Why do people always assume...

Posted by Delilah

That people who play game cubes are younger? I mean, you go to buy a rated-M game cube game, and the gamestop person asks for your ID. But if you go to buy a rated-m xbox game, they don't.

Posted by Slim

Because the general audience of Gamecube is younger. Most games for gamewcube are made for a younger audience aswell. When you go to buy an XBOX game people think "Well, he obviously has an XBOX (which is a system based entirely around First Person shooters & sports games), so he must be old enough to have the games for an XBOX (in general they are rated Teen and up).

I do agree that you don't need to be yung to play gamecube however. I have all three systems myself...

Posted by Red

how many games are there on GC that are rated M, compared to X -Box's you prove a point ladydragonrider, but Slim is right most Gamecube audiences are probably younger or at least meant for younger audiences.

Posted by Sk2k52

Most games on the GC is aimed towards ALL ages, aka, everyone. People see that and instantly think its just for kids and calls it kidda. tadaaaaa.

Posted by Colonel

Just becasue they're rated E doen't mean they're for kids, thats why the "E" stands for "EVERYONE"

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

There's a problem with that logic. Though E does mean "everyone", there's no "LOL FOR KIDS" rating. So not every E game is meant for everyone. Sure the GC might have a lot of E games, and many of those are meant for the entire famliy, but it also has an abundance of "just for kids" games. That with the lack of any software makes the system look kiddy. It lacks big names to cover up the "flood" of disney games.

Posted by Drewboy64

because people are stupid.

Posted by GameMiestro

My arguement was deleted? Whatever. Basic point: No online is bad (unless you're amish), kids are less likely to care, hence, they figure you're younger.

Posted by Axis

Huh, I remember there being about a page or two of stuff in here and someone deleted it. It was probably Ant. Oh well.

Posted by poisonblood

I myself own 30 plus gamcube games and i dont consider a single one of them to be "kiddie". When ever I hear people talkin about how the gamcube is a system for kids I try and defend it the best I can, and try my best to make them look stupid.

Posted by Ant

Quoting GameMiestro: My arguement was deleted? Whatever. Basic point: No online is bad (unless you're amish), kids are less likely to care, hence, they figure you're younger.

Quoting Axis: Huh, I remember there being about a page or two of stuff in here and someone deleted it. It was probably Ant. Oh well.

Check this thread to as why the posts were deleted http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=12266
(In short, because the site got hacked and had to be rebooted back to April 1st.)

Posted by Axis

Oh, didn't even know that happened. Probably because I was out partying over the weekend. :(

Posted by Kestryl

Aw, I love my new Game Cube! Just because a system doesn't have all these bloody gory shooting games doesn't make it "kiddy." COME ON! ZELDA!
I think alot of people get the impression that it's kiddy because of the clear bubbly graphics. They're more cartoony than realistic.

Posted by Nickd009

When tou assume you make an *** out of u and me! ;)

Posted by Psy

how many M rated games are on the gamecube? not that many cause most of them are for a younger auidance and that like they said if you were to compare it to the xbox or ps2 there is way more m rated games on them, thats why they are mainly for a younger auidance

Posted by Random

I don't know why that is myself. I mean it does seem that way but that doesn't mean there aren't older people who play it. I've gone to a lot of Gaming tournaments including some GC Tournies and there seem to be a lot of college students that play Gamecube in the area.

Posted by Dexter

Most of the college students I know tend to play Nintendo. There are plenty of teen and mature Game Cube games. This one guy in my class started playing Resident Evil 4 the other week and he has been addicted to it since, missing out on some homework assignments as a result of it. Resident Evil 4 seems to be the most popular M rated Game Cube game.

Most of the popular Game Cube games, however, are usually rated E for everyone or T instead of M. Most of the games that I enjoy seem to fit within the T for teen rating.

Posted by Ant

A little off-topic. But it seems as if nobody in the area where I live even knows what a Gamecube is. It's either PS2 or XBOX. They don't even bring up the exsistance of Gamecube or Nintendo in general. It's always the PSP, never the DS.

