Do not play Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

Posted by Lord of Spam

This game is evil. It is the most foul, eldrich creation ever wrought by the hands of man.

On monday, I gained access to a copy of said game. Since then I have played over 30 hours. I have missed 2 classes, and dropped so out of the world that I didnt even talk to my girlfriend for 2 days.

You are not strong enough to handle this game. It will grab a hold of you, and sink its claws into, and the worst part is, you will relish every second of it. Do not let yourself become addicted. If someone offers to let you play, or tells you that you should, play it safe. Punch them in the face and run. Run far, and keep running. Do not run until you have come to a place where there is no electricity, and never let your gaurd down, lest a copy find itself in your path, calling you with its siren song.

Posted by brownoystercult

Sounds great.

Posted by Zeta

And so Oblivion claims another victim.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

STILL HAVEN'T OPENED IT :mad:

Mainly because I can't decide how I want to build my character...

That's a pretty lame reason..

Posted by Demonblade

yeah, i generally just wing it the first time anyways...

Quoted post: That's a pretty lame reason..

Mainly. I've also been waiting until I have a good eight hours of free time.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Oh ***, eight hours isnt enough. Not nearly enough.

Posted by Demonblade

**** i need to buy a 360. Im contemplating whether or not i want to try and survive off of 250 dollars for 2 weeks, thats about all i'll be left with if i buy one tomorrow.

Posted by Lord of Spam

DO

NOT

PLAY

ES4O

Posted by Demonblade

i wont, i want to play GRAW more...and thats all i really have money for.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I remember trying out Elder Scrolls III, but didn't find it very appealing. So I'm not too excited about trying any of the other series right away. But I can always look into this.

Quoted post: Oh ***, eight hours isnt enough. Not nearly enough.

Oh I know. I just don't expect to get anymore than that. I just want enough time to start the adventure. Then I can continue on in short bursts afterwards.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I've started the main quest after compelting the Arena and dark brotherhood mission series. I'm a level 20 stealthy mage, though for reasons I'll describe below, I'm now more of a cinjurer/evoker (i,e, summon things, and then blast enemies while they are distracted.

I started out as a mage that sneaked around and summoned things while staying hidden, only using my offensive magic to finish things off. But once I started enchanting things wioth chameleon, it got silly. I eventually got my chameleon up to 155%, at which point I was permanately invisible. No matter how much I attacked, even if I stood right in front and blasted away, things jsut stoof there. It took ALL risk out of the game, whic also removed all fun. So I enchanted a suit of armor to give me +50 intelligence and +30 willpower, and jsut became a supreme nuker instead.

Posted by Poco

Waiting till it is greatest hits price or platinum hits or whatever.

That'll take about 2 years.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Not really, its selling pretty well I hear.

Well, I got through the first few missions. I wont post any spoilers, but suffice it to say that the enemies leveled to be mroe in line with my levels than my allies. At the end of the fight, I was the lone surviver awash in a sea of bodies. I like to think of it as more loot for me.

Posted by Dexter

I reached level 14 today.

The first main mission takes forever, but it is so much fun and the time seems to go by 5 times as fast. I was so determined to get past the entire first mission, but alas, I wasn't able to. If only I didn't have other obligations in my way. I remember when I got Morrowind, I was able to spend several days playing it without having to go absent for a few days.

I started some of the Fighting Guild missions today, too, beginning with the rats in the basement. I thought it would be a 5 minute quicky but one thing lead to another and before I knew it I ran out of time.

I need to work on my sneaking skills. :(

Posted by Axis

Last time I checked I completed all of the Fighters, Dark Brotherhood, and most of the main questline.

I have pretty much everything maxed out, yet only at level 5 :cookie:

But I must say, discovering the first Oblivion gate (after about thirty hours) was one of the coolest moments I've ever played. Should have started those missions earlier.

Which reminds me to ask: What's the level cap for Oblivion?

Quoted post: Which reminds me to ask: What's the level cap for Oblivion?

There is none. Raise your major skills to 100, then your level will cap. However, if you continuously go to jail, you can keep leveling due to the fact that jail time lowers your skills, yet not your level. So, let's say you cap at 26, go to jail a few times, raise your skills back up, cap at 30, then repeat.

I'm liking the unique leveling system.

What exactly happens when you go to jail by the way? Do you actually see your character in the cell or does text just appear saying "you go to jail." Also, if you can walk around while in jail, how exactly do you get out? Can you sneak out?

