Nintendo>Xbox

Posted by Prince Redon

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]My friends and I were talking about this last week. We were thinking about how Nintendo is starting to go downhill, and may, in the end, end up selling out. It is a sad thing to think about. Nintendo has provided so much entertainment for us, but they are loosing to many companies to Sony, and Microsoft. We started thinking about it, if Nintendo sold, who would they sell to. We talked about this for a while and none of us really thought Nintendo would want to sell to Sony, so we thought maybe, just maybe Nintendo would sell to Microsoft.

At first a few of us were undecided about this idea, but then I made the comment, "Well, considering who owns Microsoft, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing if Nintendo sold to Microsoft. I mean think about it, if they did Nintendo would have better budgets, and wouldn't really go bankrupt."

I have already decided, it would be a great thing if Nintendo and Microsoft combined. Now the question is, what type systems do you think they would make if they were to combine?

[/COLOR]

Posted by Axis

[COLOR=Black]Thing is, this will never happen. Microsoft has tried to join with Nintendo before and they rejected it in a heart beat. Nintendo has plenty of money and there getting a ton of support from the DS.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

Microsoft has made many bids to Nintendo in the past. plus Ninty said if they do go belly up they will stop making games. That means they wont do a Sega.

Dont worry, it wont happen. You see, Nintendo is always "omg d00/\/\ed!!1one".

Posted by Darkbackward

That is ridiculous, the guy who said that was obviously countering the fecal matter spewing forth from microsoft and its false disciples.

Nintendo WILL NEVER stop making games, even if they throw their console ideas by the way side (which is not happening any time soon).

Posted by Prince Redon

Quoting Inzo: [COLOR=Black]Thing is, this will never happen. Microsoft has tried to join with Nintendo before and they rejected it in a heart beat. Nintendo has plenty of money and there getting a ton of support from the DS.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]
I doubt it happening also, but a man can dream can't he?:)[/COLOR]

Posted by Arczu

Nintendo joining with microsoft... that is something remarkably hard to think of. What kind of games WOULD they spawn eh? Mario meets Halo? (Woah, super joke)

It's something that has as much chance as someone winning the lottery winning does...

Posted by Prince Redon

[B]

Quoting Arczu]It's something that has as much chance as someone winning the lottery winning does...

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]But also the rewards of the lottery. Nintendo wouldn't really have to worry about thier budget if they did join.
[/COLOR]

Posted by Shade

But that's the only prop I'm seeing from this partership. The budget. And who says Bill Gates will even give them that much money?

Posted by TendoAddict

1. Nintendo being in the hypothetical 3rd. It still makes mad profit and has a very bright futur.

2. If nintendo died, that would be the end, no more games. They said that the day they stop making systmes is the day they stop making games.

3. I dont want to live in a gaming world without nintendo. With out the classics the futur of video games is bleek. But dont worry , we always have Halo, Kotor, and FinalFantasy. XP

Posted by Shade

[quote=TendoAddict]They said that the day they stop making systmes is the day they stop making games.

Well, yeah. When a company stops making games, they'll stop making games. :rolleyes:

Posted by Random

It would be somewhat decent if they merged. You'd probably still see the Nintendo Logo. If Microsoft ever did buy Nintendo they should have most of the game designers and such. You'd have a console with not only family based games like Mario which everyone enjoys but you'd have a huge online library. I mean the two combining would be awesome. I can garuntee it won't happen or if it did it wont' be right away.

It would be a good idea but i'm sure a lot of Hardcore Nintendo Fans wouldn't buy it.

Posted by Last Fog

This may have been said before (haven't read every reply), but I remember reading an interview with a Nintendo exucutive or someone like that and they said something along the lines of "If nintendo ever stops making home consoles that will be the end of the company." So it's clear that they will never sell out like Sega and develop games for other platforms.

Posted by Random

Saying and doing are different things. I could say I would never get rid of my car but i'm sure someone with a lot of money could easily persuade me otherwise.

