url]www.walmart.com[/url] because I was listening to the 30 sec downloads, I wan't trance,techno/dance music.

Posted by Slade

...What?!

I think I'm just gonna ignore that thing about Walmart and give you some good names:

Underworld: for lyrics- look at Raptor's user title, I don't know exactly how to explain their sound
Gas: Very ambient, later stuff has a steady beat in the background, but I like it for doing repetitive stuff like driving
Arovane: Electronica, very cool, they have good ideas and implement them well

That's all for now, I don't know exactly what you want to I just listed some good ones.

Posted by Corrupt

Okay, I know it's about time I actually posted in this thread, so I will. Although I'm gonna make it a bit brief. I'm going to list some of my favorite electronica albums for you to check out. Brace yourself.

Hybrid - Morning Sci-fi and Wider Angle
Sasha - Airdrawndagger (while Involver is excellent, it doesn't beat this one in my opinion)
Royksopp - Melody A.M.
Future Trance Ibiza [2 disc set] - This is easily one of the most flawless trance compilations I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. Might be a bit difficult to find, but my *** is it worth it.
George Acosta - Miami [2 disc set] (^ Same as above.)

I hope these aren't too obscure for you to find. My suggestion is that if you have a Borders Books & Music nearby, definitely go and check it out. You'll probably be able to land all five of the albums I mentioned and then some. They're all worth it; just give them a listen and see for yourself. This also applies to anyone else that's looking for some kickass trance/electronica tunes to groove to (hi LoS!!).

Posted by Raptor

Quoting basterd: Ok, I'm srry I copyed it from [url]www.walmart.com[/url] because I was listening to the 30 sec downloads, I wan't trance,techno/dance music.

lol "wan't."

Check out some Orbital. They're the very first techno group I ever got into, before I even knew what techno was. Get the following songs:

Know Where to Run
Halcyon On & On (same song that plays in the beginning of Hackers. I like it because it's a good song, not because it's in that movie).
Lush 3.1
One Perfect Sunrise
You Lot
Illuminate
Out There Somewhere pt. 2
Nothing Left pt. 1 & 2
The Box

Posted by Inferno

Can anyone recommend any good Drum and Bass artists? I've been listening to some Pendulum lately and I absolutely love it but I have no idea where to go next.

And I second the Orbital recommendation. Funny Break was on Frequency for the PS2 and I was hooked from there.

Infected Mushroom, Ferry Corsten, and Sharpnel Sound are also great. Lately I have been listening to a bunch of essential mixes from a huge variety of artists.

EDIT: I just came across Amon Tobin and fell in love with the sound they have. I don't really know how to explain the music, but its kind of trippy slow drum and bass with all sorts of interesting but mellow sounds. Listen to it, you'll see what I mean. I recommend listening to things off of Supermodified, it's a great album.

Posted by BlizzardOfSteel

i enjoyed watching vh1 lol cus i do listen/like hair metal. but its highlight was pantera behind the music.