Snow

Posted by Shade

Okay, I love snow. Throwing snowballs at little elementary schools is one of the best things to do in the world, snow is grand. But when it's APRIL, and you want WARMTH, so you can do WARM WEATHER stuff outside, it just makes me f*cking angry. Snow has no place in april, but apparently now it does. Here I am, ready to go outside and go for a bike ride around the city, but what's this!? SNOW!? WTF!? See, it ruined my day.

This is why I hate Michigan.

Posted by Klarth

WHAT IS SNOW?

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Shade: Okay, I love snow. Throwing snowballs at little elementary schools is one of the best things to do in the world, snow is grand. But when it's APRIL, and you want WARMTH, so you can do WARM WEATHER stuff outside, it just makes me f*cking angry. Snow has no place in april, but apparently now it does. Here I am, ready to go outside and go for a bike ride around the city, but what's this!? SNOW!? WTF!? See, it ruined my day.

This is why I hate Michigan.

Heh the weather isn't much warmer in beautiful Buffalo. It is rather cold and I am sure we will get our first snow of April sometime soon. The weather is indeed crazy.

Posted by Raptor

"Snow has no place in April"? This is a prime example of just how terrible human arrogance has gotten. It's quite nauseating, really. It can snow whenever it **** well wants to, regardless of what little designated time coordinates we've devised that we expect certain weather patterns to coincide with. It makes you angry? Poor baby! It would probably make you a little upset if a tornado tore through your house too, wouldn't it? You can learn to accept the fact that nature will always be in ultimate control, and swing with it, or you can be a sad little crybaby. If there is one thing that is absolutely useless to b

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Raptor: "Snow has no place in April"? This is a prime example of just how terrible human arrogance has gotten. It's quite nauseating, really. It can snow whenever it **** well wants to, regardless of what little designated time coordinates we've devised that we expect certain weather patterns to coincide with. It makes you angry? Poor baby! It would probably make you a little upset if a tornado tore through your house too, wouldn't it? You can learn to accept the fact that nature will always be in ultimate control, and swing with it, or you can be a sad little crybaby. If there is one thing that is absolutely useless to b¡tch and moan about, it's the weather. And just because the weather isn't conforming to usual patterns and therefore defying expectations, that doesn't mean it's being crazy. It's being its unpredictable self.

I'm sure, in spite of the dire fact that snowy conditions are persisting a little later this year, that you will be just fine. So quit your ****ing whining and deal with it.

Well I see what you are getting at witht he whole "stop getting angry" thing, but you msut also understand that in some areas (I'm not referring to Michigan mind you) such weather is unusal. I mean if you have gotten particularly high temperatures at this time of year for as long as you can remember and all of a sudden it snows well then that jsut may not seem quite right to you now would it? It's like if the temperature at Hawaii dropped to some rediculous cold temperature all of a sudden that you know for a fact has never happend before to your knowledge. Then you think "well what is going on? That sure is unusal." Yeah mother nature is being unpredictable again, but it still seems strange to you.

EDit: Wow I spoke to soon, it just started to snow now, heh man I can predict well. :)

Posted by Shade

[QUOTE=Raptor]"Snow has no place in April"? This is a prime example of just how terrible human arrogance has gotten. It's quite nauseating, really. It can snow whenever it **** well wants to, regardless of what little designated time coordinates we've devised that we expect certain weather patterns to coincide with. It makes you angry? Poor baby! It would probably make you a little upset if a tornado tore through your house too, wouldn't it? You can learn to accept the fact that nature will always be in ultimate control, and swing with it, or you can be a sad little crybaby. If there is one thing that is absolutely useless to b

Posted by maian

..It's been spring for about a week. =/ I would find a snowfall here quite nice. I've always been one to love snow. I've never really disliked weather, I find it fun to find out what the weather is, then make my plans. If I had plans for something that involved good weather, so what? Have a day in the snow. Plan things around that.

..That's how I see it, anyway.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Shade: Hah, we actually had a couple tornados last weekend. Good call.

Also, shut up. Seriously, you live in Hawaii, where you get neither tornados or snow. So for you to comment is completely moronic. And also, snow does have no place in April, especially when it's supposed to keep it up ALL WEEK. Know why it has no place? Because it's spring, and with spring should come warm weather, and that has been the case for every year I've been alive. So yeah, it's ****ing me off a little bit. And now, so are you.