Posted by Prince Redon

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]As I also stated in the converstion between my friends. "Everyone has their price. I am sure if Bill Gates really wanted Nintendo, he would have way more than enough to buy it. Nintendo would sell if Bill Gates offered enough, the only questions are, would he be willing to pay as much as he needed to, and how much would it really take to buy Nintendo."[/COLOR]

Posted by Bubblez

I don't think Microsoft can overtake the big N. But on the other hand you never know. I mean ten years ago who would have dared to think that Sega would make games for a Nintendo console...

Posted by Pit

I wouldn't mind. I've thought of this myself. The online support, somewhat never ending budget, and multiple franchises on one console alone. It'd be delicious ;)

Posted by Prince Redon

Quoting Pit: I wouldn't mind. I've thought of this myself. The online support, somewhat never ending budget, and multiple franchises on one console alone. It'd be delicious ;)

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Yeah, can you imagine the Gamecube online? That would be great.[/COLOR]

Posted by Random

The Gamecube is online -_- just not many games and crappy servers.

Posted by Prince Redon

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]But I mean Gamecube online with a server like and games X-box. That would make the Gamecube 100% better.[/COLOR]

Posted by Echo

As has been stated, I tend to go with the quote that Nintendo will stop making games when they stop making systems. I think Nintendo is too proud of a company to be bought out by an American company, like Microsoft.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/news.php3?date=2005-02-23

Yeah, Tycho says basically that same exact thing talking about what Trip Hawkins said about Microsoft buying Nintendo. I just really don't see it happening.

Posted by thug2777

nintendo will never go bank rupt the

1. ds has only been out for four months so many people really have got a chance to save up to buy it.

2. sony doesent even really have any fighting games really it mostly is just racing games and crash bandacoot. if they do have fighting games their stupid like final fantasy is the most stupidus, retardedest, gayest game ever to have come to any pc, or system.

3. nintendo hates sony and sony hates nintendo because their the ones that had the rivalry first with the n64 and ps 1 microsoft just arose from the dead in 2001.

4. microsoft and nintendo have the most boyght systems gear all games anything on earth. Because they really like nintendo over in japan where shiguriu yammomota is from or somewhere else but microsoft may have most peoples hearts here in the united states. If microsoft was smart though they would take most of their money they earn from computers and software and put it towards the other things they plan to do.

So i think nintendo would sell to microsoft over sony but their not going bankrupt SO WE DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: 2. sony doesent even really have any fighting games really it mostly is just racing games and crash bandacoot. if they do have fighting games their stupid like final fantasy is the most stupidus, retardedest, gayest game ever to have come to any pc, or system.

Egh...

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/VampiroV.Empire/Forum/magus-facepalm.gif[/IMG]

Posted by Prince Redon

[QUOTE=thug2777]2. sony doesent even really have any fighting games really it mostly is just racing games and crash bandacoot. if they do have fighting games their stupid like final fantasy is the most stupidus, retardedest, gayest game ever to have come to any pc, or system.
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]
I would get angry, and flame you, but considering the sentences surrounding it...I am not going to even bother.[/COLOR]

Posted by Random

Nintendo Could go Bankrupt. Infact most companies do at some point in time. Nintendo could go bankrupt sooner then expected. They could pull another Sega... And statement number 2... makes me want to ask you.. You dumb? I'm just kidding but honestly they have way more fighting games then Nintendo ever will.

Oh and Prince Redon nice Banner. Metallica rocks!

Posted by Prince Shondronai

SomebodyRandom: Nintendo's been sitting on billions of dollars for years now. Every year they've turned a profit. Sometimes their profits go down, but they're still profits. It would take a decade of not selling a single copy of software for them to get within spitting distance of The Hole.

Posted by Random

So? They could still go bankrupt. A few bad moves like Sega. They're sitting on billions but just a few billion. They aren't exactly a Sony or Microsoft who have Hundreds of Billions.