Quoted post: What exactly happens when you go to jail by the way? Do you actually see your character in the cell or does text just appear saying "you go to jail." Also, if you can walk around while in jail, how exactly do you get out? Can you sneak out?

When you go to jail, you're actually thrown into a cell. There's quite a bit you can do actually. You can converse with other prisoners (and get side-quests I believe), sleep off your sentence, pit-pocket guards to get the key, pick the locks to break out, steal back all your items, and just explore the prison in general.

That is seriously kick-***. I'd expect dull text saying "you're fined." and then you just respawn elsewhere.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Nah. How the cops react depends on several factors. If they see you commit a crime, they automatically react. If not, its gets fuzzier. Basically, as long as your bounty isnt over a certain level, and no gaurds are chasing you, they wont react unless you talk to them.

If you do get aggro'd onto by the gaurds, then there are three ways it can go down. You can either go to jail and serve your term (1 day for every 100gold worth of bounty, with one skill per day taking a two point hit), or you can just pay the gold. In that case, you get a short lecture, they take you to outside of the nearest jail, and you are free to go. If you're feeling saucy, however (or if you think you are a badass), then you can resist arrest. If you chose that path, then you had either get out of town FAST (since every gaurd in town will chase and attempt to kill you) or be VERY sure that you can wade your way through a sea of regenerating gaurds to the nearest exit. BUT, since each gaurd you kill is a 1000gold bounty, you might want to stick to fleeing. Also, if your bounty reaches a certain limit (not sure, but I think its 3k gold, or 3 murders, in other words) the gaurds will no longer accept a payoff, and you must either fight or do the jail time (unless you are in the theives guild, in which case you can get one of the doyens to pay off your debt for half).

What you CAN do, however, is hit someone while not in view of a guard, and then run to a gaurd. When they see you being hit for no reason, they assume the other is the perpetrator and attack them full force. It doesnt always work, but its good fun when it does.

Quoted post: or you can just pay the gold. In that case, you get a short lecture, they take you to outside of the nearest jail, and you are free to go.

And have all your stolen items taken away. Which is why no one pays the fine. It's easier to just go to jail and steal your items back, or resist arrest and have the Thieves Guild take care of your bounty.

Quoted post: If you chose that path, then you had either get out of town FAST (since every gaurd in town will chase and attempt to kill you) or be VERY sure that you can wade your way through a sea of regenerating gaurds to the nearest exit. BUT, since each gaurd you kill is a 1000gold bounty, you might want to stick to fleeing.

Which will get your *** kicked if your character sucks. I tried that when I first started... It wasn't long before I was dead. After all, the guards are what, ten levels above you?

Quoted post: What you CAN do, however, is hit someone while not in view of a guard, and then run to a gaurd. When they see you being hit for no reason, they assume the other is the perpetrator and attack them full force. It doesnt always work, but its good fun when it does.

Ugh, I remember doing that. Turns out they killed a pretty important character. So I had to restart from a really old save file. Not fun.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Progress update!

I continue in the main quest. POSSIBLE SPOILERS LOL [spoiler]I cleared out the dagon shrine. Turns out then were all mages,[/spoiler] so I'd just go stealth, and throw two fire balls at them from a distance. Since it takes time for the actual ball of fire to travel, I'd have already cast two before the first one got there, so most of them died without even seeing me. *** I love being a stealth mage.

Quoting Vampiro: And have all your stolen items taken away. Which is why no one pays the fine. It's easier to just go to jail and steal your items back, or resist arrest and have the Thieves Guild take care of your bounty.

I used the money glitch. I had about 500k at level one. In fact, at lower levels, I'd hit one of them, resist arrest, and just let them beat me up in order to get my block and armor skills up.

Quoting Vampiro: Which will get your *** kicked if your character sucks. I tried that when I first started... It wasn't long before I was dead. After all, the guards are what, ten levels above you?

It seems to be easier to kill them as a fighter with heal spells for some reason. My first character was a fighter with (by accident) the sign of the apprentice and teh standard combat skills plus restoration. He could beat people down and heal himself pretty well. He would slog through hordes of gaurds without even noticing. In fact, I got him about half of his levels by killing gaurds. On my stealth mage, however, ****ing with gaurds gets me killed VERY fast. And yeah, the standard gaurds are 10 levels up, with gaurd captains being 15 levels up.

Quoting Vampiro: Ugh, I remember doing that. Turns out they killed a pretty important character. So I had to restart from a really old save file. Not fun.

