The Ramones

Posted by Creature

Hey does anybody here like The Ramones? I do I think they're the best band ever.

Posted by Dexter

It has been a long time since I last listened to them. I suppose I never cared too much about them or I would still be listening to them. There was a time when I was really into all the punk bands, but that quickly faded away back in 2001.

Recommend me some of their best songs and I'll check them out again, since I barely remember them at all. Why do you like them so much?

Posted by MetalVox~55

yeah, this band sucks, but I respect them for what they've done for music.

Posted by Dexter

What have they done for music?

Posted by Blackacidevil

f them, listen to the misfits

Posted by Creature

I do.... I just dont have any of there cds... This kid at school let me listen to some of his cd's.

Posted by Stalolin

They've got a few good songs, but most of their stuff is repetitive as hell.

Posted by Shade

^Thank you. That's the case I make when he asks why I don't like them.

Posted by Stalolin

Blitzkrieg Bop and Beat On the Brat are like the only two songs I can stand now after listening to most of their stuff.

KKK Took My Baby Away gets an honourable mention though.

Posted by Creature

What about songs like Needles and Pins, and Bonzo Goes to Bitburg... Those are great songs from The Ramones.

Posted by Shade

[quote=Creature]Bonzo Goes to Bitburg

Musta been stoned when naming that song.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Shade]Musta been stoned when naming that song.
It's about president Reagan visiting some Nazi tombs that contained American and German soldiers in a place called Bitburg.

Posted by Creature

Ever listen to the song? It has a good drum part, and the lyrics are so weird that I can't figure out what they're about. I like that.

EDIT: Thanks Stalolin for explaining them.

Posted by Altinure

Dude, Bonzo Goes to Bitburg is, in my opinion, the quintesential punk song. It's a critique on Present Reagan (known as the Bonzo president). It has amazing, but a simplistic, drum beat, and has one of my favorite drum solos at around 2:15. In fact, it's one of my favorite drum songs ever. It's minimalist, but so well executed. It also has great punk guitar. It's such a good song.

Seriously, check it out.