Posted by lowrider boy

I think XBOX is better than Nintendo by miles, but Nintendo is the original system so in some ways Xbox is etter with like gun games and action games but on hte other hand Nintendo is better with just fun games like SPEED KINGS that is a motorcycle game and plus it has the original games like that Duck Hunting game where you look at the screen with the gun and wait for them to come up and "BAM" their history. But XBOX is overall with graphics and games like HALO 2 and HITMAN and MAFIA and NFS 2 and other just games 2 play with friends. that's is only my opinion yall are free to agree or diagree but your listening to my post so im listening to yours its only fair so don't get mad at anything I said!!!

Nintendo doesn't need hundreds of billions of dollars, SomebodyRandom. They have millions of loyal fans. Loyal fans who will buy the next Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Smash Brothers, etc. Nintendo's not going to throw those franchises out, and they're not going to screw them up. Even if they screw them up once, the next installment improves them. A lot of gamers don't like Super Mario Sunshine, and a lot of people were moaning and groaning over Zelda: Wind Waker's graphics, but Zelda 2K5 has the realistic graphics everyone was asking for, and they've promised that Mario 128 will be innovative and amazing. Nintendo is not Sega, nor will they ever be.

Posted by Fate

I don't really know where I stand. It'd actually save me a lot of money if all companies combined to make one awesomely awesome console, where all of the good stuff from each current console would be conveniently packaged in one small box.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting SomebodyRandom: So? They could still go bankrupt. A few bad moves like Sega. They're sitting on billions but just a few billion. They aren't exactly a Sony or Microsoft who have Hundreds of Billions.

Sony and MS could go bankrupt. Whats your point?

I didnt know that a few billion is viewed as financial danger. And theres me thinking a lots of 0s means your high sailing.
And Sega didnt make a few mistkakes. They made loads of big no-nos.

Posted by Random

As I said Bebop most companies will eventually go bankrupt some point in time. Nintendo just has the better chance of the three. Nintendo has been making mistakes and it's clear. This is why their console sales have dropped Dramatically. Theres no more competition then there was 8 years ago. It's still just a 3 way battle and their losing fanbase and fan support. I realize most people in this Forum are Fans of Nintendo and I respect that. I like nintendo too but why do they make such mistakes.

People were in demand for CD/DVD types of Games, what did Nintendo do with the N64? They went and used a 64 bit cartridge system. They had 4 controller ports which was good but they didn't have 1/4 of the multiplayer games Sony had.

With the gamecube, a huge popularity lately has been Online play. It's in high demand. Nintendo doesn't go for it nor do they release many multiplayer games. Even Halo 1 which you could only play online through XBC or Gamespy was popular with LAN Parties.

Nintendo needs to get their head straight. They don't have money like Sony or Microsoft so they must be frugal but at the same time they could be using new idea's that will gain their fanbase back. Not necessarily online play but better gaming quality. I don't want to play a Four Swords or Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. What I do like from Nintendo was games like Zelda OOT or Mario RPG, Paper Mario 2, and many of their older games.

Posted by Bebop

GC sales may have been lower than NES but that doesnt mean Ninty are failing. Where are you getting this information of fans leaving Nintendo? I could easily say more are being drawn the Ninty's light than those leaving and it still count.

In demand for CD/DVD games? When did the avergae gamer give a crap about what format a games comes in?

They had 4 controller ports which was good but they didn't have 1/4 of the multiplayer games Sony had
This may be becuase Sony had a larger gaming librarby. If anything Nitnendo had more multiplayer games than Sony becuase 4 people could play as opposedto 2 (becuase Sony knows most people only have 1 friend).

Online play's popularity may be growing but it's not an essential. GC has proved this.

