IGN Declared Clinically Insane by GameFAQs Forumgoers

Posted by gamerz

IGN, the internet gaming media powerhouse, has been declared clinically insane by a panel of forumgoers at a competing site, GameFAQs. The panelists, a group of experts in the mental health field, cited the difference between the site's review score for Kingdom Hearts II of 7.6, or "Good", and the average score of its readers, 9.4, as the chief factor behind their decision.

"think different, if there was any single thing that couldnt be more stupid if you shot it in the smartness, its IGNorant if IGN's stupid was metal, Auron000 could build a loltank out of it," explained the panel's lead psychiatrist, a0lgamez224. He went on to elaborate that "IGN are idiots at judging Kingdom Hearts II at a 7.6!?!?!?!"

Others who frequent the board are not surprised by the decision; says forumgoer soraboi89, "i bet they were never true fans and they was just trying to fit in and now that ONE review out of hundreds gave a low score they have a reason to show their true opinions."

Another reader suggested that IGN's mental state was a sad joke, commenting "April fools guys, they were just kidding jeez... they wouldn't be that dumb as to say chain of memories is better then this... they will change the score later... either that or they just lost their minds and about half of their support"

IGN's new status as clinically insane does not seem to have hampered its ability to operate; however, the verdict may yet have far reaching ramifications, as GameFAQs forumgoers have rallied behind the notion of stopping the dangerously lunatic site in its tracks. As representative GoofyShorts puts it, "WE SHOULD ALL COME TOGETHER AND SIGN A PETITION BANNING IGN!!!!"

"IGNorance. dur," he added.

Posted by maian

..lol

I didn't even know the game was out till yesterday, when my friend said her sister got it. :( Gawd, I need a PS2.

I've always loved laughing at fanboys like this, like the people who wrote into EGM complaining about Wind Waker's 9.5 score, instead of it being a third 10.

Posted by Axis

Hahaha, only fanboys would cry over a gaming sites score. They need to suck it up and just play the game.

Posted by Big Boss

GameFAQs forums are horrible. How is the opinion of those that frequent them any important?

At any rate, I was surprised by their KH2 score as they usually overrate games, but the only people I've heard say the game is one of the best things in the world ever were extreme fans of the original, and I have yet to hear from people that had mixed feelings about the first one (like me). Strangely, IGN really liked the first one, and I have heard people who enjoyed the first one should love the sequel.

I already have the game and will eventually play it before the year's end.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Funny thing is, I completely agree with their score.

Plus, it's GameFAQs. The place is overrun by complete morons. They ***** when IGN rates their favourite games bad, and praise them when they give high scores.

Posted by gamerz

oh ***, at least the gamefaqs freaks havent found this site yet! Even though jesse wants the ****ing nooblets here....

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Here's one GameFAQs thread that doesn't suck:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=901&topic=20829845

As for KH2's IGN score, I'd have given a lower score to the original game, but I hear they've improved much in the sequel, so I will reserve judgement for 10 years from now when I've played through the original game (as 10 minutes of it is all I can stomach a week) and start on 2.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: but I hear they've improved much in the sequel

Nah, the original was so much better.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Quoting Vampiro: ...the original was so much better.

I hope you're wrong, or it'll be 20-30 years before I get to #3, if there is one.