Google Earth april fools

Posted by Klarth

http://www.jarnot.com/mt/archives/2006/04/they_come_in_pe.php

Very nice. :D Wonder if it's on Flashearth or Google Local, too.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Hahaha. Simple, but decent.

Posted by GameMiestro

Why is Area 51 on Google Earth in the first place?

Posted by Klarth

I suppose the alien autopsies and the like all take place underground.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting GameMiestro: Why is Area 51 on Google Earth in the first place?

This was addressed about the same time that North Korea complained about some of their nuclear sites being on display on Google Earth - these photographs are at least a year out of date - you're looking at Area 51, c2004-2005.

Posted by Trigger

Unless they have had a huge remodel of the entire base since then, the year is irrelevant.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Trigger: Unless they have had a huge remodel of the entire base since then, the year is irrelevant.

My point is, it's not a direct feed. You're not seeing what they're doing right now, so it's pretty much meaningless.

Posted by Trigger

A picture of the Area 51 base is one step closer and allows easier planning, for whatever purpose. A photo will never be a live stream of what they are doing at the time, and you are a fool if you think that is the purpose it would serve.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Trigger: A picture of the Area 51 base is one step closer and allows easier planning, for whatever purpose. A photo will never be a live stream of what they are doing at the time, and you are a fool if you think that is the purpose it would serve.

You can see the Pentagon, Downing Street, the Kremlin, and the United Nations on Google Earth - does that make it easier to plan for whatever you're attempting to do?

Posted by Trigger

Why not?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Trigger: Why not?

... Because the security on site at any of these locations outweighs any advantage of having a map of the area?

Posted by mis0

Arguably, it's a map you wouldn't ordinarily have. And you might be able to find hiding spots, etc, from such vantage points.

Posted by Trigger

Finally, someone like Misoxeny, who isn't a tool, comes in and makes some sense!

[quote=The X]... Because the security on site at any of these locations outweighs any advantage of having a map of the area?
It's free. The map would take about five minutes to obtain, with very little effort consumed and allows for a slighly more flawless execution. :rolleyes:

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

IT IS BECAUSE EVERYBODY KNOWS IT IS THERE BUT NOBODY KNOWS THE FLOORPLAN OR THE LAYOUT OF THE UNDERGROUND PARTS YOU BICKERIN MORON. THE SAME GOES FOR THE KREMLIN AND THE PENTAGON. YOU CAN REMODEL THE BUILDING, BUT NOT WHAT OBJECTS OR PEOPLE IT CONTAINS, SO IT ISN'T REALLY AN ISSUE. . . JESUS YOU'D ARGUE WITH A ROCK

Posted by mis0

HE'S GONNA BLOW!!1

[quote]Finally, someone like Misoxeny, who isn't a tool, comes in and makes some sense!
It's just how I roll. But I probaby am a tool; you guys just don't know.

Posted by Trigger

You can be my wench.

[spoiler]I am so funny, I crack me up.[/spoiler]

Posted by Killer Jordo

If you download Google Earth. I belive that the payable version is updated each week. So you are gettign a very close feed. I belive that it's upadated every week from what I've read. I'm trying to get my school to pay for it. I think it would be great for alot of classes.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Killer Jordo: If you download Google Earth. I belive that the payable version is updated each week. So you are gettign a very close feed. I belive that it's upadated every week from what I've read. I'm trying to get my school to pay for it. I think it would be great for alot of classes.

You're a tool. You're like the people who buy those giant 100kg easter eggs which are overpriced by a factor of a hundred, just so you can look cool.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

It may be updated every week, but it's not the whole planet.

Posted by Trigger

Way to bump.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Okay, wtf. If it's on first page, it's fair game.