Yeah, anytime I see a named npc bite the dust for some reason that isnt story line involved, I reload. Then again I save often.

Quoted post: I used the money glitch. I had about 500k at level one. In fact, at lower levels, I'd hit one of them, resist arrest, and just let them beat me up in order to get my block and armor skills up.

I had two million at level two :cookie:
But still, I like collecting tons and tons of stolen goods. So I don't like when it gets taken away from me.

Quoted post: On my stealth mage, however, ****ing with gaurds gets me killed VERY fast.

I don't have too much of a problem, since I focus on stealth, magicka AND combat. But I stil find it a tad difficult when too many come after me. So I just avoid it all together. It's not fun getting caught anyways. I like to get away with my crimes.

Quoted post:
Yeah, anytime I see a named npc bite the dust for some reason that isnt story line involved, I reload. Then again I save often.

Yeah, I save pretty often. Though not too much for some reason (30+ hours, only 66 saves). But yeah, I killed some ***** near a bandit camp thinking she was an Archer Bandit. Turned out she was part of one of the guilds. ****ed me over pretty **** good.

Posted by Lord of Spam

All I can do is sneak, summon, blast, and heal. Then again, I have at least a 150 intelligence and 133 will, so i do all my mage stuff pretty well. I can lob a 70 damage fireball about once every 1.5 seconds, and with the lich I summon to assist me, things tend to die right quickly, especially if they make the mistake of focusing on the lich.

However, my combat sucks balls. I'm using Goldbrand (daedric quests woo) and when its charged it does 29 damage. Thats right. A sword with a 22 damage bonus only does 29 damage for me.

My room mate, however, has maxed blade skill and strength, and deals over 60 a hit with it. He once took three doses of skooma at once (+60 strength and +60 somethign else, -20 agility, i think) and was ohko-ing gaurds. It was hilarious.

Posted by Arczu

****... this game sounds like fun...

I'd better be a apectator from what I'm hearing... because I might get absorbed into it as well. But I don't got a 360 so what am I talking about?

Approximately how many hours have you poured into the game?

Get it for PC.

My friend has it and says it's great. He's supposed to be giving it to me, so I'll see how it is.

Posted by Lord of Spam

360 version is superior.

I've spent well over 60 hours on it so far, and I'm like, maybe 1/3 to 1/2 into it.

40 hours. Besides talking to some priest, I haven't evne started the main quest yet.

Speaking of which, I must say, one of the best quests so far was the paranoid woodelf one. I won't spoil anything, but even though you have to follow people all day, it still managed to be both hilarious and badass.

Quoting Lord of Spam: 360 version is superior.

But if you don't have a 360, but a computer that meets the requirements...*oscar*

Posted by Lord of Spam

...you'll wish you could play it on 360:cookie:

Posted by Dexter

eww. Playing Oblivion on the computer sounds like a dreadful idea. :(

Of course, I don't really enjoy playing games on computers, especially when they are as huge and take up as much energy as Oblivion does. Consoles are definitely the way to go.

Agreed completely. I can't sit at my computer for five hours straight without feeling some degree of discomfort. However, with a console I have no problem. Whether it be the controller, the fact that the screens bigger, or even being able to lay down. Either way, a console is a must in this case.

Quoted post: Actually, you dont even have to do that. If you wait in the meeting spot for 24 hours and just tell him that you followed them, he believes you anyway.

:mad: too late! I followed each one from six AM to twelve AM... all they did was stand in their house or ho the dirt. But at the time I actually, kinda, believed him so I wanted to be sure. Plus, it got my sneak skill up to 100, and my acrobatics to 70. So I can't complain.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yeah, but its more funny to lie and collect money for nothing, then once he asks to to kill them, tell a gaurd and watch him get pwnd.

**** that. I just told them they were up to nothing, then he flipped out and attacked me. So I just killed him. Much more fun that way.

Yeah, but if it's free, then who cares. :cookie:

By saying you have the recommended "requirements" doesn't even cut it.

I recently got a new computer with 2gb of ram, a GeForce 7300 256mb videocard, and 2.8Ghz. I still can't run it on the max settings or even well on the medium settings. Very demanding game.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I'm guessing that there is either something wrong with your computer, or you have subpar components.

Edit: not meant to be offensive. that just doesnt seem right.

I know people that have spent nearly 2 grand on their computers and still can't run Oblivion to look like the 360.

Posted by inequity

I have it, but never found it to be addicting. If anything, I was extremely fustrated with the constant loading screens and all.

