Gaming Magazines

Posted by wlminter

What video Game magazies do you subscribe to, or at least read often? For me, I subscribe to GamePro. What about you!?

Please tell which one you subscribe to if you choose either "Console Specific" or "Other".

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

None. Why pay for a ****ty magazine when I can read the articles online or see the scans?

Posted by Ant

Sadly Gamepro. I only do so because I get it free off a link Raptor posted about 2 years ago. They still send me it every 2 months or so for free, so I'm not going to complain. Unfortunatly, EGM actually stopped sending them to me after a year. But like Vampiro said, the internet is a much better source for finding info about gaming, much faster and up to date too.

Posted by Klarth

I had a Nintendo Power subscription until I was eight. I still pick up Edge whenever I'm at the airport, though.

Posted by GameMiestro

You might find this weird, but I have a certain facination for very old game magazines, esp. ones 10 years or older. That doesn't mean that newer ones aren't interesting- I found one with an advertisement for the "action packed" Superman for the N64. I had a good laugh with that one.

Posted by Big Boss

I used to subscribe to 7 different game mags at a time, but starting the rigorous Game Development program would make staying updated with each of them impossible.

Now, I buy OPM every now and then while I'm subscribed to EGM for a couple of more months. I'm also getting three free issues of Nintendo Power. I also read Game Developer regularly.

Posted by Linko_16

As I said before VGC's Groundhog's Day experience, I subscribe to EGM because it's humorous and offers general news and info on videogames. I used to subscribe to Nintendo Power because, you know, it's frikkin' Nintendo Power, but I eventually realized that it really sucked and stopped subscribing.

Posted by Klarth

Oh, and don't forget NGC. EASILY the funniest gaming mag ever published - Chances are you haven't heard of it, though, what with it being all Britain-only.

Haven't picked it up in over a year, though. Is it still published?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Klarth]Oh, and don't forget NGC. EASILY the funniest gaming mag ever published - Chances are you haven't heard of it, though, what with it being all Britain-only.

Haven't picked it up in over a year, though. Is it still published?

SOLVE MY FUCKING MAZE.

And yeah, it's still here. First people to report that Zelda would use the Revolution controller. People slagged them off, but they were eventually proven right.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

I used to subscribe to the hilarious Game Players/Ultra Game Players a LOONG time ago, but the magazine went belly up in 1998. I subscribed to Nintendo Power and GamePro too, but I let the subscriptions lapse 'cuz I got bored of them.

Posted by GameMiestro

The Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion issues were the best that NP ever published. If they made more like that, I would be a lot more eager to resubscribe.

I want an exclusively DS magazine...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Speedfreak: SOLVE MY FUCKING MAZE.

And yeah, it's still here. First people to report that Zelda would use the Revolution controller. People slagged them off, but they were eventually proven right.

I used to love that magazine.

Lex Luthor YOU BROKE MY MAZE.

:(

Posted by Klarth

Do they still have Kittsy?

DO THEY?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Klarth: Do they still have Kittsy?

DO THEY?

I was more concerned about Geriant...

:(

Posted by Dog

i get nintendo power as a gift, when i asked for gamepro:(

Posted by KoH

I like Play. :) Oddly enough, only a few people I've asked about it have known the mag.

Posted by Raptor

Years ago, I was a subscriber to EGM and Nintendo Power. I was even a member of the Super Power Club, and still have a couple books full of several sets of the Power Challenge Trading Cards and Megaman pogs.

Then I started using the internet, and consequently let all my subscriptions run out.