Just a little observation on my part :angel:

Posted by Random

Well I know what you mean Ant. I know a good bit of people who have Gamecubes don't get me wrong, but there are just a massive scale of PS2 or XBox Gamers compared to Gamecube gamers in my area. I've been to Xbox Tournaments that have had hundreds of people entered. Though I haven't seen that massive scale for PS2 fans I used to work in Game Retail and I can tell you PS2's sold probably twice as fast as Xbox's and 5 times faster than Gamecubes.

Posted by Arczu

Must have something to do with people want a lot of mainstream games or FPSes. Sufice to say, its not the same case here. Just about everyone I know have at least a Gamcube before anything else.

A matter of prefereance I guess.

Posted by XxLionheartXx

There are alot more E-rated games then the Xbox because the xbox has superb graphics and people adore blood and gore, they dont want to be playing CHi-Chi Robot on a crappy graphic console

Posted by Last Fog

Theres a huge lack of third-party support for gamecube, so the handful of good games are all developed by Nintendo. Deny it all you want, but nintendo aims ALL their games at a young audiance. Sure, lots of adults play zelda, but every zelda game has had cartoon-like graphics, all the characters look child-like, and they're not at all challenging. An experienced person can play through the entire game without dying once. And even though games like resident evil series and metroid prime are licensed by nintendo, theyre not developed by them. nintendo just sticks their name on it. So it's mainly the company, not the console itself.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Last Fog]every zelda game has had cartoon-like graphics, all the characters look child-like, and they're not at all challenging
Ocarina of Time meets the criteria for realistic graphics, non-childish characters and a challenge. As does Majora's Mask. Wind Waker was challenging. Twilight Princess? We don't know if it'll be challenging yet.

[quote=XxLionheartXx]
There are alot more E-rated games then the Xbox because the xbox has superb graphics and people adore blood and gore, they dont want to be playing CHi-Chi Robot on a crappy graphic console
...You do realise that apart from lack of shader support, the Gamecube's Gekko GPU was the most powerful graphics chipset of the sixth console generation, right?

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Klarth: Wind Waker was challenging.
Uhh.. not where I come from. Maybe more than other zeldas, but that doesnt say much.

Posted by Zeta

WW was ****ing easy. And Nintendo has confirmed that TP will be harder.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

WW was challenging for kids. Mainly because no young child could sit through the long sailing parts.

Quoted post: Sure, lots of adults play zelda, but every zelda game has had cartoon-like graphics, all the characters look child-like, and they're not at all challenging. An experienced person can play through the entire game without dying once.

The only child-like Zelda game was WW. The 2D ones were, well, 2D. So you couldn't really say "this is child-like, and this is mature". Then there's OoT which had realistic graphics, same with MM. And if my cousin is any indication, MM is too scary for little kids.

And yeah, TP is supposed to be more challenging then any of the other Zeldas. And it has "realistic" graphics.

Quoted post: And even though games like resident evil series and metroid prime are licensed by nintendo, theyre not developed by them. nintendo just sticks their name on it. So it's mainly the company, not the console itself.

Retro is first-party. Capcom is third-party. Thar be a difference.

Posted by Slim

Why can no one just accept that it is a system made generally for younger audiences. That doesn't mean you can't play it! just accept the facts, this is nothing that requires defending. I play it! Doesn't mean I'm a child, and it does, in no way, offend me. Give it up already!

Posted by Klarth

It's not a system produced for younger audiences, it's a system produced for general audiences - ie; everyone. The PS2 has its fair share of ****ty childish games, too.

Posted by Pit_42

The GCN does not have kiddie games for the most part. Most games on there are cool and inventive. All Xbox and PS2 have are crappy games that no one plays (except Halo).

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Klarth: It's not a system produced for younger audiences, it's a system produced for general audiences - ie; everyone. The PS2 has its fair share of ****ty childish games, too.

Exactly. Just because it doesn't have as many darker games doesn't mean it's for younger people, it's just for everyone.