Dude you live in Michigan. That state is way up North. It's practially shaking hands with Canada. I'm not surprised one bit you got snow. And to get angry at mother nature is a complete waist of energy. She does what she does and getting angry isn't going to solve anything. Just deal with it. It's not like Buffalo is much better. We are also up North too, so snow here isn't a surprise and my dad just told me a few mintues ago that last year we had snow in May. So if you thougt April made you angry I could only imagine waht May would do to you if it happened to snow at that time. Heh I can see you blowing an aneurysm.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Not to mention that it's partially our fault that the weather patterns are changing.

You can't handle a little snow in April? Would you like a blizzard in the middle of May? Or perhaps -50 degree weather for two or three months straight?

Posted by brownoystercult

Quoting Klarth: WHAT IS SNOW?

Especially true for me, too!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Not to mention that it's partially our fault that the weather patterns are changing.

Pff. Sure we may have had some effect of it, but chances are it's just due to the fact that we're coming out of the ice age. The Earth's crust is still rebounding from the weight of the ice, so it only makes sense for the weather to fluctuate and temperatures get warmer.

Posted by NES Queen

on Sunday it was 67 degrees and sunny, almost beach weather.

today, it is 33 degrees and snowing.

now that is a cruel joke from mother nature.

Posted by Xero

It was 18 degrees the day before yesterday and it was raning hard. Yesterday it was 2 degrees and it snowed all day.

wow...

Posted by Crazy K

I absolutely hate snow. I remember hearing a story from my mom that it snowed one time in May on her birthday. But I also live in Michigan, and I agree with you Shade that it should not snow in April.

Posted by Linko_16

Have I mentioned how beautiful the Springtime blossoms are in my Arizona backyard?

Posted by Klarth

I love snow and I want it again more than anything in the world. :(

Posted by Xero

Quoting Klarth: I love snow and I want it again more than anything in the world. :(

Travel to north pole or south pole and you'll be happy :D

Posted by draconus

I hate to be cold... snow sucks :P

Posted by The Judge

Just wear something warm.

Living in California, during the time I went to England, I couldn't have been happier. So much snow! I even had a white Christmas! It was like a living dream.

So yes, I like snow.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: So much snow! I even had a white Christmas!

And yet, I, who lives in Canada, didn't? Pff.

Anywho, I like snow because usually it means cold weather; I hate the heat, preferring to stay fairly cool. Otherwise, snow in general is just annoying.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I have mixed feelings about snow. On the plus side winter is thaat seasonw here it snows most and alsot the seaosn my allergies don't act up. So winter allows me to breath in fresh air that would otherwise make me sneeze during the other seasons. Large amounts of snow can possably mean a day in from school to cuddle by the fireplace and watch TV. On the down side, snow can egt annoying. I mean at first snow is great. Winter, snow, yeah it's wonderful. Then the new year comes around, it hits about Feburary or March and you just want the snow to go away and never come back. Everyday the temperature remains way below freezing, more often than not in the negatives. Waiting for the bus is no paradise come that time of year (although that will change in a few months :) ). So for me right now, I just want the snow to go away. I have had too much of it and it is time for a change, but if it comes it comes and I just deal with it.

Posted by Lord of Spam

[quote]Have I mentioned how beautiful the Springtime blossoms are in my Arizona backyard?

Pretty much the only person that can one up me is Raptor. COASTAL CENTRAL FLORIDA FOR THE WIN!

And yes, the area where I am is better than orlando/pensecola, so the other florida members can eat me.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Lord of Spam]Pretty much the only person that can one up me is Raptor. COASTAL CENTRAL FLORIDA FOR THE WIN!

And yes, the area where I am is better than orlando/pensecola, so the other florida members can eat me.

And any English poster. Sorry, but our countryside and suburbs > America's.

Posted by sabre

Quoting The Judge: Just wear something warm.

Living in California, during the time I went to England, I couldn't have been happier. So much snow! I even had a white Christmas! It was like a living dream.

So yes, I like snow.

Are you kidding? England gets barely any snow.

Posted by Speedfreak

Some parts of it does, it's really quite bizarre. My dad's girlfriend lives about 40 miles away and they get tons of snow in winter.

Posted by basterd

Snow sucks major arse. If you live in it year around and for transportation you need to use a snowsled then yes it might be cool,just driving in it sucks, I'v wrecked 3 cars and on 1 I got studs on my tires and I still wen't off the road, snow was good about 10 years ago, and I hate the slush after it melts, the only thing I like about snow is when there is enough to make snow forts,which I still do today,but the season in america this year sucked. I think maine just sucks. yeah how does it look in arizona with snow all over the sabraros(whateva)?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Speedfreak: And any English poster. Sorry, but our countryside and suburbs > America's.

beach>>>countryside+suburbs

Posted by Speedfreak

We have beaches too. Shit, we have tropical islands just a few miles off coast. Britain has a very unique climate. At this same latitude North America has polar bears whilst we have scorching sun.

