Have you ever broken a stylus?

Posted by GameMiestro

I've broken 2 over my DS history, one from playing too much Wario Ware, one from too much Meteos. I've lost 2, as well, but that isn't the point. I'm annoyed that they cost so much to replace- $10 for 3? They seem like something you could by in bulk at Office Depot: $5 for a pack of 25 would seem reasonable.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I don't see how you could break a stylus unless you press way to hard. A light tap should be enough to compelte any action in the game instead of jaming the stylus into the touch screen. With that said I have never broken a stylus, but I have lost one.

Posted by Drewboy64

No, but it fell in the toilet once :|
Jebus though, is your screen broken too? You must have pressed really hard on the screen!

Posted by GameMiestro

Constant back and forth motions causes pressure from your fingers, weakening the top half of the stylus. Eventually, about a third of the stylus (on the top) will snap off. Remember, this only happens if you use it use it roughly for long periods of time. Yeah, it's technically still usable, but it's difficult to hold and impossible to store.

Posted by Dark Link

Broken: No, but was close!
Lost: Yes, lost one during school

Good thing I don't use the stylus too much

Posted by inequity

I lose my stylus almost every week. I actually used a q-tip to replace it for a while. Never broke it though.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Never broke a stylus, never lost one either. I still have the two that came with my DS when I got it.

Posted by NightmareBassX

I think I've broken two.

First time : Wasn't really me, sort of my friend... He tried to stab he wil it, and being that it was a bought one (metal casing, blue) it broke at the tip.

Second time : Not sure how the back broke, but it was the silver alteration of the metal casing stylus. =D Man do those suck!

And I've lost 2.

First day I got it... I let my older brother see my DS. He dropped it on the floor... And it disappeared. Then about 2 months later, it appeared on my floor... I knew it was that one because the extra one I had was dropped in my friends couch, and we couldn't really find it... =( Think later on we found that too... Now they are just... Gone.

Posted by Sk2k52

Lost one. Actually, some complete retarded richboy stole it and dropped out of school (o.O his parents spoils him way too much)

Never broke any.

But daaamn, I never thought that it'd break unless on purpose. I wonder how your poor poor DS is faring under such force :(

Posted by Linko_16

Mine's as good as the day I got it, but I probably haven't had it as long as most people here.

Posted by zidaneffixexe

my friend phlynthe and neet i lost all ot theres wich totaled like 10 or them

ilost 1 of mine but then i found like a million in the dumpster to eb games

point dumpster diving is good touching is good anything else

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

None broken, none lost. I tend to put them back after I'm done, and I know not to press or grip it too hard.

Posted by GameMiestro

I wish I could go to Office Depot and buy them in bulk. Too bad.

Posted by Zeta

Lost one, twice. Used a Q-tip like Inequity.

Posted by Speedfreak

I bought a telescopic stylus. It broke within 5 minutes of using it.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I melted a few, bent a few, lost alot, found new uses for them, and found out that nails and paperclips don't work so well at being styli

Posted by Ant

Yeah, that's pretty stupid :)

I've yet to lose or brake one...for my own. I lost my cousins once. But I bought him 3 in return, so no real loss on his part.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Ant]so no real loss on his part.

$10 he wont be getting on his birthday

Posted by Drewboy64

try the [URL="http://gear.ign.com/articles/701/701023p1.html"]comfort stylus[/URL]. It's apparently good.

Posted by Ant

Quoting GameMiestro: $10 he wont be getting on his birthday

Psh, like I would give him money anyway!?

Posted by Linko_16

I saw in a catalogue a stylus that fit around your finger, and had a point near the end. Seemed neat, but nothing I'd spend money on.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Drewboy64]try the [URL="http://gear.ign.com/articles/701/701023p1.html"]comfort stylus[/URL]. It's apparently good.

"The copper wire heats up just like any other metal would when bent repetitively, so putting this in the hands of children could send the Comfort Stylus to an early end."

I lol'ed a bit on that one.