How many classes are there in Oblivion?

Quoted post: How many classes are there in Oblivion?

Classes or races?

Because there's as many classes as you want. Hell, I'm a blitzkrieg class (lol, ist krieg) which I created myself. 'Cause, you know, my character hits hard and fast.

... yeah.

Quoted post: I have it, but never found it to be addicting. If anything, I was extremely fustrated with the constant loading screens and all.

I really don't have a problem with them. Mainly because most of the time I'm just exploring. I don't really go inside places unneedlessly and I rarely fast-travel.

Though the problem might be due to your cache (if you're playing the 360 version). Clear it.

Vamp: I know there's a limited amount of RACES but I meant actual CLASSES; so there's an unlimited amount due to the fact that you can create your own, right? But my question is, how many pre-made classes are there?

Inequity: Even though the load times on the PC version on my computer take about 5 second tops, due to the 2gb of RAM.

You ABSOLUTELY do NOT want to play this game on your PC with 512Mb RAM, even though it's under *minimum* specs, load screens take about two minutes each.

And yeah, if you're wondering how I know all this stuff when I don't even own the game yet, it's because I borrowed my friends copy to try it out on my new computer. I should be picking it up today. Can't wait.

Quoted post: Vamp: I know there's a limited amount of RACES but I meant actual CLASSES; so there's an unlimited amount due to the fact that you can create your own, right? But my question is, how many pre-made classes are there?

21 I believe. None of them are really satisfying though.

Ah, okay, it's still a lot compared to World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, and EQ.

Posted by meleii

I've only done the main questline and it took me 22hrs 18min to beat it. the final battle is a lil rediculous. I had to restart the mission like 12 times b/c martin kept dying. but the show is well worth it. now it is time to do the rest of the game

Pff, who does the main quest before everything else? I'm 100 hours in and haven't even touched the main quest yet...

oh, and I'm still at level ten. :cookie:

Posted by meleii

the only reason I did the main quest first is to see how the ending was and it was well worth it

and by the way 360 is better I'm playin it on pc
amd fx60
2gig dual channel ddr ram
ati radeon x1800

and I still cant run it with the graphics maxxed

Yeah, that seems to be a problem for a lot of people. Even with a halfway decent rig it runs like ****. Though you're giving up mods on the 360, you're probably going to get a better running game.

Oh, and I gotta say, I'm not looking forward to this new patch. I'll have to unhook my connection so it doesn't auto-update on me,

Posted by Dexter

I reached level 31 today. I did a magical little mission today where I was brought into an exquisite painting and was surrounded by a painted environment, much like the film What Dreams May Come. I had to fight a few trolls and get a paintbrush off a dead guy to paint a doorway out of there, but part of me didn't want to go. It was gorgeous. Anyone else do this mission yet? Definitely one of the better ones.

I actually haven't played that quest in my own game, but I was able to play part of it at my friend's house. And ***, I can't wait until I get around to it with my character. It was surprisingly beautiful, different, and fun. It's just a shame they didn't do something like that in one of the Mages Guild quests, you know, where you had to hop into that guys dreamworld? I don't know, I expected it to be a bit more... dream-like, or at least a real nightmare. But all they really did was throw in a red light. Really disappointing.

Posted by Dexter

Alas, I haven't gotten into the Mages Guild or Fighters Guild missions yet. I'm still within the beginning rat mission with the fighters. I'm hoping to make some process with those this weekend. I'm looking forward to them.

When I go to jail, they take away one of my minor attributes. Is there any way to get them to take away one of your major attributes so later on in the game you can keep leveling up? I'm far from reaching that point where I need to do that, but I'm just wondering if it is at all possible. My blade is 100 and it would be nice to level that down and progress again so I can level up easier.

Quoting Dexter: That's why my sneaking skills are lacking. I didn't even realize that ring was giving my position away. Is there a nighteye ring? What's a Gray Cowl?

Yeah, sneaking works a lot like it would in the real world, I guess. It depends on the ambient lighting, and how much light is shed on you. So, of course, if you have a spell like Moonlight cast on yourself, you're now a walking lantern. Thus, every enemy can see you, no matter how good your sneaking skills are (mine is 135-ish, and even I have to watch out for that stuff).

As for a nighteye ring, I haven't run into one yet. Though there's quite a few helmets, spells, and potions that should fix that. You could even enchant your own armour to give you nighteye if you really wanted.