Nintendo doesn't go for it nor do they release many multiplayer games.
*looks at latest releases from Nintendo*

Nintendo needs to get their head straight. They don't have money like Sony or Microsoft so they must be frugal but at the same time they could be using new idea's that will gain their fanbase back. Not necessarily online play but better gaming quality. I don't want to play a Four Swords or Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. What I do like from Nintendo was games like Zelda OOT or Mario RPG, Paper Mario 2, and many of their older games.
Ninty probably has more fans now than it ever did. They may not have much money than Sony and MS but than again which companies too? It's not like nintendo are out begging for spare change or being tight with their billions. And it's not really fair to compare Nintendos money to Microsft and a conglonerate. If you don't want to play games such as 4 swords than don't. Nintendo has a broad game librabry.

Posted by Shanuti Aborina

Egh, Nintendo selling out to Microsoft? Never happen.

Would I like it? Hell no. I wouldn't like microsoft having a say over nintendo's creativity, and you know, they would.

Somebodyrandom- Look in your local electronics store- A lot of sony stuff, hey?

Now look in your local PC software store. See all those high price operating system boxes?

See why Microsoft and Sony have all that money? Nintendo has less because it deals only in video games. It doesn't need the amount of money S&M need to support their merchandice.

And nintendo are unlikey to do a sega, at least for a while. Remember Sega dropped out after 2 failed consoles, Nintendo have yet to release ONE failed console.

Posted by Bebop

I don't MS would control Nintendos creativity. MS is interested in Ninty because of their creativity so why restrict it?

Nintendo have yet to release ONE failed console.

VB, N64DD OMG LOL

Posted by Shanuti Aborina

Quoting Bebop: I don't MS would control Nintendos creativity. MS is interested in Ninty because of their creativity so why restrict it?

Nintendo have yet to release ONE failed console.

VB, N64DD OMG LOL

I think they would.

Meh, caught me there ;) .
Further proof that nintendo will not do a sega :D

Posted by Bebop

Why would you buy out a competiter to use their talents to your benefits only to restrict them?

Posted by TendoAddict

you people are so pessimistic.
Nintendo is not going to stop any time soon. If they did I would think they would go out kicking and screaming and they sure dont look like their worried.

But if nintendo did go third party then it would be the ULTIMATE THIRD PARTY! Think about it, it always has its already awsome franchises and nintendo is always know for their new innovative titles. So the bidding for those games would be a death match between PS and XB.

I know that would never happen but its fun to think about it.

Posted by Towelie1

Even if microsoft di buy Nintendo, and they had a huge budget, microsoft will still want the money back, and so we'd go from seeing relitivly cheap, great gaming, to over priced ****

Posted by Random

That was a mighty poor statement. I don't think I understood anything of what you said.

Nintendo probably won't go bankrupt anytime soon. But theres always a possibility. And theres also a possibility that they will sell out to one of the Giants. Money seems to be a persuasional tool these days.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Nintendo probably won't go bankrupt anytime soon. But theres always a possibility. And theres also a possibility that they will sell out to one of the Giants. Money seems to be a persuasional tool these days.

I disagree, even if Nintendo did get enough in the red to drop out of the console wars I doubt they'd sell out to either Sony or Microsoft, they'd most likely stay 3rd party, that's were the big money would come from, thier franchises sell like no others, they'd be the richest and most successful 3rd party publisher/developer.

Posted by Random

I know it's unlikely but if Microsoft put 20 billion dollars on the table which is more Nintendo will probably have in many many years, they may take it.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: I know it's unlikely but if Microsoft put 20 billion dollars on the table which is more Nintendo will probably have in many many years, they may take it.

I still doubt it, why would a publisher take that number, when over a few years they can make over that.

Plus, it's just smarter to go 3rd party and make money for yourself instead of for other companies.

I could see them droping out of the console race, but continue on with the GB line. Those still sell millions and they would be fools to give up on it.

Posted by Speedfreak

Heh, yeah right. They'd stay 3rd party for a generation, save up and jump right back in the game. This is Nintendo we're talking about, they'll stop at nothing to be number 1.

Posted by Darkbackward

20. Billion. Dollars.

That is a ridiculous sum of money. Someone better have some linkage or I will de rep pwn the noob who said it. This is crazy, I don't even think microsoft HAS that much money.

