Post-Fusion Samus abilities (Possible spoilers)

Posted by Sk2k52

***Warning, Possible Spoilers in thread*

Im always seeing create a new beam thread, but almost never hear ideas on new/alternate abilities for Samus post-fusion. Post here ideas for new abilities and their names.

Ability: Speed ball
Type: Alternate
Effect: Acts as a speed booster except in morphball mode.
Aquired: Core-X

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Sk2k52]Im always seeing create a new beam thread, but almost never hear ideas on new/alternate abilities for Samus post-fusion. Post here ideas for new abilities and their names.

Ability: Speed ball
Effect: Acts as a speed booster except in morphball mode.
Aquired: Core-X

I think there already is something like this, in Zero Mission, it's just not an actual item. It's amazing how rarely the speed booster is used to actually increase speed...

And if it's post-fusion, how is Samus possibly supposed to find a core-X?

Ability: Blast Shield
Type: Secondary weapon
Effect: Deflects attacks, but prevents weapons from being used.
Aquired: Upgrade station (those things are still cool)

Posted by Zeta

Item: Wall Jump Boots
Type: Misc.
Effect: Let's Samus perform the walljumps like in SM and ZM, instead of the ****ty Fusion wall jump.
Aquired: ? ? ?

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting GameMiestro: I think there already is something like this, in Zero Mission, it's just not an actual item. It's amazing how rarely the speed booster is used to actually increase speed...

And if it's post-fusion, how is Samus possibly supposed to find a core-X?

When I said new/alternate, I ment like Zeta understood that it could be an extra upgrade that does one of the things a greater upgrade gave. In MZM and MF, I didnt like how high jump gave also spring ball :(

[quote]
Ability: Blast Shield
Type: Secondary weapon
Effect: Deflects attacks, but prevents weapons from being used.
Aquired: Upgrade station (those things are still cool)

Shhhh that's spoilers. Great, now i gotta put spoilers in the topic name ><

Anyway it was a space station, lets just pretend they used escape pods and survived xD

Ability: Shinespark
Effect: While using speed booster, allows to suddenly stop and store speed motions and use the boosters to projectile you in your current/new direction.
Aquired: Chozo Statue

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Sk2k52: Anyway it was a space station, lets just pretend they used escape pods and survived xD

Alternativly, the guys at BSL might've shipped some X infected creatures to other places before the incident. They could've shipped a Hornoad to a zoo, or something.

Channel 5 News: "This just in: The Jager III Intergalactic Zoo is under attack by strange blob-like creatures!"
Samus & Adam: "OH SHI-!"

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Sk2k52]Shhhh that's spoilers. Great, now i gotta put spoilers in the topic name ><

I thought we all agreed that it was okay to talk openly about this game. If someone really cared about finding the ending to this game out themselves, they would have bought the game already.

[quote=Sk2k52]Ability: Shinespark
Effect: While using speed booster, allows to suddenly stop and store speed motions and use the boosters to projectile you in your current/new direction.

You DO know how to projectile your self in morph ball mode in MZM, right? And shinespark has been around for a long time...

Ability: Death Halt
Type: Alt-form secondary (uses it's own ammo)
Effect: Guess what it does...
Aquired: You get it after defeating the evil Federation agent. Yes, there will be one, a la Matrix.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting GameMiestro: Yes, there will be one, a la Matrix.

... ... ...

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting GameMiestro:
You DO know how to projectile your self in morph ball mode in MZM, right? And shinespark has been around for a long time...

Dude, I didnt beat hte 1% challenge on MF and 9% challenge on MZ and not know these things. I already explained it my last post, and in my first post. Just because it can be done doesnt mean you cant make upgrades for it, like how the metroid cast made the power grip despite it being samus's latent ability in MF, and how Zeta created the single wall wall jump.

You just had a blonde moment ><

Posted by Zeta

Item: Frost Power Bomb
Type: Bomb
Effect: Similar to a Power Bomb, but will freeze any enemies that manage to survive the initial blast.
Acquired: ? ? ?

Quoting Sk2k52: You just had a blonde moment ><

INT decreases by 20!

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting Zeta:
INT decreases by 20!

lol

Ability: Anti-Gravity Boots
Type: Boots
Effect: Makes Samus feel more "floaty", aka, making jump/fall slightly lower.

Ability: Charge Bomb
Type: Morph
Effect: Allows the charging of a normal morph bomb attack so that it deals 5x normal damage, and has 2x the radius.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Sk2k52]You just had a blonde moment ><

We blonde folk find that insulting.

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting GameMiestro: We blonde folk find that insulting.

No we don't! Me and the person I'm going out with are both blondes :D

Ability: Missle Conversion Tank
Type: Misc
Effect: Allows 5 missles to be changed into one super missle, 1 super missle into 5 missles, and 2 missles into 1 frost missle.
Aquired: Upgrade Station

I really like my latest creation :D based it off the idea of the reserve energy tanks except tweaked it for missles ^^

Posted by GameMiestro

Here's an idea that is not a slight variation off of something that already exists-

Ability: Jetpack
Type: Jump upgrade (upgrades space jump)
Effect: Allows you to float indefinitely without actually "jumping". Allows the player to fire continuously in midair.
Obtained: Federation lab upgrade

Posted by Sk2k52

Oh yeah? Think you a tough guy huh? well beat this!

Ability: Enchanced Reflexes
Effect: Speeds up the rate of Samus's thinking, allowing her to movie faster, and making it seem as if thigs around her is going slightly slower.
Obtained: Core-X

Posted by Sk2k52

Ability: Anti-matter Generator
Effect: While activated, drains 10 life per second from samus until it reaches 01. While activated, all damage made by physical contact (from just touching the enemy) instead is directed to the target.

Posted by GameMiestro

Grr, my post was deleted.

Another idea:
Ability: Force Beam
Type: Alt. Beam Weapon
Effect: When shot against a wall, samus is pushed back in the opposite direction as fast as the Speed Booster. Allows you to boost through narrow areas.
Obtained:Upgrade station

Posted by Sk2k52

Alot of my posts were deleted too : (

Ability: Anti-Frost Suit
Type: Suit
Effect: Under extremely cold weather, samus suit becomes harder and less responsive. This suit allows shielding of those effects.
Obtained: Core-X that ate a Chozo statue o.o

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Sk2k52]Alot of my posts were deleted too : (

Ability: Anti-Frost Suit
Effect: Under extremely cold weather, samus suit becomes harder and less responsive. This suit allows shielding of those effects.
Obtained: Core-X that ate a Chozo statue o.o

Especially useful when Samus mysteriously loses the Varia Suit.

Ability: Vacuum Suit
Effect: Prevents harm done to suit in space. Allows Samus to jump in any direction. Allows missles to be fired in high gravity areas (omg nightmare reference lol).
Obtained: Completing the game for the first time

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting GameMiestro: Especially useful when Samus mysteriously loses the Varia Suit.

I'm thinking this comes before the varia suit like how high jump and grappling hook comes before space jump which renders it obselete :D

Ability: Gravity Boots
Type: Boots
Effect: Allows easy passage into space stations without artiicial gravity o.o Also makes Samus in general feel heavier, aka, falls down faster, doesn't jump as high, etc. Cannot be worn at the same time as Anti-Gravity boots.
Obtained: Chozo Statue

Posted by Sk2k52

Anyone else going to post a new ability? I don't like to double post ><

Ability: Roidcly
Effect: Allows Samus to climb walls with a flat surface, or one that goes inward. Cannot climb surfaces that are too hard for Samus's spikes to dig into.
Obtained: Latent Fusion Suit ability.