Oh, and the Gray Cowl (minor spoilers for the Thieves Guild if you care) is the cowl you get after doing the final mission in the Thieves Guild. The Gray Fox reveals his true self, and bestows the cowl onto you. It gives you Feather 200 points, Sneak 25 points (around there anyways) and 150 ft Detect Life. So it's pretty badass for doing caves and whatnot, since you can see your enemies far into the caverns and you can carry a lot more stuff with you. But, there is a downside. You can't get anywhere near cities without the Guards coming after you. So unless you have some feather spells or potions, or just want to boot it your house and yield later on, it doesn't matter. However, like I said, you can yield to them if you take off the cowl, and you can dump your infamy onto the Gray Fox since it's a completely separate identity. So, in the end, it becomes one of the best items in the game.

Quoted post:
When I go to jail, they take away one of my minor attributes. Is there any way to get them to take away one of your major attributes so later on in the game you can keep leveling up? I'm far from reaching that point where I need to do that, but I'm just wondering if it is at all possible. My blade is 100 and it would be nice to level that down and progress again so I can level up easier.

Yup. It should eventually start eating away at your major skills as well. It's the only way to increase your levels once you reach 100 in every skill. It just might take awhile...

Posted by Dexter

I defeated Oblivion over the weekend. Well, at least when it comes to the main quest. I'm not going to stop there, though. I'm going to work on as many of the side quest as possible and see where it leads me. There are still many places I want to explore, items I'd like to obtain, etc. I imagine the side quest can last a very long time and I'm not at the point where I'd dedicate myself to fulfilling them all completely, but we'll see how it goes and what happens.

Yeah, they last a very long time. Assuming you don't fast travel. And most of them actually end up being worth your time. Go figure.

Posted by Dexter

Oh, I'm virtually always fast traveling, unless there are some places I want to explore in between or something. All the side quest so far has been worth my time and I'm still enjoying the game very much, so I don't see myself ending them anytime soon. I always look forward to what comes up next. Somehow the adventure feels far from being over.

Posted by Winky

i found a glitch in one of the oblivion gates where it lets you swim in the lava. you'll die in about 10 minutes... but hey thats ten minutes of lava swimming!

but seriously best rpg I've ever played... unfortunatly playing it has brought the following "consequences" into my life of playing rpgs:

gained 40 pounds
isolated self from world
the most work-out i get is from eating
have no friends (they liked countertrike better and i was like aw naw screw dat ish shoooo)

im f-ing an ogre now. six pack to 3 kegs in one. NOT COOL

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yeah, you went from a six pack to a keg in the few months that the game was out. Thats believeable. :rolleyes:

If you get a high enough fire resist, and become a master of whatever skill governs jumping (acrobatics, i think), you can travel across the lava fairly easily. If you travel far enough, you come across a flat, barren terrain with no features that stretches into infinity. Pretty funny stuff.

edit: the moron reveals himself with a ninja'd post.

Quoted post: If you get a high enough fire resist, and become a master of whatever skill governs jumping (acrobatics, i think), you can travel across the lava fairly easily. If you travel far enough, you come across a flat, barren terrain with no features that stretches into infinity. Pretty funny stuff.

Exactly. And if you can't get it through normal means for some reason, just item stack. Bam.

Though doing the lava thing isn't half as fun as building paintbrush strairs up the white tower.

Posted by Winky

I'm not a moron. =(

i think the most depressing part of that game when my first horse died... after that they just kept dying......

Shadowmere is the only horse worth owning. Not only does it never die, but it's a portale storage chest.

So who rode the ****in unicorn?

Me, that thing's a badass weapon when it wants to be.

Posted by juliebriggs

i dont see the appeal to oblivian. ive had it since the release and ive played it maybe 4 hours at the most. it just doesnt do it for me. reminds me of world of warcraft without the other players

Then you're clearly stupid.

Posted by juliebriggs

im stupid cause it doesnt appeal to me and i like a more classic rpg? im sorry, but your opinion of me is blurred

No, it was the WoW thing that did it.

Posted by juliebriggs

oh. i rarely play that too. i lost intrest in it

point proven then. :cookie:

Posted by juliebriggs

yeah, i must be stupid cause i dont wanna waste my time on crappy games

Yeah, pretty much. You're even more of an idiot for taking a joke seriously.

Posted by juliebriggs

i didnt know calling someone a idiot was a joke. you my friend, are the joke

It's common knowledge that everything I say is pretty much usually always in jest. :cookie:

lurk moar

Posted by juliebriggs

well im new here, so cut me some slack :-p

i apologize for calling u an idiot :)

btw, i just played oblivian for 2 hours and its not too bad

Quoted post: well im new here, so cut me some slack :-p

What better way to experience the subtleties of the internets than first-hand?