Nintendo's got at least 4, db. Microsoft's got to have somewhere near a trillion.

Quoted post: . Microsoft's got to have somewhere near a trillion.

Do you know hom much money one trillion is? Even if you combined every world billionaire you'd barely get one trillion.

I think they only have $290 Billion.

Posted by Dragon X

I'm all for nintendo but I don't seem it having much future

Posted by Darkbackward

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Nintendo's got at least 4, db. Microsoft's got to have somewhere near a trillion.

Nope. [URL=http://evan.quuxuum.org/bgnw.html]Bill Gates[/URL] [URL=http://philip.greenspun.com/WealthClock]Is Very[/URL]

Snippit Pwnage: "the Gates' are worth a net $46 billion"
Source: [URL=http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2003-11-21-big-gates-charity-total_x.htm]Rich[/URL]

Yall are all wonderful moderators, 1 trillion dollars is NOT possible to own at this point in time, That will probably be impossible until the next century.

Nintendo is worth 4 billion dollars? Really? I can believe that, but that doesn't mean that shigeru miyamoto has 4 billion dollars hidden behind a bong. That is their total worth.

Microsoft's 20 billion (2003) pwnage also applies. I seriously doubt Bill Gates is willing to put 4 billion into the xbox, simply because I don't think he has that money to spend. Alot of it is invested in the company and in other projects, if he's only worth 100 billion (at most), dang, that would be like his whole yearly expense (2003).

But Coarse, 1. Trillion. Dollars. That is just ridiculous, and you know it. Although I love you and moderators to death because you are clearly superior life forms.

Posted by Darkbackward

Thank you G-sides. You've now declared yourself officially on moderator abuse, to who can I report you to in order to seem some action on this perverse misuse of your powers?

For those of you wondering: [URL=http://evan.quuxuum.org/bgnw.html]Bill Gates[/URL] [URL=http://www.zpub.com/un/bill/]Billl Gates[/URL] [URL=http://philip.greenspun.com/WealthClock]Bill Gates[/URL]

I was fairly articulating my point that 1 trillion was insane, and I still have no confirmation on 4 billion for xbox.

Had G-Sides actually warned me instead of instantly deleting something that was NOT spam then I would've changed my use of the term "noob" which was nothing more than jest and CERTAINLY not spam because I was making a point which directly contributed to the conversation, which was clear to understand.

This was clearly a biased opinion being fledged out on the forum board, and because of this I will save all my future posts to a word processor so this deed can no longer go unpunished. He was clearly wrong in his actions, and his procedure.

Posted by mis0

Horrifying to think that eventually there may be a private trillionare. Govt manipulation? I think so.

I'd bet Microshaft will accumulate a trillion dollars in the next couple decades.

Yeah, I was exaggerating. Given that the United States National Debt passed a mere three trillion awhile back, it does put it in perspective. Microsoft could barely put a dent in it.

Posted by Darkbackward

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Yeah, I was exaggerating. Given that the United States National Debt passed a mere three trillion awhile back, it does put it in perspective. Microsoft could barely put a dent in it.

I don't blame you, on an off day I would've said the same thing. I just recently learned about how much money people really had about 2 years ago, when I took a course in it (because I am unlike the circle of moderators, who know these things based on their amazing skills). Keep in mind, all that moolah was people's taxes, and Bill Gate's himself probably had to pay some good of that money.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Darkbackward: (because I am unlike the circle of moderators, who know these things based on their amazing skills).

What's with all the mod bashing?

Anywho, if Nintendo did drop out of the race, I'd personally prefer that they'd go 3rd party instead of selling out to Sony or Microsoft or whoever.

Posted by TendoAddict

4 billion is pritty good for a company who only makes video games and systems. I mean if nintendo loses all of its money thats it, game over. But if X-box were to suddenly start sucking and gained no profit it still has microsoft to bail them out. That goes same for the playstation and sony. So I can see why you think ninty will go down first but I dont think that will be any time soon.