Posted by Lord of Spam

You are at the tail end of the Gulf Stream. Hell, the **** thing STARTS around here. Logically, it would follow that our waters (not mine, though, east coast lol) are more swimable for longer parts of the year.

Posted by Speedfreak

Oh sure, English waters are virtually unswimmable for the most part, but at least we don't get sharks or tornados. Otherwise, to be quite frank your mainland is fugly. Ridiculous amounts of barren, empty space; ridiculously structured towns and cities with straight roads. Florida especially makes me want to vomit, though I suspect Orlando is the worst area for nice scenery, and that's the only part of Florida I've been to.

Britain, on the other hand, is essentially a gigantic forest that someone's built on. There's a saying that before Britain was populated a squirrel could get from the 2 farthest points without ever touching the ground.

Funny thing is, though. England is the biggest buyer of convertable cars. My town especially looks like it's populated by a million wannabe James Bonds, apparantly we appreciate the sun more. :p

Aside from that, if you want beaches then go to France. Just a couple of miles away, you know.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

A couple days back, Jim (Philsdad) was complaining about how it was 10 degrees and snowy in Niagara, then sent me a link to Vista's weather page and *****ed about it. About 20 minutes later, the temp dropped to about 59 and it began pouring rain. The Padres game got rained out for the first time in 8 years, and the rain didn't let up for about 24 hours.

[quote=Speedfreak]Oh sure, English waters are virtually unswimmable for the most part, but at least we don't get sharks or tornados. Otherwise, to be quite frank your mainland is fugly. Ridiculous amounts of barren, empty space; ridiculously structured towns and cities with straight roads. Florida especially makes me want to vomit, though I suspect Orlando is the worst area for nice scenery, and that's the only part of Florida I've been to.

Britain, on the other hand, is essentially a gigantic forest that someone's built on. There's a saying that before Britain was populated a squirrel could get from the 2 farthest points without ever touching the ground.

If you hate straight roads, flat empty land, and structured towns, you'd love the San Diego area. After living here almost all of my life, Arizona and New Mexico made me want to die (especially Phoenix - ugly flat piece of crap city built in perfect squares)

Posted by mis0

Quoting Klarth: I love snow and I want it again more than anything in the world. :(

Don't move here. We got way below average snowfall this year, and so far, below average rain. Personally I don't like snow, because it just makes everything muddy and nasty after it melts, and here it usually causes the roads to form black ice, which is a *****. Rain I love, mud or not, because it only rains during the hight of summer and after sweltering 110 degree days, it's so refreshing.

[quote]After living here almost all of my life, Arizona and New Mexico made me want to die (especially Phoenix - ugly flat piece of crap city built in perfect squares
I'll agree that Abq's roads suck *** (except for Gibson because it's concrete) but in the 'burbs it's not so bad, and especially out toward San Ysidro. Also, to some degree the fact that you needn't drive far to find wide, open spaces with unpatrolled, scarcely travelled roads is good. I drive to SY and back for a 60mi roundtrip of awesome every once in a while.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Snow is cold.
Snow is wet.
Snow makes up snowballs.
Snow is made up of snowflakes.
Snow is used to make snowmen.
But never Snow women.
SnowTigers are acceptable.
A SnowNig9er is an oxymoron.
Snow is white.
Except when you pee in it.
Then snow is yellow.
Don't eat yellow snow.
White snow is acceptable to eat.
If snow is white, does mud think it opressed it in it's past?

This has been brought to you by the letter R, the number 4, and the word "and"!

:rolleyes:

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Speedfreak: Oh sure, English waters are virtually unswimmable for the most part, but at least we don't get sharks or tornados. Otherwise, to be quite frank your mainland is fugly. Ridiculous amounts of barren, empty space; ridiculously structured towns and cities with straight roads. Florida especially makes me want to vomit, though I suspect Orlando is the worst area for nice scenery, and that's the only part of Florida I've been to.

Funny thing is, though. England is the biggest buyer of convertable cars. My town especially looks like it's populated by a million wannabe James Bonds, apparantly we appreciate the sun more. :p

Aside from that, if you want beaches then go to France. Just a couple of miles away, you know.

I'd appreciate it more also if it rained almost everyday:cookie:

And yeah, like I said, you cant judge Florida by Orlando. Its an entire city designed to sap as much money from tourists as possible. Thats all it does. As a result, its an overprices souless husk of a city.