But yeah, maybe you just need to play it more. The begining/training area is quite lame. After that, it's pretty cool for about ten minutes, then it's lame again. But then after that it's quite an amazing game. You just havew to get wrapped up in the side-quests, like the various guilds.

Or maybe that type of game isn't your cup of tea. Which you would have then wasted a good five hours of your life.

Posted by juliebriggs

i did the first cave area, then i explored the first city for awhile, then went out and explored the world, got killed by a unicorn. i havent done any quests yet. been too busy looking around

Quoted post: got killed by a unicorn.

I lol'd, because the same happened to me. Turns out you can't be violent around it. But it does make for a sweet ride, and helps pretty well during battles.

Posted by juliebriggs

i got close to it and a necromancer chased me, which i killed down the hillside a bit, and i approched the unicorn, and it gave me the option to ride, and i said yes, then it got angry and chased me down. lol. was funny. that was one temptermental horse

Posted by Ant

Unicorns are very defensive. I thought this was common knowledge?

Posted by juliebriggs

lol.. im not up to speed on my mythical animals

Quoted post: Unicorns are very defensive. I thought this was common knowledge?

Pff, no. Unicorns are peaceful, paradoxical creatures. It's not that they're defensive, it's just that they aren't bound by our laws. See, whenever there's violence around, they fly into an uncontrollable rage and thirst for the blood of the violence's source. It's all very intricate, the Unicorn's inner workings. So much so, it almost doesn't even make sense. But it does, it does. You know, fight fire with fire... that sort of stuff.

Posted by juliebriggs

a clydesdale unicorn would be great. lol

Posted by Ant

Unicorns hate jockies.

It's a fact, look it up.

I just used Google to look it up. Turn out it is a fact. Go figure.

Posted by Sir Ashen

i love oblivion its an amazing game :D i really like the detail and gameplay

Posted by Hero'sCrest

I thought about getting it, I even made a post about it lol. Well I was just wondering if anyone could give me any pointers or something. Thanks.

Posted by SmileInYourSleep

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Hey, I was wondering. In you guys' opinion, what is the best way to build your character in Oblivion? Like, what I mean is should I use magic or melee?[/COLOR][/FONT]

Go for both. That's what I did. It allows you to get some range than rush in for a melee attack if needed. Plus, by the end, it probably won't matter.

Posted by SmileInYourSleep

Quoting Vampiro: Go for both. That's what I did. It allows you to get some range than rush in for a melee attack if needed. Plus, by the end, it probably won't matter.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Thanks, hey and just one question. Please don't include details of it, but was the ending awesome:D (if you have beaten it that is).[/COLOR][/FONT]

Not really. The main quest is actually pretty lame, but that's not what you play for. It's all about the side-quests.

Posted by Sable Wind

I've gotten about forty hours into Oblivion. My character is only at level seven and pretty much flat broke. This is mostly due to the fact that I often have to bribe people to get the information I want. I've completed both the Dark Brotherhood and the Arena, and I'm just beginning the Thieves' Guild. I've barely started on the mainquest, though whilst running around I do see an Oblivion gate from time to time. Do I go in? No. >_>

One of my favourite quests was probably the Who Dunit? quest, in the Dark Brotherhood. Having the guests kill each other was too delicious. I forget what quest I'm involved in now, but I tend to want to complete all the side quests I'm given. They're a lot of fun, and it's one of the things I love about the game. All the people with their own problems makes it seem to realistic to me.

Probably one of the most interesting moments, even though it wasn't really during a quest, was when I was in Bruma, in Olav's, and Gromm (a bodyguard of Baenlin, an elf you kill early in the Dark Brotherhood) was whining about how Baenlin was dead. Out of nowhere, a guy rushes into Olav's and begins to beat the crap out of Gromm. Gromm retaliates, but the guy runs out and Gromm follows. They fight in the street, and Gromm eventually kills the guy. However, Gromm is then killed by the guards.

To this day I do not know who the guy was, or what he wanted from Gromm, but **** that was fun to watch.

Quoted post: One of my favourite quests was probably the Who Dunit? quest, in the Dark Brotherhood. Having the guests kill each other was too delicious.

I just interviewed them, killed someone, interviewed them again, repeat. The comments alone made it one of the best quests. So much racism.