Posted by Speedfreak

Heh, start sucking. Xbox has yet to make a profit at all.

Posted by animejunki

If microsft and nintendo combined I'm pretty sure that they would use their nintendo branch to just focus on handheld stuff. Microsoft already has a great console out so why mess that up by adding nintendo to it?

Quoted post: Microsoft already has a great console out so why mess that up by adding nintendo to it?

Because believe it or not, Nintendo produces games that have a hufe following, ie. Mario, Metroid, Zelda, et cetera. It would be idiotic for Microsoft to not take advatage of that.

Posted by Darkbackward

Quoting TendoAddict: 4 billion is pritty good for a company who only makes video games and systems. I mean if nintendo loses all of its money thats it, game over. But if X-box were to suddenly start sucking and gained no profit it still has microsoft to bail them out. That goes same for the playstation and sony. So I can see why you think ninty will go down first but I dont think that will be any time soon.

Nintendo's money is not important, they can clearly make gaming platforms that sell. Even if they were to fail, which they clearly won't, they still have other non gaming franchises, remember pokemon, their massive card making business?

The point is that 4 billion being spent on a console is a ridiculous sum, I will believe it if I have some proof, but comeon, that is a huge sum o fmoney.

Posted by captain caveman

how can you guys call n64 in anyway a failure??? I guess it was to long ago for you guys to remember how much of a craze it was upon release. The cartridge did svrew them a little bit, but the n64 was stilll a succesful console and more powerful than the psx

Posted by Pit

Quoting boomstick: What's with all the mod bashing?

No clue. Somewhere yesterday or two days ago he said that my opinions suck and said the N-Gage was an excellent system and topped it off that if I should be a perfect mod I should delete posts and edit them for no reason. Funny, no?

___
"how can you guys call n64 in anyway a failure??? I guess it was to long ago for you guys to remember how much of a craze it was upon release. The cartridge did svrew them a little bit, but the n64 was stilll a succesful console and more powerful than the psx"
___

I dunno, power didn't help em out. PSX had great titles and a lot of third party support, something that N64 didn't have. I mean, yeah, it had great titles, but most of those great titles were first party or second party games.

Posted by Fuzzhead

if microsoft merged with nintnedo expect to see halo 4 in a gameboy advanced style :D haha plus ssb 3 would have master chief in it not that im saying nintendo should sell becuase if they do so help me ***...anyway if halo and mario brothers were int he same world they woudl remix halos title theme with marios so it would be like dododo dodo dooooooooooooo dodo do dodo doooooooooooooooo, haha well anyway it is true microsoft wanted to buy nintendo but nintendo refused..and gates did offer alot of money but its hte princibles that keeped that freaking money loving nerd from owning nintendo, but unfortunatly nintendo is letting them selfs get beat...i mean im sure gamecube could handle halo with no lag like xbox does now...anyway the point is microsoft is far from owning nintendo...but nintendo has a retarded presedent and if he keeps ruining nintendo im going to drown him in his own rice bowl..

Posted by Thingy

But how come nobody i know except 2 have DS?

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Fuzzhead: if microsoft merged with nintnedo expect to see halo 4 in a gameboy advanced style :D haha plus ssb 3 would have master chief in it not that im saying nintendo should sell becuase if they do so help me ***...anyway if halo and mario brothers were int he same world they woudl remix halos title theme with marios so it would be like dododo dodo dooooooooooooo dodo do dodo doooooooooooooooo, haha well anyway it is true microsoft wanted to buy nintendo but nintendo refused..and gates did offer alot of money but its hte princibles that keeped that freaking money loving nerd from owning nintendo, but unfortunatly nintendo is letting them selfs get beat...i mean im sure gamecube could handle halo with no lag like xbox does now...anyway the point is microsoft is far from owning nintendo...but nintendo has a retarded presedent and if he keeps ruining nintendo im going to drown him in his own rice bowl..

The ignorence of this post.

I just want to point some things out and ask a few questions. Why is Bill Gates money hungry? I would have thought if you were the richest guy you would be sick of money.
The president of Nintendo is not retarded. His views led to the creation of DS which, would you beleive it, is VERY successful. If retarded minds lead to something great than expect George Bush to suprise you *whipcrack* Ninty are also very profitable and, if I remember correctly, havent had a single reported loss of money (I can't remember the correct word I'm looking for or the word Coarse used :p) so why would making millions worth of profit suddenly force you down a "rice bowl"? This is also another reason Ninty didnt sell to MS. Yes, I'm sure princibles were a factor as was the fact Nintendo doesnt need MS bank account to stay afloat. They are doing fine by themselves so why suddenly bail out of independance and reputation for a few extra pennies?
Halo could not run on GC unless it was downgarded.
If Ninty did merge with MS Master Cheif would not be in SSBM nor would Mario music appear in Halo.

[quote=Thingy]But how come nobody i know except 2 have DS?
Honestly, I have no idea what you just said.

Posted by Thingy

it wont happen. nintendo is doing great.

Posted by Darth Vader

Nintendo won't go belly up... it is a great company with many years.

As for Microsoft, one of their games is coming to a nintendo system so there.... :p

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Darth Vader: Nintendo won't go belly up... it is a great company with many years.

As for Microsoft, one of their games is coming to a nintendo system so there.... :p

And what game is this? Do you mean a game that is on the Xbox or a game that is actually amde by MS? There is a difference.

ANd besides, MS made a Game Boy game years ago. "Windows Classics" or something. Now I can play minesweeper on the road!

Posted by Darth Vader

Quoting Bebop: And what game is this? Do you mean a game that is on the Xbox or a game that is actually amde by MS? There is a difference.

ANd besides, MS made a Game Boy game years ago. "Windows Classics" or something. Now I can play minesweeper on the road!

A game actually made by MS. This game is Age of Empire's II and it's comming to DS, published by Majesco.

And "Windows Classics" could never play Super Mario Land!

Posted by Random

Yeah I heard about MS making games for Nintendo's Handhelds. Microsoft doesn't think of Nintendo as an enemy. They both agree that Sony is the enemy and both want to take Sony down. So Microsoft see's it as an advantage if they help nintendo to take down the giant Sony.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Fate: I don't really know where I stand. It'd actually save me a lot of money if all companies combined to make one awesomely awesome console, where all of the good stuff from each current console would be conveniently packaged in one small box.

Actually, that would probably kill the video games market. As awesome as it would be, companies would no longer see the need to compete against each other to bring out the best games and pull in the profits, as gamers would have no alternatives, apart from not buying any new games consoles. It would end all the ranting about 'cheap ports' of multi-platform games, mind you.

As for the debate about whether Nintendo would benefit from a Microsoft buy-out or not- Remember Rare. That company who produced fantastic N64 games? Whatever happened to them? I believe they've produced in the region of two or three games so far, while they pulled out at least three or four a year under Nintendo.

Posted by Random

Hey X.. Homo.. You disagreed with me when I was giving true information. You don't need to be sandy like that.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Hey X.. Homo.. You disagreed with me when I was giving true information. You don't need to be sandy like that.

Source, please.

... And please expand your insult vocabulary beyond 'gay' next time.

Posted by Random

http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=6528

There don't be so sandy. microsoft owns rare and Rare is making games for Ninty.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting SomebodyRandom: http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=6528

There don't be so sandy. microsoft owns rare and Rare is making games for Ninty.

Yes, I know. That part of your post is truthful, but the 'Microsoft & Nintendo see Sony as the enemy' part is ridiculous. They're all rival companies, but not 'enemies', and I doubt any concrete alliances will form between any two of them in the future. (That is why I negatively repped you)

Posted by Random

Ah but they do see Sony as the greater evil. They aren't exactly best friends but Microsoft is letting Rare make games for the DS to help them defeat Sony. Though I doubt the DS Will outdo the PSP.